*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Questions and discussions related to business, making money online, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Forum rules
Please ensure that all posts contribute positively to the discussion and are quality posts. Any low quality posts will be deleted. Please read "What makes a worthwhile post? before posting. This section is not for questions or topics about Forum Coin and these discussions should instead be posted in our ForumCoin Related Discussions forum. You must not post referral links in this forum.

Re: Been There, Done That?

Postby DreekLass » 12 Apr 2016, 11:00

oldbuddy wrote:
DreekLass wrote:People are very suspicious of you telling them your earning stories when you leave your ref link and only your ref link, because they think you are lying about your earning prowess just to get them to sign up under you. So it is a good idea to give them the option.

To be blunt about it, I have no interest in working with people who think that way, even after they have read my logic online. Skepticism is one thing, but when carried to that extreme it cripples their potential to do any good for either one of us.

I get what you are saying, and would be inclined to agree. But often times people just want people to sign up under them, because you receive money just for getting people to sign up under you, and then you will also get a percentage of what they earn if they earn.

DreekLass

ForumCoin: 63

Banner Ad

Postby nela13 » 12 Apr 2016, 11:20

DreekLass wrote:You are right. Some people really take offense when you leave your referral link, so most people leave the referral link and the non-ref sign up link to give people the choice. People seem to be much more likely to sign up under you then.

Probably you are right, if we gave people the option to sign under our referral or by themselves, people are likely to use my referral maybe because they feel we are honest with them...

nela13

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 402

Postby oldbuddy » 13 Apr 2016, 02:59

An interesting side note, there are some sites I use that reward both the person who refers another and the new sign up equally. So if they sign up with no one referring them, neither one would get the reward. Would you still prefer to sign up alone?

NEW tool to bring eyeballs to your offer and earn referral commission.
(You Can Join Free and Learn As You Earn With My Help)
I turned off the emails they send to view ads on the website to earn free ad credits.
oldbuddy

Referrals: 37
ForumCoin: 2,391

Postby DreekLass » 13 Apr 2016, 17:05

Yes, @nela13. They don't feel as if your are trying to swindle them as much.I have never heard of that happening before, @oldbuddy. But perhaps because I have not signed up with any new sites for a while.

DreekLass

Postby oldbuddy » 14 Apr 2016, 01:04

DreekLass wrote:Yes, @nela13. They don't feel as if your are trying to swindle them as much.I have never heard of that happening before, @oldbuddy. But perhaps because I have not signed up with any new sites for a while.

One example that comes to mind is my Cellular Phone Service. If you sign up alone from their website, there is no discount. But if you use my referral link, we each get $25 off our bill.

I turned off the emails they send to view ads on the website to earn free ad credits.
oldbuddy

Postby DreekLass » 14 Apr 2016, 15:35

oldbuddy wrote:
DreekLass wrote:Yes, @nela13. They don't feel as if your are trying to swindle them as much.I have never heard of that happening before, @oldbuddy. But perhaps because I have not signed up with any new sites for a while.

One example that comes to mind is my Cellular Phone Service. If you sign up alone from their website, there is no discount. But if you use my referral link, we each get $25 off our bill.

That is actually a great deal to get more and more people into your service. Are we talking about contract cell phone services here? I live in the UK, and have not heard of that ever happening. I feel like that is something that more cell phone service companies should introduce, for sure.

DreekLass

Postby thisnthat » 14 Apr 2016, 16:01

oldbuddy wrote:I WANT them to get the idea of getting more referrals themselves. Even if it doesn't pass anything up to me, it still means they will make more money and stick around longer.

That's a good point. You won't make anything from referrals who aren't active or don't stick around.

That also emphasizes my previous statements. People who post their collection of referral links should offer enough info for that reason as well. They are being short sighted when they don't.

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 383

Postby torreyy » 14 Apr 2016, 23:42

morgoodie wrote:This would be a great way. I do not feel that it is realistic when people show fancy cars and houses and tell you that you can do this too. I have a tendency to not believe these stories, but if someone would show how they do things from the beginning and make you see that it is not a get rich scheme. This would make more sense to me. Start small and then grow over time.

I've actually sat and watched many of these types of 'schemes'...and the videos are sometimes very long. One thing I noticed in each of them though was this: they go all around the world before (if ever) really telling you exactly HOW :? to make that kind of money. :evil: I wouldn't bother with them.

torreyy

ForumCoin: 9

Postby DreekLass » 14 Apr 2016, 23:44

Whenever I have gotten referral in the past, I have done so by giving them the formula that I use to earn, but I have never really given them the formula that I use to get referrals, although if they are savvy it would be obvious to them, since I hooked them using the same method lol.

DreekLass

Postby morgoodie » 15 Apr 2016, 01:36

This is true but sometimes people do not think along those lines and they want you to spell it out for you. Those are people like myself who are not that savvy especially with online things since I am new to it and have not researched every avenue yet.

morgoodie

ForumCoin: 0

Postby oldbuddy » 15 Apr 2016, 03:48

oldbuddy wrote:One example that comes to mind is my Cellular Phone Service. If you sign up alone from their website, there is no discount. But if you use my referral link, we each get $25 off our bill.

That is actually a great deal to get more and more people into your service. Are we talking about contract cell phone services here? I live in the UK, and have not heard of that ever happening. I feel like that is something that more cell phone service companies should introduce, for sure.

My service has no contract and no pre-payment. You only pay for what you use at the end of the month.

oldbuddy

Postby DreekLass » 16 Apr 2016, 12:18

oldbuddy wrote:
oldbuddy wrote:One example that comes to mind is my Cellular Phone Service. If you sign up alone from their website, there is no discount. But if you use my referral link, we each get $25 off our bill.

My service has no contract and no pre-payment. You only pay for what you use at the end of the month.

I am also not on any contract or payment plan. I pay for what I use as I go. So I top my phone up with a certain amount of credit, and then I use it until it runs out. It is called pay as you go, over here in the UK.

@morgoodie, I know, and I try to do what I can to get even those lazy referrals, or those referrals who may not be as savvy as others.

DreekLass

Postby oldbuddy » 16 Apr 2016, 13:54

DreekLass wrote:I am also not on any contract or payment plan. I pay for what I use as I go. So I top my phone up with a certain amount of credit, and then I use it until it runs out. It is called pay as you go, over here in the UK.

I like not having to worry about running out and the more I use, the less it costs per minute or text message. Also if one month I use a lot of text messages (which often happens) I only pay more for that part of the bill and the talk or data doesn't go up. You can't sign up for the service except in the US, but you can look at the website for Ting and see how unique it is.

oldbuddy

Postby DreekLass » 17 Apr 2016, 04:48

oldbuddy wrote:
DreekLass wrote:I am also not on any contract or payment plan. I pay for what I use as I go. So I top my phone up with a certain amount of credit, and then I use it until it runs out. It is called pay as you go, over here in the UK.

I like not having to worry about running out and the more I use, the less it costs per minute or text message. Also if one month I use a lot of text messages (which often happens) I only pay more for that part of the bill and the talk or data doesn't go up. You can't sign up for the service except in the US, but you can look at the website for Ting and see how unique it is.

Hmmmm. That sounds interesting. A lot of people feel like you do, hence why most people that I hear about have the type of plan that you are talking about. Or at least it is similar. I don't like commitments lol. I like to know that I am not being charged any more or any less unnecessarily. I pay for what gets used.

DreekLass

Postby oldbuddy » 17 Apr 2016, 11:53

DreekLass wrote:Hmmmm. That sounds interesting. A lot of people feel like you do, hence why most people that I hear about have the type of plan that you are talking about. Or at least it is similar. I don't like commitments lol. I like to know that I am not being charged any more or any less unnecessarily. I pay for what gets used.

My wife and I have been on this plan for about 6 months now and our cost for both of our phones hooked up is less than $30 a month. Many people pay over $100 a month for the same number of minutes.

oldbuddy

PreviousNext

Your Ad Here.

Return to Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum