ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Get paid up to 150 ForumCoin to submit your article.

How To Start Your Own Online Business

Postby Chameli » 03 Mar 2019, 13:03

You can make money online by working on earning sites like paid to post sites, GPT sites, Survey sites, Freelancing sites or from your own Blog or Vlogs. However, these activities do not guarantee you a good income or stable income. You will make real money online only by doing online business. So how do you get started with online business, or let say what kind of business you can do online?

What kind of business can you do online?

You can do various kind of business online. You can sell digital items (ebooks, digital arts, digital photographs etc.), you can sell all kind of physical items, not just the products you acquire from the supplier but also the products you manufacture. For example, you can buy a product from a supplier and sell the same product with your commission added. You can also refer buyers to the seller and earn sales commissions. You can also sell your handicrafts or even unused items. From house and cars to hairpin and lipstick, you can sell almost anything.

How do you start selling online?

There are various ways to do online business. The following two methods are the common ways to do online business.

Sell through third party e-commerce sites: You can sell physical or digital items through the popular marketplaces like ebay, Amazon, etsy, Zazzle etc.

Sell through your own site: You can develop your own online store and sell items. If you are selling through your own sites, you either refer buyers to the ecommerce sites and earn sales commissions, or sell directly from your own site. Referring buyers to other ecommerce sites is called Affiliate Marketing. Alternatively, you can also sell through your store without actually acquiring or manufacturing products. What you will be doing is selling the product from your site and then sending the shipping info to the store that is actually selling the item. This is called dropshipping.

Different Ways to do Online Business

Here are some common ways to do online business:

Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate Marketing is one of the easiest ways to make money by doing online business. Some affiliate marketers make money even without having their own websites, however, having your own website and listing affiliate products from affiliate networks like Amazon, Clickbank, Commission Junction and Linkshare is a better way to sell affiliate products. You do not have t spend money to manufacture or procure products, yet you can earn 5-25 percent sales commission.

Selling Through Third Party sites: Selling through the sites like ebay, Amazon etc does not cost you much. It is also easier to sell through well-known ecommerce site rather than your unknown or lesser known store.

Dropshipping: When you are dropshipping, you are selling online without actually spending money to build up your inventory. Your store has products, buyers buy from your store, however, the actual product will be shipped by the seller (dropshipper in this case). The buyers do not know you are dropshipping.

Direct selling: This is the hardest ways to sell online as you have to establish and build the reputation of your store. No one likes to buy from the store that is not popular. Therefore, you have to work hard to establish your brand. You also have to build up your inventory.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Re: How To Start Your Own Online Business

Postby Rational Mind » 04 Mar 2019, 00:01

I am thinking about dropshipping. You do not have to spend money for products, however, you have to spend a lot of money to develop the store and market your store.

Rational Mind
Banned

ForumCoin: 34

Postby Chameli » 04 Mar 2019, 01:24

Dropshipping with shopify can be very costly. However. wordpress and woocommerce will reduce your site building cost. You might have to buy premium plugins though.

Chameli
Banned

Postby Rational Mind » 04 Mar 2019, 23:19

yes, shopify is costly. You have to pay around $360 per year for shopify. You also have to pay for add ons. If you are using shopify, you might have to pay at least $500 per year just to build your site. Wordpress and woocommerce are free, therefore, site building cost will be substantially lowered if you use wordpress with woocommerce.

Rational Mind
Banned

Postby johnywalker » 05 Mar 2019, 04:35

I am planning a dropshipping site. Since I want to start low, I am not trying expensive program like shopify. I want to use woocommerce with wordpress. This does not cost money. However, I might have to use dropship plugin like oberlo that cost around $100.

johnywalker
Banned

ForumCoin: 178

Postby Chameli » 06 Mar 2019, 10:36

johnywalker wrote:I am planning a dropshipping site. Since I want to start low, I am not trying expensive program like shopify. I want to use woocommerce with wordpress. This does not cost money. However, I might have to use dropship plugin like oberlo that cost around $100.

Oberlo is not a woocommerce plugin. It is an add on for shopify. For woocommerce you can use alidropship plugin.

Chameli
Banned

Postby johnywalker » 11 Mar 2019, 04:19

Chameli wrote:
johnywalker wrote:I am planning a dropshipping site. Since I want to start low, I am not trying expensive program like shopify. I want to use woocommerce with wordpress. This does not cost money. However, I might have to use dropship plugin like oberlo that cost around $100.

Oberlo is not a woocommerce plugin. It is an add on for shopify. For woocommerce you can use alidropship plugin.

Thanks for correcting my mistake. I checked Alidropship and I think using a premium plugin like Alidropship will increate your start up cost. I am looking for a cheaper or free alternative.

johnywalker
Banned

ForumCoin: 178

Postby Chameli » 12 Mar 2019, 10:51

Recently I discovered that shopify also has a wordpress plugin called WP Shopify. I have not used this plugin, however, the description says "WP Shopify allows you to sell your Shopify products on any WordPress site"

Chameli
Banned

Postby Rational Mind » 13 Mar 2019, 18:41

If you do not want to take risk and start small, I think selling via third party sites like ebay and Amazon is a better idea. If you want to start your own store, you must be willing to spend a lot of money in creating a store and marketing the store.

Rational Mind
Banned

Postby fergus1234 » 14 Mar 2019, 18:43

My biggest issue about online selling would be shipping. If I will enter than road, I will only ship locally because international shipping is expensive.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 1,531

Postby cmoneyspinner » 14 Mar 2019, 18:58

Affiliate Marketing is the easiest for a person with no experience and no investment money. You can sign up for affiliate programs for free. You can create social media accounts for free. You can build your own website to advertise the products for free. You work at it and then you pray for results! :D

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 204

Postby Chameli » 15 Mar 2019, 02:40

fergus1234 wrote:My biggest issue about online selling would be shipping. If I will enter than road, I will only ship locally because international shipping is expensive.

If you are selling direct, you will have to do the shipping, however, if you are doing drop shipping, you do not have to deal with shipping.

Chameli
Banned

Postby Rational Mind » 15 Mar 2019, 23:58

cmoneyspinner wrote:Affiliate Marketing is the easiest for a person with no experience and no investment money. You can sign up for affiliate programs for free. You can create social media accounts for free. You can build your own website to advertise the products for free. You work at it and then you pray for results! :D

That's very true. You only need website for affiliate marketing. In fact you might even do affiliate marketing on free sites and social sites. However, you must be well versed in digital marketing to make money from affiliate marketing.

Rational Mind
Banned

Postby Chameli » 17 Mar 2019, 01:51

cmoneyspinner wrote:Affiliate Marketing is the easiest for a person with no experience and no investment money. You can sign up for affiliate programs for free. You can create social media accounts for free. You can build your own website to advertise the products for free. You work at it and then you pray for results! :D

Selling affiliate products is not easy, however, if you succeed, this will make you a lot of money and the best thing about affiliate marketing is it takes zero investment.

Chameli
Banned

Postby ceci » Yesterday, 09:14

I am now selling via Facebook, to my friend circle at no cost. It would cost me some advertisement fee if I plan to sell to prospect via Facebook page and take up some Facebook advertisement soon.

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 587

Return to Articles & Tutorials