ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Get paid up to 150 ForumCoin to submit your article.

Accepting Money for Online Work

Postby skysnap » 09 Jan 2017, 06:35

Most of us are working online trying to mange our rest of the life. It can be hard to do online work some of the time as there are various types of clients out there. For example, there are some clients who only pay through paypal. However for clients who can't pay via paypal we have to find alternative ways to get paid. And this has to be done such that you don't end up ignoring the client who is likely to be recurring one. Here are some of the ways you can get paid for your online work.

Payoneer

Paypal is not the only site that accepts payment online. Just because it works for you does not mean every client out there will have paypal. In such case getting paid through payoneer can be one option. Like paypal, you can find that payoneer too gets your payment to the bank. And the conversion rate is much better compared to paypal. Another thing is that it can create virtual bank account fo you. And you can give the virtual bank address to the sites or clients who want to pay you. And this way you can get paid in virtual bank that links to your real bank.

Stripe

For those freelancers and small business, stripe is one such option that can be used as an alternative. This payment gateway can accept debit card, credit card, netbanking and other online methods to pay you. All you have to do is just setup the payment gateway and sell your service. And make sure that you are not scamming the users. If you do then the reverse charges will be taken out from your bank account. So if you are a serious business then stripe is worth checking out.

PaySimple

This is another alternative to accept international payments. Though company looks like US based. But if you are registering your business online then getting one account from them can be a good option. You'd be making much better choices this way. And it can save a lot of time for your billing and invoicing plans. Most of the small business want to automate the billing. And this can be done if the paysimple is integrated in the online shop or site. This way everything gets into automation.

Amazon Payments

Most of the US based users are already started adding amazon payments on their site. This is very good option because many people are trusting amazon over paypal. And amzon payments are secure and friendly. You'd be finding the payment system lot better to add to your shop and site. If you are using the Woocommerce on WordPress then the integration is much easier too. So for shopify and wordpress users, it's better to use Amazon payments.

Escrow

Not sure if the client can be trusted? Client is afraid of trusting you? Both of you can get an account at escrow. And this way they can manage you both. And you get paid on satisfacton of client money. And client is not going to run away. This is what many people are trying these days. And based on the way escrow is securing many clients and workers, this can be a good system. Once you establish the trust then you can pay each other on your own payment gateway.

These are some of the ways you can get paid from the client. Though it's not easy to setup things at first. But with time and some code experience you can get things setup. You just have to work harder on code and integration for website in order set yourself properly.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 1,125

Re: Accepting Money for Online Work

Postby TeacherAngel » 09 Jan 2017, 10:49

The only online payment processor that I use is Paypal. I'd have to agree that Escrow is very helpful too. I experienced using it back when I was active in Elance. Thank you for sharing such useful information, skysnap! :)

TeacherAngel

ForumCoin: 938

Postby skysnap » 10 Jan 2017, 08:10

For me paypal works. But not going to rely on single site for my entire income. So I try to create alternatives as much as possible.

skysnap

Postby ivyparkgirl » 12 Jan 2017, 00:57

I use alertpay also as well as PayPal.

ivyparkgirl

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 953

Postby skysnap » 12 Jan 2017, 05:57

ivyparkgirl wrote:I use alertpay also as well as PayPal.

Legit sites and legit employers don't use alertpay. as there are lot of limitations with the alertpay. paypal, payoneer and others are more reliable and legit.

skysnap

Postby germainebull » 16 Jan 2017, 15:22

TeacherAngel wrote:The only online payment processor that I use is Paypal. I'd have to agree that Escrow is very helpful too. I experienced using it back when I was active in Elance. Thank you for sharing such useful information, skysnap! :)

Paypal is beneficial in that it has a buyer protection system. This way, a buyer can ask Paypal to collect monies for unacceptable goods from the seller. Take note: This service covers goods only, not services.

germainebull

Referrals: 32
ForumCoin: 187

Postby DreekLass » 16 Jan 2017, 15:41

Yes, it sucks when you find a good online earning opportunity... only to find out they they don't pay in Paypal, but some other payment processor that nobody has ever heard of. I have a Netteller account and a Paypal account.

DreekLass

ForumCoin: 63

Postby skysnap » 18 Jan 2017, 16:09

DreekLass wrote:Yes, it sucks when you find a good online earning opportunity... only to find out they they don't pay in Paypal, but some other payment processor that nobody has ever heard of. I have a Netteller account and a Paypal account.

We don't have netteller here. So payoneer, skrill, alertpay and few others are possible. I can't rely on paypal for everyday earning so I try to use as many payment processing possible instead of depending on paypal.

skysnap

Postby augusta » 29 Sep 2017, 15:28

Never knew about some payment processors because a lot of online sites use PayPal and payoneer but in all I love escrow because of scammers everywhere. For now I have account with PayPal and payoneer.

augusta

ForumCoin: 452

Postby anorona » 30 Sep 2017, 11:37

I only use paypal to receive payment because it is the most trusted by many. I have not tried any other that listed above, but I have an account on payza which you can also use as an alternative for paypal.

anorona

ForumCoin: 514

Postby ruthmongare » 30 Sep 2017, 18:29

I prefer PayPal to all other payment processor because its convenient and sucure.

ruthmongare

ForumCoin: 330

Return to Articles & Tutorials