*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Get paid up to 150 ForumCoin to submit your article.

Re: Technologies that might extend our lifespan

Postby Netherrealmer » 19 Jun 2020, 03:58

I wish they can develop a mechanical heart that is small. Lucky for him his mechanical heart is portable. The older versions are bulky machines that the patient cannot leave their room.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 2,557

Banner Ad

Re: Technologies that might extend our lifespan part 1

Postby mrki444 » 13 Aug 2020, 07:35

This is great. We can see how tech changes in two years.

Question: Is pacemaker considered nanotech or just implant into human body? Can we say people who have it alredy cyborgs in some way?

mrki444

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 530

Postby cmoneyspinner » 13 Aug 2020, 15:51

In the USA, people have been using pacemakers for a very long time. It never occurred to me what kind of technology it was. Here is an article that might interest you.
https://www.dicardiology.com/article/ne ... chnologies

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 1,835

Postby Vehlijanta » 14 Aug 2020, 01:40

Things change very rapidly these days. Think about China developed it's own SUN :lol: so they can even create their own GOD like that too. :lol:

Vehlijanta

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 1,604

Postby Netherrealmer » 14 Aug 2020, 10:43

mrki444 wrote:This is great. We can see how tech changes in two years.

Question: Is pacemaker considered nanotech or just implant into human body? Can we say people who have it alredy cyborgs in some way?

They are cyborg on some ways but not yet nanotech since nanoteach is a swarm of bacteria sized robots that can reproduce using the metals in your blood.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby Peterluck22 » 15 Aug 2020, 11:39

This shows that the world is changing rapidly,we should be seeing flying cars in the year 2035 or less. Making portable bot is another step to technology revolution

Last edited by Peterluck22 on 16 Aug 2020, 11:02, edited 1 time in total.
Peterluck22

Referrals: 21
ForumCoin: 44

Postby nela13 » 15 Aug 2020, 14:57

I read somewhere that the first person who will turn 1000 years old has already born! :shock: It seems surreal to think that this is possible at the present time, but with technological advances this hypothesis is increasingly closer to reality.
For me the most weird technology used is cryogenics, this technology consists of freezing a human body at low temperature, with the hope of resuscitation in the future. The procedure currently costs a lot of money but it depends if you want to freeze just the head :hair: or to freeze the entire body. This sounds totally craziness for me.

nela13

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 402

Postby Netherrealmer » 15 Aug 2020, 15:01

I think they just preserve the head because of the mind upload technology. The consciousness is in the head. I kinda like the idea of living digital. I can choose what I want to look like. Mind upload is basically turning yourself into a sim.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby anilmr » 21 Aug 2020, 18:20

cmoneyspinner wrote:Second, remember the story of Tithonus in Greek mythology. (Just Google it!)

I had never heard about Tithonus before ( my knowledge of Greek mythology is pretty poor). But exactly granted him the boon of immortality - Zeus or Eos? Anyway, doesn't matter since he began to age like all other mortals. So aging is inevitable - but lucky are those who age gracefully.

anilmr

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 2,183

Postby anilmr » 21 Aug 2020, 18:20

cmoneyspinner wrote:Second, remember the story of Tithonus in Greek mythology. (Just Google it!)

I had never heard about Tithonus before ( my knowledge of Greek mythology is pretty poor). But exactly granted him the boon of immortality - Zeus or Eos? Anyway, doesn't matter since he began to age like all other mortals. So aging is inevitable - but lucky are those who age gracefully.

anilmr

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 2,183

Previous

Your Ad Here.

Return to Articles & Tutorials