ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
Get paid up to 150 ForumCoin to submit your article.

Social Media Management: Growing My Facebook Network

Postby cmoneyspinner » 07 May 2019, 02:33

In various social communities and at various blogs people are always talking about social media addiction. I'm not addicted to social media. For me, it's a form of free advertising; plain and simple. I have affiliate marketing websites and blogs. I have to share them somewhere to get traffic to them. But social media is also a way to meet new people and make friends; something that's hard to do since I work from home.

I have been active on Facebook for a little over 10 years. (That's what my Facebook memories indicate. Honestly, I had lost track of the time.) But it wasn't until about a year ago (maybe 2 years ago) that I started getting regular requests from people I don't know. I imagine that my profile has somehow gained visibility and people who see my activity want to hook up.

~ Some people click a feature that lets them follow me because my timeline is interesting to them; but they don't send me a friend request. I'm OK with that.

~ I'm also OK with getting friend requests from strangers. Many of our friends were once a stranger to us.

What I'm not OK with is that suspicious feeling of not knowing IF these are real people. Especially the ones with new profiles. I don't want to ignore a human being who is just seeking friendship. But I also don't want some “deadbeat ghost faker” latched on to my profile and following me around.  It feels so queer.  It's not as if I'm a celebrity.  Not that stalking celebrities is OK. But latching on to a nobody like me starts me "wondering about a person's true intent".

Sometimes I accept friend requests from people I don't know and sometimes I don't accept. How do I choose? One might accuse me of “racial profiling”. But I know for a fact it's just “wild guessing”. I look at the person's profile, see if there's something that looks like we have a commonality (or not), and I might click “Confirm” or I might click “Delete”. Sometimes I confirm and go back later and delete. Why? Because there was really nothing happening to keep us connected. When I have some down time, I clean up my “Friends” network. It's just housekeeping. Nothing personal. Sometimes I connected with a person who had a face. When I visit their profile again, it's nobody there! I'm not keeping them in my network. Why should I? They've evaporated!

facebook-76658_960_720.png
facebook-76658_960_720.png (178.61 KiB) Viewed 31 times

GROWING MY FACEBOOK SOCIAL NETWORK:

I set a goal a while back to reach a Facebook social network of 1000. I had been at 900+ for years and years. Never knew that goal would be so hard to attain. Why 1000 for Facebook? Uuumm … it's a round even number. I like round numbers. There was no detailed logic involved in picking that number.

It is May 2019, and my profile shows that my network is about 2400 strong!

It only took 10 years. Most of the friends were added within the last 2 years.

Facebook is called Facebookistan because it's membership is large enough for the network to be its own country!

FACT: “... Facebook connects more than nine hundred million monthly users, some 80 percent outside of the United States” (Source: First Stop on the Electronic Silk Road: “Facebookistan”. Blog.yalebooks.com. Yale Books Unbound, 07 Aug. 2013. )

It is becoming easier to grow my network. The process is manual. Each day I sign in there are friend requests, usually from people who are connected to others in my network. Some people are brand new with no common connections. Evidently they like my profile.

I am glad that the network for my Facebook profile is growing. Especially since my entire Google Plus network completely disappeared April 2019 when G+ shut down. For my homes business purposes, increasing my profile network should lend itself to increasing Followers and Likes for my Facebook business pages. That's my aim. It seems to be working.

Are you trying to grow your Facebook network?

Is your process manual OR are you using an automated service?

The guy in the YT video describes an automated process.

Have you ever tried the Wefbee Auto-Liker?

♦ ♦ ♦

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 7
ForumCoin: 370

Re: Social Media Management: Growing My Facebook Network

Postby fergus1234 » 08 May 2019, 09:23

I have two facebook accounts, MY family and real friends only account and my "I want to be an influencer account" My I want to be an influencer account" got hundreds of friends instantly by playing facebook games and asking active players to add me.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 383

Postby cmoneyspinner » 10 May 2019, 02:19

fergus1234 wrote:I have two facebook accounts, MY family and real friends only account and my "I want to be an influencer account" My I want to be an influencer account" got hundreds of friends instantly by playing facebook games and asking active players to add me.

I was told that the quickest way to grow your network was by playing games. The problem is ... I hate playing games!! No seriously. I just can't do it. I feel like I'm wasting my time and I can't justify it to my husband. While we struggling for our daily existence, I'm playing games on Facebook. No way. What kind of ignorance is that?? My conscience won't let me do it.

cmoneyspinner

Postby fergus1234 » 10 May 2019, 09:20

You need to learn to fight that psychological border because games are not that waste of time as they improve hand and eye coordination. Most of the so called "gamer girls" on Youtube and twitch dont really like games but loves the attention they get from men who donates them money because men are obsessed of women who plays games because most women dont like games.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 383

Postby cmoneyspinner » 14 May 2019, 21:37

fergus1234 wrote:You need to learn to fight that psychological border because games are not that waste of time as they improve hand and eye coordination. ...

True. That's a plus. But I can improve hand and eye coordination in other ways.

fergus1234 wrote: ...Most of the so called "gamer girls" on Youtube and twitch dont really like games but loves the attention they get from men who donates them money because men are obsessed of women who plays games because most women dont like games.

I get enough attention from my spouse. I don't need no man "donating". I can work and earn my money! I definitely don't need a man with an obsession. :lol: :lol: :lol:

cmoneyspinner

Return to Articles & Tutorials