*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Get paid up to 150 ForumCoin to submit your article.

Pop Technologies that might extend our lifespan part 2

Postby Netherrealmer » 21 Mar 2019, 05:12

I decided to make a part 2 because the part 1 is actually successful. Imagine being 90 years old but having the looks and stamina of 26 years old. Imagine going to a family reunion with your great great great great grandchildren celebrating with you and you don't know who they are. It is very unrealistic for this lifetime but maybe in just few decades it is possible. Here are some of the latest technological breakthrough in life and health extension science. I know the first part on featured more technologies but these 3 needs more explanation. Also they are more grounded compare to the far fetch ones from part 1.

Gene Therapy= Our telomeres are the cap of each strands of our dna and it is some sort of a protection to our chromosomes. The older we get the shorter they get. Scientists are now making researches to keep them long because it could be the key to slow down aging.

Metformin-

Metformin is prescription drugs used for diabetics. Soon though it might be an over the counter drug non diabetics can take too. Why? There is a research where they notice diabetics who takes metformin lived longer than the diabetics who didn't. There is a noticeable slow down of aging to diabetic users of metformin and they are having less chances of getting cancer. Some pharmaceutical companies are now considering to sell metformin to non diabetics as an anti-aging drug that can extend your healthspan. When we say healthspan what I mean is feeling you are on your prime. Metformin won't make you live for centuries but a century and 2 decades might be a possibility. For now you have to be a diabetic with doctor's prescription to take metformin but soon it could become over the counter. Glutathione is originally sold as a cancer prevention drug but it is now an over the counter skin whitening supplement for people who hates their tan and wants to have milky skin. Scientist are now making trials of testing metformin for non diabetics.

Fuda Cancer hospital in Guangzho China

No Chemotherapy and no super invasive surgeries but this hospital in China is able to shrink tumors and cure cancer patients with nothing but machines! It is one of the most expensive cancer hospitals in the world because of how their treatments deliver. One of their most popular treatments is their cancer cryotherapy, which is a machine that kills cancer cells in your body by submerging in cold temperature. Another popular treatment they have is cryosurgical ablation which is a machine operated surgery. They give free treatments to people with extreme cases of tumors and cancers as endorses but only a select few because this hospital is still a business after all.

Here are some of miracles this hospital is able to do:

Imagine if other hospitals gets to replicate their technology. For now though Fuda's technologies remained strictly with them. Getting a reservation to them is also hard because dying rich people still want to live. They only give free treatments to people with gigantic tumors so they can be flashy about their technology.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 2,558

Banner Ad

Re: Technologies that might extend our lifespan part 2

Postby Lushh » 07 Aug 2019, 21:14

I am still listening to hear how it boosts stamina. Even if people live longer as a result of taking Metformin, does that also mean they'll retain vigour? As long as it's not a case of walking deads it sounds good. In the video they said the experiment is going well on worms. We'll just have to wait and see the final results in humans.

Lushh

ForumCoin: 256

Postby Netherrealmer » 08 Aug 2019, 12:39

My brother is not diabetic but his mother in law is and he is now taking metformin. He said it improved his stamina from work. So does seem to have positive effects to non diabetics.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby Lushh » 08 Aug 2019, 15:36

fergus1234 wrote:My brother is not diabetic but his mother in law is and he is now taking metformin. He said it improved his stamina from work. So does seem to have positive effects to non diabetics.

Is he a part of the tests? It seems odd that he would be taking it otherwise if he doesn't have diabetes.

Lushh

Postby Netherrealmer » 08 Jun 2020, 20:45

I dont think he should be doing this since he is not a diabetic but based from his medicals he is very healthy.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby Lushh » 18 Jun 2020, 21:32

Is it available over the counter now? I haven't heard of anyone in my part of the world being able to get it without prescription.

Lushh

Postby nela13 » 18 Jun 2020, 22:15

I have read about telomeres and its importance to have a long life, I had no idea that there is a medicine that help to improve our telomeres size, it is a very good news :thumbup:
About that technology to treat cancer it is quite selfish keep it for themselves and don't share it with the rest of the world, it is sad as for them money is more important than people's lives :thumbdown:

nela13

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 402

Postby Netherrealmer » 10 Jul 2020, 13:58

Lushh wrote:Is it available over the counter now? I haven't heard of anyone in my part of the world being able to get it without prescription.
It is prescription at this moment but they are now developing an over the counter version that is not for diabetics.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby Mika » 18 Feb 2021, 12:51

I have members in the family who take metformin. I believe people who take metformin are living longer than those who are not taking metformin, not because of metformin drugs but because the drug maintains the blood sugar levels, thus stopping complications that may arise due to diabetes.

Mika

ForumCoin: 0

Postby Ezzyoj » 18 Feb 2021, 16:24

My culture forbid taking anything of such, my believe it is God that can extend life not any drugs and no one should try to against God.

Ezzyoj

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 233

Postby GuestHu » 19 Feb 2021, 03:12

Netherrealmer wrote:Our telomeres are the cap of each strands of our dna and it is some sort of a protection to our chromosomes. The older we get the shorter they get. Scientists are now making researches to keep them long because it could be the key to slow down aging.

Yeah, but the huge obstacle here is cancer cells. If they attempt to extend telomeres, not only the good cells that will live longer but also cancer cells.

Netherrealmer wrote:Glutathione is originally sold as a cancer prevention drug but it is now an over the counter skin whitening supplement for people who hates their tan and wants to have milky skin.

I despise our culture here of considering tanned-skin an ugly thing. That a pretty person should have white porcelain skin like Korean. Heish. So, many people who want to get white skin badly unknowingly get overdosed from glutathione, which leads them to death.

GuestHu

ForumCoin: 749

Postby Abigael » 22 Feb 2021, 07:41

Those are very good technologies that could increase our lifespan. I hope they finish researching on them soon so they can start being used. It would be really great to have a long life.

Abigael

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 11

Postby GuestHu » 23 Feb 2021, 00:43

a_jerobon wrote: I hope they finish researching on them soon so they can start being used. It would be really great to have a long life.

Rich people are more likely to have access to that kind of technology, lengthening their life span, which is kinda selfish because they won't let the other generations inherit their resources. Rich people will hoard and consume almost all natural resources and won't leave anything for the next generation.

GuestHu

ForumCoin: 749

Postby Yugocean » 23 Feb 2021, 11:08

I hope there is some real, Family living long is what we want. I did not come to live immortal, but love is love.

Yugocean

ForumCoin: 3,958

Postby Carson20t » 25 Mar 2021, 21:58

Technology and the health reforms have done so much for us but also its from them that a lot of misery has come to human beings and animals.So my call would be for us o be as organic as possible.I don't know if anyone has observed that only two things have caused a major catostrophy of illnesses in the entire world.99% of diseases can only be categorized as hygien related and life style related illnesses.If we work on these two then the world will be a better place.

Carson20t

ForumCoin: 209

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to Articles & Tutorials