ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Get paid up to 150 ForumCoin to submit your article.

Why are we still plastic Polluted when there are gazillion technologies to recycle them?

Postby fergus1234 » 06 Nov 2018, 11:25

It upsets me seeing a sea turtle or whaleshark dying because they mistaken a plastic bag to a Jellyfish which caused their deaths. It also upsets me that only a fraction of plastic waste are getting recycled. There are so many technology out there to get rid of plastic waste but most people still kept on throwing them. You know you can collect plastic bottles and sell them on junk shops for extra cash....

There are already tons of technological innovation to make plastic garbage obsolete but for some reason dumpsites, oceans and rivers are still having plastic trash.

One of the best innovation I had seen are the plastic bricks, these are bricks made of plastic bottles, appliances, sachets, plastic bags, toys and all plastic waste you can think of. There are already some companies using this technology and we know construction is an ever growing technology. There are already some inventors around the world who made their own version of this technology. Plastic Bricks are more durable than regular bricks because the combination of plastic, sand and concrete are more fireproof and they decay.

This inventor in Colombia, managed to make plastic bricks that you will just slide like legos so you can finish making a house for just 5 days. You won't even need decaying materials like wood and steel.

There is a company in the Philippines known as green ants,They recycle plastic sachets and plastic bags into interlocking bricks that are also more cheaper and durable than commercial bricks.

Yet people still kept on buying those commercial bricks that Karate black belts can chop with their hands.

So these durable bricks that can reduce plastic pollution already exist yet most people still prefer buying those more expensive bricks a Karate Black Belt can punch to smithereens.

On China there is now a company that turns plastic waste into paving stone tiles.

We know most corrupt politicians prefer using undurable materials when it comes to road infrastructure because less durable the roads is, the more construction programs they can have in future years as they love stealing some funds. These durable plastic materials lasts longer, so that means less construction projects in the future for them.

Taiwan have air pollution problems but something you will notice is the clean streets. Well they recycle plastic bottles into polyester fabric which you can use to make clothes, blankets and other stuff that needs fabric.

There is a charity in Taiwan that doesn't ask for monetary donations. Instead they want volunteers of all ages to collect plastic bags,plastic bottles and other waste for them and they turn them into polyester clothes and blankets which they use as donations for natural calamity victims.

One of the reasons why plastics became a menace to the environment is the fact that it takes 400 years before they decay. Well The scientists in Canada, already invented biodegradable plastic made of corn oil. These plastics will decay and fertilize soils instead of polluting the environment.

To the housewives and house husbands who loves making arts and crafts, There are so many tutorial on how to recycle plastics into art crafts that can be useful. You wont need any machines or engineering, the Youtube tutorials to make them are free.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 269

Re: Why are we still plastic Polluted when there are gazillion technologies to recycle them?

Postby kat82 » 07 Nov 2018, 15:26

In my city, the youth and the under aged ones have been seen on the streets collecting the plastic. Many companies pay for them and these people earn from collecting. Hopeful in a few years, they will be no more on the streets.

kat82

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 1,140

Re: Why are we still plastic Polluted when there are gazillion technologies to recycle them?

Postby fergus1234 » 08 Nov 2018, 17:59

There is a grocery on my town where it has a bring your own container policy. I use reusable paper bags to buy beans and rice. I bring tupperware to buy meat and fish!.

fergus1234

Postby ptrikha21 » 08 Nov 2018, 18:35

Yes there are many ways to take care of plastic. An Indian research institute had found ways to use plastic waste mixed with Bitumen in road construction.
And many more means are available but adoption is quite slow in India.

-- 09 Nov 2018, 00:07 --

fergus1234 wrote:There is a grocery on my town where it has a bring your own container policy. I use reusable paper bags to buy beans and rice. I bring tupperware to buy meat and fish!.

I too take my own jute or carry bags (cloth or thick plastic- approved) many times when going for shopping.
However sometimes I have to get the carry bag from the store itself.

-- 09 Nov 2018, 00:09 --

BioDegradable plastic sounds interesting and promising.

ptrikha21

ForumCoin: 69

Postby fergus1234 » 10 Nov 2018, 14:20

There are so many methods now to get rid of all the plastic trash but we are still stuck with many of them.

fergus1234

Return to Articles & Tutorials