*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Get paid up to 150 ForumCoin to submit your article.

4 Ways to Generate Random Secure Online Password

Postby skysnap » 04 Dec 2018, 19:37

Passwords are getting exposed these days. And it makes many people lose their personal data and also their information becomes public. And in that case, it can be seriously bad for you to have small password or easy to crack password. In such case I have decided to find out some of the password generators that can be good for the users. So take a look at some of the blow tools and find out if you can make use of them for your everyday password usages.

LastPass Password Generator

This tool is not only automated password manager but also it allows you to generate long and strong passwords. They have most of the password criteria handled. And they stored website specific logins into their database. And all of that is encrypted both on your account and harddisk. So you're pretty much protected in that case. They have length, symbol, characters and numbers combination for you to choose from. So a lot of interesting usage for the password generator for you to work with. I'd recommend this tool. You can access the password generator here.
https://www.lastpass.com/password-generator

Random Org Password Generator

This is a website that allows you to choose between the random data that you add. So they have collection for password generator too. Though it's not that secure but you can use this data and mix it up. And then use it in your real passwords. Though this may not give you much protection but more mix the password in strength the stronger it can be. And if it crossed 14 digit password then that can be a good sign. Though it's not recommended to use that big in event you may forget. You can access the password maker here. https://www.random.org/passwords/

RoboForm Password Generator

Remember old roboform that auto sends content in html pages? They have password manager too. And they also have one dedicated page where you can have password generator like lastpass. And it can be seriously easy to make use of that. I have made use of it and it seems like a good use for the password if you ask me. Roboform seems to have made page with similar condition like lastpass hence the stronger password generation from that app. You can check out the password generator here. https://www.roboform.com/password-generator

Windows PowerShell Random Password

If you are good at scripting on your own then making your own random password generator. If you check some of the scripts on the youtube. You'd be finding a lot of interesting tutorials that can be helping for you to play with the random password. I have noticed that some of the features may be missing here because you are building the command line code. So you may have to take this as an option for script and not full fledged program. So if you are up for limited usage of it, then You can check out the tutorial here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj25WgU9oo4

These are some of the random password generator that you can check out. I'd say depending on which one maybe use to you. These type of password generator can be really good to use for routine desktop usage. When to use which tool? That is totally dependent on your workflow and your comfort of usage. I'd recommend scripts if you know how to use them otherwise just use browser add ons.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 351

Banner Ad

Re: 4 Ways to Generate Random Secure Online Password

Postby ptrikha21 » 15 Dec 2018, 16:08

A great article. Indeed, changing passwords, storing them and also memorizing them for a number of sites is necessary these days but cumbersome as well. Such tools can lighten the burden.

ptrikha21

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 897

Postby darkthorn » 15 Dec 2018, 20:39

Thanks for the tips, I normally create my own passwords and they are very complex but all of them have a meaning to me :mrgreen:

darkthorn

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 342

Postby Vamshi026 » 16 Dec 2018, 02:23

Thanks for the great tips.Even I create my own secure passwords .I feel I can never forget them.However thanks for the post... 8-)

Vamshi026

ForumCoin: 6

Postby skysnap » 19 Feb 2019, 05:50

ptrikha21 wrote:A great article. Indeed, changing passwords, storing them and also memorizing them for a number of sites is necessary these days but cumbersome as well. Such tools can lighten the burden.

I gave up writing password in diary. You never know when it may get leaked. So I prefer to just use cloud services.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 351

Your Ad Here.

Return to Articles & Tutorials