ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Get paid up to 150 ForumCoin to submit your article.

Effective Acne Scar Treatment

Postby kahl39 » 02 May 2018, 06:04

When it comes to acne scars on your face, there are many ways to deal with them. These days, it is a sin not to do anything on any ugly issues on your physicality. With the plethora of means the technology has offered, you can always do something.

First is microdermabrasion. This way is gradual, and the cheapest among I can recommend. Nevertheless, it may require several sessions before you get desirable results. You can do it over and over until you are satisfied, with an interval of fifteen days. Almost every facial clinic especially in Metro Manila if not all offers this service. As for my case, I had done it fifteen times already, and I am still willing to have more as it is one of the best techniques to collagenize your skin cells.

Second is dermabrasion. It is a little scary since it is considered a surgical operation. This delineates there is a real deal of bleeding in the process. If you do this, you may need to file a leave of absence from work for a week since the operated part will have a conspicuous redness. Your skin will fully recover for a minimum of six months just like any other surgical operations. Depending on the case of your acne scars, you may need at least two sessions for this. And this costs more compared to microdermabrasion.

I had the first-hand experience with both of the foregoing suggestions, and I can recommend them. Perhaps, there are still a few more I can suggest out of the recommendations I get from my dermatologist.
Third is laser re-surfacing. Just like the first two suggestions, this needs a skill. You need to do a little more research on which clinic offers the service with a doctor who is renowned to have a great skill in rendering this particular service. In Metro Manila, there are many reputable doctors in this field. This costs a bit similar to dermabrasion, and according to my dermatologist, this can be more beneficial.

Fourth is derma roller. An acquaintance of mine told me about this, and she had been doing it for quite some time. I could tell some good results on her face. You can purchase this yourself, and you only need to get acquainted with how it is properly used for maximum effect on your face. Then again it entails the right skill to get desirable results. These depend on you.

Fifth is the chemical reconstruction of skin scars (CROSS), which is a technique utilizing high concentrations of trichloroacetic acid (TCA) focally on atrophic acne scars to instigate inflammation that ensues collagenization (Bhardwaj & Khunger, 2010). According to Bhardwaj and Khunger (2010), this can cause a reduction in the appearance of scars and cosmetic enhancement. Their study states that “the CROSS technique with 100% TCA is a safe, efficacious, cost-effective and minimally invasive technique for the management of ice pick acne scars that are otherwise generally difficult to treat”. They also say that in some patients the improvement may not be sustained perhaps because of inadequate or delayed collagenization. That is right. Collagenization is what we need to rejuvenate the damaged tissues on our skin. It is the formation of collagen, which helps give our skin strength and elasticity, along with replacing dead skin cells.

All of the abovementioned should give the most desired collagenization, or your effort becomes worthless. There are more methods other than the ones I have mentioned suggested by many, but these are the ones I believe the most fruitful procedures to treat dreaded acne scars.

Reference

Bhardwaj, D., & Khuger, N. (2010). An assessment of the efficacy and safety of CROSS Technique with 100% TCA in the management of ice pick acne scars. Retrieved from https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2956965/

kahl39

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 9

Re: Effective Acne Scar Treatment

Postby fergus1234 » 11 May 2018, 05:33

I thought it would be something I can DIY at home not going to a dermatologist.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 174

Postby suny » 11 May 2018, 07:51

I suggest use dermaroller size 0.25 mm to 0.05 mm (more than that is for professional use only) as prescribed. It's safe and sure way of getting rid of acne scars as well aging signs. It may help regrow your hair too. Go for good quality Dermaroller available on all online shopping sites and take all the precaution mentioned by experts.

suny

Referrals: 60
ForumCoin: 392

Postby kahl39 » 16 May 2018, 12:27

suny wrote:I suggest use dermaroller size 0.25 mm to 0.05 mm (more than that is for professional use only) as prescribed. It's safe and sure way of getting rid of acne scars as well aging signs. It may help regrow your hair too. Go for good quality Dermaroller available on all online shopping sites and take all the precaution mentioned by experts.

I just bought online as what you have suggested.

-- 16 May 2018, 12:29 --

fergus1234 wrote:I thought it would be something I can DIY at home not going to a dermatologist.

I suggest that one should not go to the dermatologist as much as possible.

kahl39

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 9

Postby BernadineGarcia » 16 May 2018, 15:26

i suggest you apply aloe vera to your face. thats what i did, it did helped me

BernadineGarcia

ForumCoin: 127

Postby Allius » 18 May 2018, 15:41

BernadineGarcia wrote:i suggest you apply aloe vera to your face. thats what i did, it did helped me

This is a good tip for those who cannot afford that kind of treatments :)

I never had acne or acne scars, but I know many people that has this problem. Self Esteem can be really affected by this scars and they also affect our appearance :(
I liked to read about this treatments that I really didn't know that existed. Thank you for sharing!

Allius
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 194

Return to Articles & Tutorials