*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Get paid up to 150 ForumCoin to submit your article.

Social Media Management and Tips : Sponsored Tweets ~ Earn Money with Twitter?

Postby cmoneyspinner » 29 Nov 2017, 02:34

When I first started trying to make money online, a fellow home business entrepreneur recommended that I explore ways to monetize my tweets. Because I was a newbie and did not know much about social media, particularly Twitter, or Internet marketing, Influencer Marketing, and all those buzz words like "promoted" or "sponsored", I hesitated to follow her advice. But I never forgot her advice. Now I am exploring further.

I am interested in knowing more about Sponsored Tweets and will share what I've learned thus far.

The last time somebody even mentioned this topic in Forum Coin was about a year ago in an article titled How to make money on Twitter. A user asked about them but did not get much feedback.

Basically the post writer said:
Making money on Twitter requires two things,
1. A huge following
2. An influence on that following
If you already have the above two qualities, well you can sign up on sponsored tweets and cash in.

I agree that you need a following on Twitter. Although I'm not sure what the writer's definition of “huge following” is. But I say if you have any number of followers, go for it! You've got nothing to lose. It takes less than a minute to tweet something. 5 minutes max! It's not like you're spending hours composing a detailed article or blog post.

Also, you need to consider that even though people may not be following you on Twitter, if you make your tweets public, use good hashtags, and tweet regularly, non-followers may still find your tweets via general searches. Non-followers might decide to become followers. Who knows? Perhaps with persistence, you'll end up with that “huge following”.

So while it's true that you do need a following on Twitter, you also need to know how to write interesting attention-grabbing tweets and make good use of popular hashtags.

That's just my side note and advice, for whatever it's worth.

What I really want to discuss are Sponsored Tweets.

Twitter_dollars.jpg
Twitter_dollars.jpg (63.6 KiB) Viewed 116 times

A while back I signed up for Sponsored Tweets by Izea and it used to be easy to tweet affiliate product links. However, they discontinued that service, effectively cutting off an income earning potential for me. :problem:

I'm still on their mailing list and receive “Weekly SponsoredTweets”; a list of suggested tweets called “ContentAmp Opportunities”. For the past several months, I've been ignoring their eMail messages. After they stopped the affiliate products social shares, I became discouraged. But I decided that if the company believed it was profitable to them to continue this aspect of their service, then maybe I should give it a try.

The eMail communication contains a list of tweets with estimated potential earnings to be made if you share via your social media accounts. By the way, you can associate your Facebook, Google Plus, and other social media to your account. I just find it easier it use my Twitter.

My thoughts about these potential income opportunities to earn from tweeting?
Eh! What have I got to lose? The tweet is already composed. All I have to do is tweet it. This might be a quick and easy way to earn money tweeting. Won't know if I don't try. Right?

I'm thinking my Twitter account is a gold mine that I haven't mined. I'm going to become proactive about using my Twitter account to earn money.

I tweeted about 10 of the Sponsored Tweets and while I am waiting to receive a notification about any earnings, I am also doing some additional research on monetizing my Twitter account, sponsored tweets ro any other related topics.

Here are some of the articles I'm reviewing.

Chantal. “How to Make Money with Sponsored Tweets.” BusyBloggingMom.com, Inventige LLC, 26 Oct. 2016, http://www.busybloggingmom.com/sponsored-tweets/.

Storm, Alison. “How to Make Money With Twitter Using Sponsored Tweets.” Money Crashers, SparkCharge Media, LLC, https://www.moneycrashers.com/make-money-twitter-sponsored-tweets/.
* Excerpt: "There are many ways to use Twitter for business and personal success. However, until recently, I couldn’t put a dollar amount on Twitter. Then I discovered Sponsored Tweets, an advertising platform that connects companies with tweeters."

Mike. “How to Make Money with Your Twitter Account?” The BloggersDesks, 28 Oct. 2017, http://bloggersdesks.com/make-money-with-twitter-account/.
* Excerpt: "[url="http://sponsoredtweets.com/r/2YJO"]Sponsored Tweets[/url] is a well-known ad service for Twitter. You can choose the ads you tweet from a list that you are available to you and updated regularly. The best of it is that it allows you to set your own price-per click. In order to be qualified you need to have at least 50 followers and 100 tweets with at least 60 days old."

Khurana, Kamal. “5 Ways to Make Money Using Twitter.” MoneyMagpie, 15 Sept. 2017, https://www.moneymagpie.com/make-money/5-ways-to-make-money-using-twitter.
* Excerpt: "Twitter isn’t just a place to tell the world what you’re eating or to brag about how many followers you have. It can also provide you with money-making opportunities."

Wilson, James C. “7 Simple Ways to Make Money with Your Twitter In 24 Hour.” How to Make Money Online FAST, 2017, http://makemoneyblogtip.com/make-money-with-your-twitter/.

Has anyone had any monetary success using Sponsored Tweets by Izea?

Has anyone had any monetary success using Sponsored Tweets by a company other than Izea?

Has anyone earned money via any legitimate method using their Twitter account?

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 1,835

Banner Ad

Re: Social Media Management and Tips : Sponsored Tweets ~ Earn Money with Twitter?

Postby augusta » 29 Nov 2017, 12:05

I read about sponsored tweet on BMF and I was happy to have a passive means of income only to find out I need tons of visitors or followers up to 50k,so I never tried it.So have they stopped the offer or how?

augusta

ForumCoin: 6

Re: Social Media Management and Tips : Sponsored Tweets ~ Earn Money with Twitter?

Postby cmoneyspinner » 29 Nov 2017, 16:03

augusta wrote:I read about sponsored tweet on BMF and I was happy to have a passive means of income only to find out I need tons of visitors or followers up to 50k,so I never tried it.So have they stopped the offer or how?

No they have not stopped. They just modified the way they do it. Check out some of those articles links I provided and you'll see that the income opportunity is there. Like I said, Twitter is super easy to use so why not try to earn money from your tweets. :$:

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 1,835

Your Ad Here.

Return to Articles & Tutorials