ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Get paid up to 150 ForumCoin to submit your article.

How To Promote Design Business

Postby skysnap » 11 Aug 2017, 07:24

Freelancing is not easy. You have to promote your desing business to every possible buyer out there. And this way you can build portfolio. So you have to start from somewhere and then build on that. However often this may not well for many of us. Some of the time you have to do the self promotion and that's how more people will come to you. Here are some of the ideas for promoting your design business.

Instagram

This is definitely one popular place to showcase your skills. Though it does not have many buyers. But it can be used for the porfolio showcase. Many freelancers use the instagram to wordpress plugin. And they show client work through such plugins. As those plugins display the images on the website. That's what I have found out in that case. I think you should check out that option as well.

Facebook Pages

You can see that most of the worlds population has the facebook account. And you can open the pages on facebook and showcase your skills. This way you can easily get your skills shown across. You may have to understand that pages are not that good on many fronts. But they can serve as a way for you to showcase your skills. This is why they can be used even for showing small design or client work.

Behance

This is another site where you can showcase your skills. But here the people are competiting with their art and graphics. So you have to work really hard. Because this site is among the big league. And you'd have hard time if your skills are mediocre. And that is where you guys need to improve. I have learned that in some of those cases it'd be reasonable to see how the behance can make lot of progress.

Twitter

This is another place to showcase your skills. You can see that some of the time you can showcase the content and porfolio. And this way you can attract more people. Find out which people are looking for freelancers online. And then you can come up with an option to hire them. This is something you'd be able to get more leads especially if you are into logo design projects. That works better as well.

These are some of the options that you have for promoting your design business online. You can get lead based on your design concepts and the portfolio. You can get some good clients on this basis. I have found mostly the coding clients this way. You may want to try this for the design business.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 1,324

Re: How To Promote Design Business

Postby ladyninja » 12 Aug 2017, 09:38

I love Instagram :) I use it for everything and anything. It is the most visual platform on this list and in my opinion, the most effective. I get a lot of ideas just browsing through Instagram.

ladyninja

ForumCoin: 294

Postby castbound » 12 Aug 2017, 22:45

I love Behance :D There is always quality art in there . Many artists tend to be on Behance and that's a really good idea because its a good website to promote your art or just have a portfolio on :D

castbound

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 4

Postby ahmedo24 » 13 Aug 2017, 08:51

What if you have demos for your work so that show case them in popular forums at least to build portfolio.

ahmedo24

Referrals: 23
ForumCoin: 1,823

Postby skysnap » 13 Aug 2017, 09:35

ahmedo24 wrote:What if you have demos for your work so that show case them in popular forums at least to build portfolio.

That's also possible. There are plenty of things you can do. All it takes is clients to notice you. That's all.

skysnap

Postby Jybraek » 13 Aug 2017, 10:29

I have never tried behance but I guess I will give it a try soon. I am not into designing but I am looking for a good design for a future venture of mine. Thanks for a wonderful article there mate :) Quite informative :)

Jybraek

ForumCoin: 1,100

Postby raaman » 13 Aug 2017, 10:39

skysnap wrote:Freelancing is not easy.

Why only freelancing? In today's world nothing is easy. One has to put in some efforts to achieve some results.

raaman

ForumCoin: 610

Postby skysnap » 20 Aug 2017, 08:10

raaman wrote:
skysnap wrote:Freelancing is not easy.

Why only freelancing? In today's world nothing is easy. One has to put in some efforts to achieve some results.

Only freelancing is in this articles context. I am not writing about entire world right now.

skysnap

Postby ceci » 22 Aug 2017, 03:01

Thanks for the tips. I only contact the clients via emails and registered myself at those online cafe.

ceci

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 1,047

Postby augusta » 15 Sep 2017, 17:54

I think the best place to advertise anything and everything is the social media,that is where to get millions of people. So for a design ads Facebook instagram, twitter even Google plus is the best bet.

augusta

ForumCoin: 480

Postby ahmedo24 » 15 Sep 2017, 18:55

Fiver is also another big platform to promote

ahmedo24

Referrals: 23
ForumCoin: 1,823

Return to Articles & Tutorials