*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Discuss, post questions and suggestions related to this site, here.

Increasing Activity

Postby oldbuddy » 12 Oct 2015, 15:12

I have only been here a very short time, but one thing that hit me right away, was the more active you are here, the more benefits you will accrue.

The first thing I did, was use a Gmail account that is not cluttered, so I can notice the notifications from ForumCoin instantly. Then I use Firefox with a plugin called X-Notify, so I can see new emails quickly and respond appropriately.

I also made sure my Board Preferences Posting Defaults were set to Notify me upon replies by default.

It has been working very well, so I wanted to pass it on.

Last edited by oldbuddy on 30 Oct 2015, 16:44, edited 1 time in total.
NEW tool to bring eyeballs to your offer and earn referral commission.
(You Can Join Free and Learn As You Earn With My Help)
I turned off the emails they send to view ads on the website to earn free ad credits.
oldbuddy

Referrals: 37
ForumCoin: 2,391

Banner Ad

Re: Increasing Activity

Postby vcolaco » 12 Oct 2015, 15:23

Thank you oldbuddy. The idea you had for the "side" account is great. usually one uses it to redirect spam, but easy monitoring is a cool approach.
Note: X-Notify exists also for Chrome :)

vcolaco

ForumCoin: 0

Postby ramzan00 » 12 Oct 2015, 16:35

Hmm, Thank You!!!
This is a really very good idea. But as vcolaco said There's X-Notify is also for chrome :D

ramzan00

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 68

Postby oldbuddy » 12 Oct 2015, 17:08

ramzan00 wrote:Hmm, Thank You!!!
This is a really very good idea. But as vcolaco said There's X-Notify is also for chrome :D

But Chrome is not for Linux, you can only run Chromium which is not as up to date, so I use Firefox.

I turned off the emails they send to view ads on the website to earn free ad credits.
oldbuddy

Postby cessy_08 » 13 Oct 2015, 14:02

Thanks for sharing your tips. I also used an email address I just use for my freelance gigs but I did not sign up for notifications with FC. The reason is that I am always online because of my full-time work so when I receive notifications, I tend to deviate from my "real" work and open FC instead. :lol:

Visit my personal travel and food blog! Grab a ticket for a bite around the globe with me!
Drop by LiteracyBase to read articles coming from various authors from around the world.
Expats for expats! Visit ExpatPost!
Hotel and flight bookings made easy with Kaligo.
Get 10% off buying from BornPrettyStore! Use SHASX31 code upon checkout!
cessy_08

ForumCoin: 1,129

Postby vathsala » 13 Oct 2015, 14:29

I too had signed up for notifications in yahoo. So while checking mails or chatting in yahoo i can able to see the notifications from forumcoin and respond immediately . I feel it very convenient .

vathsala

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 438

Postby vcolaco » 13 Oct 2015, 14:51

Just to clarify, my comment about Chrome was to inform all the people here that use Chrome that they can use X-N too ;) I've no issue with Firefox, let alone Linux ;)

vcolaco

Postby oldbuddy » 13 Oct 2015, 14:56

vcolaco wrote:Just to clarify, my comment about Chrome was to inform all the people here that use Chrome that they can use X-N too ;) I've no issue with Firefox, let alone Linux ;)

No issue taken, I was just clarifying my personal reason for not using Chrome for surfing. I use Linux because I hate reinstalling Windows when the creeps online trash my computer with malware of some kind and Linux keeps me safe.

oldbuddy

Postby cashforuonline » 13 Oct 2015, 17:05

I haven't done it yet for forumcoin, but for most sites that send a lot of emails, I have hotmail sort them into folders. So I can just click on whatever folder it is, and see all the emails.

cashforuonline

Referrals: 1

Postby laksh » 13 Oct 2015, 17:27

oldbuddy wrote:I have only been here a very short time, but one thing that hit me right away, was the more active you are here, the more benefits you will accrue.

The first thing I did, was use a Gmail account that is not cluttered, so I can notice the notifications from ForumCoin instantly. Then I use Firefox with a plugin called X-Notify, so I can see new emails quickly and respond appropriately.

I also made sure my Board Preferences Posting Defaults were set to Notify me upon replies by default.

Wow that's a handy info :) I use firefox but didn't know about this add-on.. I think I will try it out..

laksh

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 303

Postby oldbuddy » 13 Oct 2015, 19:59

laksh wrote:
oldbuddy wrote:I have only been here a very short time, but one thing that hit me right away, was the more active you are here, the more benefits you will accrue.

Wow that's a handy info :) I use firefox but didn't know about this add-on.. I think I will try it out..

Thanks for letting us know it helped you. That helps encourage us to help more.

oldbuddy

Postby robeen05 » 13 Oct 2015, 21:28

Hellow oldbuddy :) , well ... i just need to open my account here and go to My posts then see if there is any news in my thhreads or not :D it's just that simple .. i don't like complicating :D

robeen05

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 25

Postby trayonthomas06 » 13 Oct 2015, 21:31

Yea i did basically the same thing there are many people who have questions on here because the posts are already here.

trayonthomas06

ForumCoin: 61

Postby garys.pdx » 13 Oct 2015, 23:41

If you use Chrome & Gmail you have a lot of flexibility on how you handle your incoming mail. First you can label all of the mail from a specific address, e.g. I label all of my Forumcoin mail "ForumCoin". This lable will show up just to the left of the subject. By the fact that you have created a label you have also created a folder that you can archive your emails in. As an example I save all my Forumcoin email in a folder called "internet marketing/Forumcoin". The internet marketing folder is a master folder like a file drawer with Forumcoin being an individual file folder in that drawer.

Beyond the ability to label incoming email you can also highlight a "star" and an "arrow" giving you a four ways to label incoming mail for action. You set these when you create the filter.

I normally label incoming mail that I want to pay attention to but I do not check the sent to folder box when I'm creating the filter. This gives me the opportunity to read the email and either send it to its folder or delete the message if its not something important enough to keep after reading it.

Hope this help. If you have a specific question about using the Gmail & Chrome just PM me and I'll try and help you.

Are You Making Pennies When You Want to be Making Dollars?!
Do You Want YOUR OWN MONEY MAKING BLOG?
Click HERE to Learn How to Make Dollars and Not Pennies
garys.pdx

ForumCoin: 370

Postby Jinglebells » 14 Oct 2015, 02:24

I never created a new email acct for any site, I get notifications just fine for here, I come here several times a day , so I am not missing out on things. Some days I just can't make it to any site, but I will always come to see what is going on here.

Jinglebells

Referrals: 8
ForumCoin: 69

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to ForumCoin Related Discussions