ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Get paid up to 150 ForumCoin to submit your article.

What You Should Know About Basic Google Analytics Filters

Postby skysnap » 08 Sep 2018, 08:09

Google analytics is one of the complex yet useful tool. While working with it on clients backend. I have learned some of the skills and I thought I should be passing them to you. Do note that while reading this I recommend you to take the google analytics course in the analytics academy. It's listed on the official website. So you have to learn from there so that you get to understand some of these concepts listed below. You have to use the tools to understand what is listed in the article. This is not article where you can read randomly and acquire information. So check out the below filter related concepts for more information.

How to create Filter?

Google anlaytics allows you to create filters with simple steps. You can follow the steps below to create the filters in your account.

1. Go to Admin tab.
2. Then go to Account column.
3. Then go to view > filter.
4. Here you can name your filter and save it.

You can learn more about filters and grouping of such filters through official documentation. It doesn't take much to create and apply a filter. All you have to do is just follow the instruction and have some specific goal in mind for creating the filter.

What are the views applied to filters?

There are some views you should know while working with the filters. For example, Unfiltered view is the default view where your data is kept intact. And the data here is raw data. And the main view is where your information appears. And you get to understand how the data appears in the reporting. Then comes the test view where you should test all your views. So that your data views don't get affect in real. And here the undo is not required considering the view is test or say demo for your data as it is. As we know filters are applied only to the data moving forward, these views matters a lot.

What type of filters?

So comes the question on the filters. You can see that there is data processing, consistency and then comes the data sources. So these three are the basic type of the filters. You will have subtypes in each one of them. Filters here are going to help you understand your data more and you get to know more about what you can do with the filtering such type of the data. I have learned from the experience about how the filter properly gets handled in this context. You may have to read about it in the analytics academy.

What else You Should Know?

There is a lot to take into the analytics. So let's not assume that this article alone would be enough for you to teach you all of this. You have to finish some of the courses in the Google analytics dashboard. You should join analytics academy and leanr about the regular expression. As that topic can't be covered in an article or so. You have to understand where and how much your client or website needs and based on that you can learn.

As you can see these are some of the basic things you should know about the Google Analytics filters. More to learn depending on your complex project for data collection from the website. More complex website that interacts with user, the more complex filter you have to apply for sorting out the data.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 976

Return to Articles & Tutorials