ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Get paid up to 150 ForumCoin to submit your article.

How to make money selling old stuff

Postby kat82 » 09 Nov 2018, 17:55

If you never knew, selling old stuff is a kind of business that can completely change your life. Yes, old stuff ranging from your retired cloths, books, cars, phones and what ever you can think of. If I can tell you that I am also doing this same business and how I can to do it in addition to the much I bring it, you will wonder and say its impossible when indeed its more than possible.

With the different shopping sites almost everywhere, you have no single execuse to give in the name of failing to sell old stuff for cash. Even those big shopping sites you know including Amazon, eBay and etc, they all sell used stuff and which people buy. If you clearly describe what you are selling, fact is that you will get buyers to buy your product.

I know many who are reading this are already wondering how possible this is not so? Trustme, this is very possible for than you can imagine. Giving you an example, I listed my old WiFi modem together witha HP printer 2130. I described well the problem the printer had and also the modem since it was network locked. I was syprised to be contacted by a same person, who also sells old stuff on the same site, jumia.com offering me cash. Off the deal was sealed and he came for the products at my office.

This isn't the first time I am selling old stuff. I have been doing thus both online and offline selling stuff like used phones, chargers, computers, shoes and etc. During this time, I have come to know that what you refer to asqn old stuff, to others its like new product or item. Counting on the number of people who want to access certain products but failing due to cash, their end result is resorting to such used products.

In my locality, there is a local child care non government organisation which caters for the needy children. They have a website where people visit and pledge their donations. Some donate things like cloths, shoes and etc. And those same people donate things they also buy online from the used collections. On jumia, I have a store which sells any kind of used items. Sometime I also crawl other sites, find better deals, bargain the prices and also list those products in my store. When I sell, I take the margin and thus earning something. I target those donors who keep searching for both new and used old stuff online.

Since am a multi niche person, the same happens at my office. I have some stock of old items including a few new ones which I sell to people. People come searching for them and on every sale, I expect some profit.
With new stuff being expensive, selling the old stuff is a better business if you can do it. If you never knew, this is a business you might consider trying out.

kat82

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 1,140

Re: How to make money selling old stuff

Postby fergus1234 » 10 Nov 2018, 13:40

You can hoard toys for a decade and after 10 years sell them online to collectors and they will become more expensive.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 269

Postby jobless dude » 10 Nov 2018, 13:43

You can use OLX or eBay for selling second-hand stuff. List them on blogs and social media pages too.

jobless dude

ForumCoin: 185

Postby freelancermariagrace » 11 Nov 2018, 10:20

I used to do buy and sell stuff way back in college. I sold a lot of second-hand clothing, gadgets, bags, etc. It helped me earn some real cash online.

freelancermariagrace

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 516

Postby Mamun » 11 Nov 2018, 10:34

I will refer only two sites for selling old stuffs- Amazon and Ebay.

Mamun
Banned

ForumCoin: 179

Postby kat82 » 11 Nov 2018, 14:38

fergus1234 wrote:You can hoard toys for a decade and after 10 years sell them online to collectors and they will become more expensive.

So true, I have seen many old stuff sold at a high price. Didn't know the reason..

jobless dude wrote:You can use OLX or eBay for selling second-hand stuff. List them on blogs and social media pages too.

Thanks for that. Will take note of it and apply it as well.

freelancermariagrace wrote:I used to do buy and sell stuff way back in college. I sold a lot of second-hand clothing, gadgets, bags, etc. It helped me earn some real cash online.

Second hand or used stuff selling is booming biz.

Mamun wrote:I will refer only two sites for selling old stuffs- Amazon and Ebay.

That isinteresting. I wonder why a popular site like Amazon will allow stuff, may be its for value.

kat82

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 1,140

Postby suny » Yesterday, 00:02

You know I lie in India where everything sells. You would be surprised to note that you do not have to go anywhere but waste items buyers come to your place almost everyday who offer you a price for anything that can possibly be recycled right from metals to paper and old furniture to clothes and cars bikes scooters etc. You can demand a price as per your liking for clothes and furniture but metals and papers (newspapers books, old exercise books copies etc) sells on market rate. We have shops in the main markets who buy everything you do not need any more.

suny

Referrals: 61
ForumCoin: 127

Postby neuralnet » Yesterday, 00:09

suny wrote:You know I lie in India where everything sells. You would be surprised to note that you do not have to go anywhere but waste items buyers come to your place almost everyday who offer you a price for anything that can possibly be recycled right from metals to paper and old furniture to clothes and cars bikes scooters etc. You can demand a price as per your liking for clothes and furniture but metals and papers (newspapers books, old exercise books copies etc) sells on market rate. We have shops in the main markets who buy everything you do not need any more.

@suny, as a person with roots from India, I can attest. When you walk in bazaars, it's crazy seeing the amount of people lined up waiting to sell whatever they have. I've had people follow me even when I've told them to screw off politely because they are that desperate to get rid of it. If you even open your wallet, beware of beggars! ;)

I suppose some of those people are in tough circumstances and I sympathize with them, but if I don't need it, I don't need it. It is very smart to sell old things however, and we all could use a little money for our treasures.

neuralnet
MMO Site Owner
MMO Site Owner

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 27

Return to Articles & Tutorials