ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Get paid up to 150 ForumCoin to submit your article.

Social Media Management : Instagram : A Beginning and Future Plans

Postby cmoneyspinner » 12 Jan 2018, 20:28

For months (maybe even years), I heard about people using Instagram and how great it was. Isn't every social media tool awesome? Part of you wishes you could ignore all the talk or hype. But the other part of you nags at you and keeps asking 'Suppose you're missing out on something valuable? It could be a really good tool!'

That question begs an answer if you are person who has chosen to try to work from home and earn income from your online work.

One thing I have come to realize about online work (mainly blogging, writing and affiliate marketing) is that you need an SMM tool kit; a social media marketing tool kit.

* Of course, what's the point of having these marvelous tools, if you don't know how to use them?

A friend sent me an Invite and I created my IG account, November 2017.

Finally!! My Instagram account is set up. What next??

Not totally clueless about how to use it.
Just not quite sure which direction to take in order to move forward with it.

Before writing this article I did the usual research to see what advice has already been provided by FC members. Lots of good information and guidance has been presented. The posts date back to 2015 and the most recent articles are dated 2017. Here are the posts with my additional comments or questions.

instagram icon-1562136_960_720.jpg
instagram icon-1562136_960_720.jpg (42.17 KiB) Viewed 55 times

Per @skysnap:

Guide to Advertising with Instagram Ads

4 Instagram Tools for Social Media Marketing

Quote from the first article:
“Instagram these days is turning out to be a good influencer platform.”

Quote from the second article:
“Instagram marketing is rising every single day.”

Both statements predict the path the Instagram platform is taking and active users are establishing their presence because they have bought into this gameplan. Even though both articles by @skysnap are too advanced for me at present, I am marking them for future reference. I know that as my understanding about how this tool can be used more efficiently and effectively increases, both of these posts will be excellent reference material that will help me develop and implement a successful marketing strategy for my online work projects.

Per @kaka135:

Sharing: A complete guide to Instagram ads

The link provided in this post leads to additional information that complements the articles above. I am experimenting with affiliate marketing advertising on Instagram. But according to the Instagram owners, in their “Help” Section, they have plans for making advertising on the platform easier. For this reason, my current efforts pertaining to using ads has been very limited. I'm waiting to see what they come up with it!

Have you used Instagram to promote your work or site?

That is my intention. I hope Instagram can be used to drive customers and subscribers to my affiliate marketing websites and my monetized blogs and articles. But my current efforts are aimed at gaining followers. My account is about 3 months old and I have approximately 200 followers. Not exactly rock star status. Workin' on it! :)

Per @SHOHANA:

How to use instagram for business promotions

The statements above provide a response to this question.

Per @lightning18:

Sponsored instagram posts

Sponsored content is not uncommon for many social media platforms. Site owners want to allow users to create free accounts but there has to be a way for them to keep the platform up and running. It's their revenue stream and a method to finance their operations. If they don't use sponsored content, the alternative is you, the user, being charged a fee to create an account.

Per @nik:

Any tool for using Instagram from Desktop?

Yes there is. It's called “Desktop for Instagram”. It's a free Google Chrome extension. Works great!!

CONCLUSION:

“This statistic gives information on the number of monthly active Instagram users as of September 2017. As of that month, the mainly mobile photo sharing network had reached 800 million monthly active users, up from 600 million in December 2016. The app is one of the most popular social networks worldwide.”

Quote Source: Instagram: active users 2017 ~ Statista.com

I don't have a mobile device. But I followed the advice of the experts and did my best to make my websites and blogs mobile-friendly because it seems everybody else in the world accesses the Internet by way of a mobile device.

Instagram is extremely popular among mobile users. My hope is that my Instagram account will give me a means of sharing my home biz work with this massive audience, with the ultimate goal of increasing earnings from my online work.

P.S.
I understand the appeal of Instagram. It's easy and fun to use and the visual display of the images is very pretty! :)

Screenshot of my IG account.
Treathyl Fox   treathylfoxcmoneyspinner  • Instagram photos and videos.png
Treathyl Fox treathylfoxcmoneyspinner • Instagram photos and videos.png (522.46 KiB) Viewed 55 times

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 269

Return to Articles & Tutorials