*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Get paid up to 150 ForumCoin to submit your article.

Emergency Windows tools you can use if your keyboard got Broken

Postby Netherrealmer » 11 Jul 2018, 06:49

If you are using Windows as your operating system. There are some built in programs that you had been ignoring for decades that are very useful on daily uses and emergencies. You can simply operate them by pressing the windows button on your keyboard and typing the name of the program on your search programs bar. These programs had been in your PC for years but you never used them. I hope you remember these programs because they possibly useful on your future adventures with your laptop or desktop computer.

Onscreen keyboard- The picture below is the screenshot of the onscreen keyboard.

It is a Keyboard you can use for typing with your mouse or laptop's touchpad. You may say " I already have a keyboard" I don't need another one. Well the onscreen keyboard is useful daily because it protects you from the hackers known as Keyloggers. Keyloggers are malwares that can record everything you typed with your keyboard. Many people got their emails, bank accounts, PayPal accounts and online earning accounts after a Keylogger recording what they type with their keyboard. Onscreen Keyboard cannot be detected by Keyloggers. That makes On screen desktop useful for daily use. It can protect you from hacking. Also if you are typing something important in the middle of 2:00 am in the morning and your keyboard got broken but you have a deadline for what you are typing Onscreen keyboard the search button of the windows bar.

or you can click the start button , All programs and accessories , Then you can find onscreen keyboard and start using it .

If you don't see the onscreen keyboard. You can go to control panel, ease of access and click activate on screen keyboard.

Text to Speech- Is useful if you were tired of typing with your fingers. If you have microphone you can use it to dictate everything you want to say into text . You can use it for Microsoft word, Notepad ,emails and the text box of all websites. The only flaw with text to speech is that it only recognizes American accent.

Text to speech became useful for me to practice having an American accent. We know many jobs online requires American accent and this could help you get jobs. To activate text to speech, You need to click the Windows start button or push the windows button on your keyboard and type text to speech on the search programs bar and you can now use it. I remember a time when my keyboard got broken, I was able to cash out on making articles with Text to speech alone. I was so poor then and I cannot buy a keyboard. I was able to save money to buy a keyboard thanks to text to speech.

What if your mouse got broken but you have working keyboard?

There is a tool known as Mouse keys!

Mouse keys is a hidden built-in program Windows offer to people who suddenly got their mouse broken and can't buy a mouse at the moment but needed to use the pc.

These are the mouse keys and you can see it on your keyboard.

number 8 works as the up arrow. Number 4 works as the left arrow. Number 6 works as the right arrow and number 2 work as the down arrow. Number 5 works as the click button of the mouse.

To activate the Mouse buttons. Go to the windows start bar, click control panel then click ease of access. The option for activating the mouse keys are there. It is great for emergencies of having a broken mouse.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 2,558

Banner Ad

Re: Emergency Windows tools you can use if your keyboard got Broken

Postby ceci » 13 Jul 2018, 07:56

Thanks for the tips, it's fantastic.
I can't live without a mouse and keyboard with my laptop. In fact, I am using an external keyboard for easier typing work.
And, I spare a mouse at home too in order to avoid the above situation. :lol:

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 26

Postby Netherrealmer » 13 Jul 2018, 09:01

Thanks fergal for fixing my mess. :lol:

@ ceci at this moment I don't have a spare mouse and keyboard so this is my only alternative option. But I will buy spares but These programs are necessary because sometimes the spares themselves have defects.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 2,558

Postby oldbuddy » 13 Jul 2018, 14:17

Typing with the onscreen keyboard (like I did this comment) is REALLY slow!

Especially if you need to correct many mistakes!

-- 13 Jul 2018, 06:35 --

I decided you try his speech recognition would continue to warm

Load a Honda dry it looks like it's working but it doesn't do a really good job like the I would be to spend some time practicing

You loose ends to what I stayed and when I stop talking you possibly box with the words unit united plea of not it into his car may

This was supposed to say, "It listens to what I say and when I quit talking a box pops up with what I said and a button to insert it into this comment". NOT EVEN CLOSE, so back to the keyboard

If I need speech recognition, I will use my Android phone and email it to my computer. Thanks for the diversion anyway.

NEW tool to bring eyeballs to your offer and earn referral commission.
(You Can Join Free and Learn As You Earn With My Help)
I turned off the emails they send to view ads on the website to earn free ad credits.
oldbuddy

Referrals: 37
ForumCoin: 2,391

Postby cmoneyspinner » 13 Jul 2018, 18:28

I accidentally found out about the onscreen keyboard. It did come in handy and I hope I never have to use ever again! :D

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 1,835

Your Ad Here.

Return to Articles & Tutorials