ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
Ask Me Anything and Interviews. Start your AMA here.

Interview with suny

Postby suny » 01 Aug 2019, 18:51

Q: What name do you prefer to use?

A: suny (My mother used to call me with this name as it is close to my real first name)

Q: How old are you?

A: I am old enough to qualify as a veteran.

Q: Your birthdate? (Month and Day)

A: February- 22

Q: Are you male, female, or other?

A: Male

Q: Married or single? (How long? Anniversary date?)

A: Married and I have no regrets that I did not marry any of my two girlfriends!

Q: Do you have children? (how many? Boys? Girls? Adopted?, etc)

A: One- Daughter

Q: Are you a student or adult beyond school?

A: I think one never cease to be a student!

Q: Who was your favorite school teacher, and why?

A: Mr. Vajpayee, my math teacher in high school, my chemistry teacher Mr. O. Shrivastawa in Intermediate. I don't remember I liked any one well enough to call them my favorites during my engineering college. Yes, the professor that taught us about seminars in business school was my favorite during my business school until I met the real seminar manager during my first job as sales engineer.

Q: What is your favorite memory from childhood. Describe.

A: We used to go to our mother's house during summer holidays and plucked mangoes from a relative's garden. The guard knew us but he shouted every time we plucked mangoes and we would jump into the nearby canal. That was lot of fun.

Q: Do you have any earned college or university degrees? [and if so, describe]

A: I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering. a Post Graduate Diploma in Business management.

Q: Do you own, or rent a home?

A: I own houses in NCR India and Sydney and rent one in Canberra.

Q: Do you work an offline full time job? [and if so, describe]

I work both offline for living and online for my personal satisfaction.

Q: Where do you live? [just what country]

A: I live in India because I am an Indian and I have my home in India, my career is in an Indian company but I live in Australia for 7-8 months every year for last 6 years as resident representative of my company.

Q: Do you practice any religion? [and if so, describe]

A: I am a Punjabi Hindu by birth but being an Aryasamaji I do not trust in idol worshiping so no idolatry.

Q: Do you have a sense of humor? [and if so, describe. Tell your favorite joke]

A: I have a sense of humor which sometimes put me in trouble. I hate bad jokes and poor sense of humor or so-called humor consisting of double meaning sentences/words.

One of my favorite jokes: There were two women in that room and they did not speak to each other for all of 30 minutes (with due apology to ladies).

Q: Do you have any hobbies? [and if so, describe]

A: Yes, I love different sports including cricket and badminton. I have played badminton up to All India University level.
Q: Are you the boss, or an employee?

A: I am a humble worker

Q: Do you have special skills or training? [and if so, describe]
A: I have expertise in metallurgy and welding technology. I am a qualified auditor A&Z- ISO certification.

Q: Are you looking for work? [If yes, What kind of work are you seeking?]
A: No, I am satisfied with my present job!

Q: Do you support your family? [and if so, describe]

A: I do and my wife supports me too.

Q: Do you have a pet? (Name and how you chose it. Pics, etc)

A: No, none in present

Q: Do you prefer a particular genre of music? [and if so, describe, give some examples]

A:Yes, I prefer country and old filmy music

Q: Do you have any favorite food? [and if so, describe]

A: I love eating traditional food. I am vegetarian for last 15 years by choice

Q: Are you in good health, or do you have a disability? [and if so, describe]

A: I am in perfect health and go for running, jogging, and biking regularly. I go for swimming as and when possible indoor as well outdoors.

Q: What kind of vehicle do you own and use?

A: I have a Hyundai i10 in India and a Mazda3 in Australia.

Q: Do you use your vehicle just for work or errands, or do you like to travel?

A: I use my cars for every possible purpose.

Q: Do you like to fly, go by train, boat, etc, or do you prefer to drive your own vehicle?

A: Being a marketing professional I travel by all possible ways of transportation and I don't feel afraid of traveling by any of them.

Q: Do you socialize in person, strictly online or a mixture?

A: I don’t have a long list of offline friends but my socializing is limited to my business conversation or with my coworkers. I am no good at social media butt I use it for my online promotion with considerably good following.

Q: Do you consider your online activity more as entertainment or more as work?

A: My online activity is either work related or on different forum and writing sites. I do survey sites because they think that I am one of the best respondents. Maybe, my corporate experience helps me there.

Q: Do you rely on your online revenue, or is it just extra play money?

A: I Must admit that I earn online and it’s lot of fun but it makes no difference if I earn online or not. Probably my online earning gives me a satisfaction of achievement, nothing less, nothing more.

Q: Do you keep up with current fashions, or prefer to wear your old comfortable garments?

A: I can go out in all kind of clothes if it's not for business purpose. But I have decent enough clothes to attend parties and functions.

Q: What is your greatest accomplishment in life?

A: The day my only child, my daughter started her career as a software engineer with Wipro after completing her masters in software engineering and management from BITS Pilani, one of the most reputed institutes of its kind. She is among the highest paid software engineers in the world today with a very reputed organization. When she says, "I owe my success to my papa".

I think there is no greater accomplishment than that for me. Although, I consider my wife's role in her success is more important than mine because she quit her job and managed the household and our daughter because being a marketing professional I was outstation for 10+ days/month,managing my job responsibilities during her growing up period.

Q: Do you have any personal philosophy in life you want to share?
A: I think the entire world is my home so I want to live in harmony with each and everyone and learn about various cultures so to understand about humanity in a better way.

Last edited by suny on 25 Aug 2019, 07:08, edited 1 time in total.
suny

Referrals: 64
ForumCoin: 717

Re: Interview with suny

Postby ptrikha21 » 03 Aug 2019, 18:52

A nice effort. The best part is the frankness that you have shown in sharing things.
Our kids' success means much more to us than our own success.

ptrikha21

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 256

Postby sofs » 05 Aug 2019, 12:24

Hmm.. good to know you from a different angle.

sofs

ForumCoin: 3,120

Postby Love_to_sleep » 10 Aug 2019, 10:26

suny wrote:Q: What name do you prefer to use?

A: suny (My mother used to call me with this name as it is close to my real first name)

A: Married and I have no regrets that I did not marry any of my two girlfriends!

A: Mr. Vajpayee, my math teacher in high school, my chemistry teacher Mr. O. Shrivastawa in Intermediate. I don't remember I liked any one well enough to call them my favorites during my engineering college. Yes, the professor that taught us about seminars in business school was my favorite during my business school until I met the real seminar manager during my first job as sales engineer.

A: We used to go to our mother's house during summer holidays and plucked mangoes from a relative's garden. The guard knew us but he shouted every time we plucked mangoes and we would jump into the nearby canal. That was lot of fun.

A: I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering. a Post Graduate Diploma in Business management.

A: I live in India because I am an Indian and I have my home in India, my career is in an Indian company but I live in Australia for 7-8 months every year for last 6 years as resident representative of my company.

A: I am a Punjabi Hindu by birth but being an Aryasamaji I do not trust in idol worshiping so no idolatry.

A: I have a sense of humor which sometimes put me in trouble. I hate bad jokes and poor sense of humor or so-called humor consisting of double meaning sentences/words.

One of my favorite jokes: There were two women in that room and they did not speak to each other for all of 30 minutes (with due apology to ladies).

A: Yes, I love different sports including cricket and badminton. I have played badminton up to All India University level.

A: I have expertise in metallurgy and welding technology. I am a qualified auditor A&Z- ISO certification.

Q: Do you prefer a particular genre of music? [and if so, describe, give some examples]

A: I am in perfect health and go for running, jogging, and biking regularly. I go for swimming as and when possible indoor as well outdoors.

Q: Do you like to fly, go by train, boat, etc, or do you prefer to drive your own vehicle?

A: Being a marketing professional I travel by all possible ways of transportation and I don't feel afraid of traveling by any of them.

A: I don’t have a long list of offline friends but my socializing is limited to my business conversation or with my coworkers. I am no good at social media butt I use it for my online promotion with considerably good following.

A: My online activity is either work related or on different forum and writing sites. I do survey sites because they think that I am one of the best respondents. Maybe, my corporate experience helps me there.

A: I Must admit that I earn online and it’s lot of fun but it makes no difference if I earn online or not. Probably my online earning gives me a satisfaction of achievement, nothing less, nothing more.

Q: Do you keep up with current fashions, or prefer to wear your old comfortable garments?

A: I can go out in all kind of clothes if it's not for business purpose. But I have decent enough clothes to attend parties and functions.

A: The day my only child, my daughter started her career as a software engineer with Wipro after completing her masters in software engineering and management from BITS Pilani, one of the most reputed institutes of its kind. She is among the highest paid software engineers in the world today with a very reputed organization. When she says, "I owe my success to my papa".

I think there is no greater accomplishment than that for me. Although, I consider my wife's role in her success is more important than mine because she quit her job and managed the household and our daughter because being a marketing professional I was outstation for 10+ days/month,managing my job responsibilities during her growing up period.

Worth reading post specially the answer to the last question

So, you appear to be well settled person. Do you also plan to start your own business in near future?

Love_to_sleep

ForumCoin: 117

Postby suny » 10 Aug 2019, 10:43

@Love_to_sleep - No, I have no plans to start any business but I will enjoy my life going to places and learn about different cultures.

Thanks every one else for your great comments!

suny

Postby anil02 » 01 Sep 2019, 12:20

suny wrote:Q: What name do you prefer to use?

Q: Do you have any personal philosophy in life you want to share?
A: I think the entire world is my home so I want to live in harmony with each and everyone and learn about various cultures so to understand about humanity in a better way.

I am happy to know more about you. I am happy that you are Punjabi and your daughter is studying in my state Rajasthan. By birth I am Rajasthani, but I am half Punjabi.

anil02

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 1,014

Postby suny » 01 Sep 2019, 13:37

Thank you @anil02 my daughter completed her studies a few years before and now she is in job and married.

suny

Postby SUPERSINGH » 01 Sep 2019, 15:40

Wow I was not aware of many things about you. Thanks for sharing this. I'll certainly try to make one such AMA sometime later.

SUPERSINGH

Referrals: 124
ForumCoin: 1,802

Postby kaka135 » 02 Sep 2019, 03:53

It's really nice to read this interview and know more about you. You are really a proud dad, not only because your daughter is great, but also she appreciates and respects you and perhaps your wife too. I think that's most honorable for a parent. I will be really happy if my kids still love me when they are adults. :D

kaka135

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 183

Postby suny » 02 Sep 2019, 05:08

SUPERSINGH wrote:Wow I was not aware of many things about you. Thanks for sharing this. I'll certainly try to make one such AMA sometime later.

My life is like an open book for everyone to read. I would gladly answer if you have more questions about me.

suny

Postby katkat » 02 Sep 2019, 07:07

Congratulations on your achievements. But what really moved me is when despite all those you have achieved still for you, your greatest achievement is that of your daughter. You are right with that and I feel the same way too with my sons. More success to you and God bless you and family.

katkat

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 396

Postby sprite1950 » 02 Sep 2019, 07:19

Wow that's quite an insight into your life. I don't think I knew you had such a successful daughter. It's good when our children do well in life. All we ever want is for them to be happy.

sprite1950

Referrals: 7
ForumCoin: 628

Postby suny » 02 Sep 2019, 08:40

kaka135 wrote:It's really nice to read this interview and know more about you. You are really a proud dad, not only because your daughter is great, but also she appreciates and respects you and perhaps your wife too. I think that's most honorable for a parent. I will be really happy if my kids still love me when they are adults. :D

Thank you so much, I wish your children all the success in life and you get all the credit for that since you have managed and educated them by home schooling at the cost of your own job.
katkat wrote:Congratulations on your achievements. But what really moved me is when despite all those you have achieved still for you, your greatest achievement is that of your daughter. You are right with that and I feel the same way too with my sons. More success to you and God bless you and family.

Thank you so much
sprite1950 wrote:Wow that's quite an insight into your life. I don't think I knew you had such a successful daughter. It's good when our children do well in life. All we ever want is for them to be happy.

No one ever asked! But now I had the opportunity so I took the full advantage! Thanks a lot.

suny

Postby anil02 » 02 Sep 2019, 11:39

suny wrote:Thank you @anil02 my daughter completed her studies a few years before and now she is in job and married.

You didn't mention it in interviews. I am happy that some time you had connection with my state. My native place in near by Pilani.

anil02

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 1,014

Postby suny » 02 Sep 2019, 12:57

anil02 wrote:
suny wrote:Thank you @anil02 my daughter completed her studies a few years before and now she is in job and married.

You didn't mention it in interviews. I am happy that some time you had connection with my state. My native place in near by Pilani.

I have traveled by car from Pilani to Sriganganagar twice. I think the distance in between the two cities is about 275 km or so. By the way I have mentioned in my interview that my daughter is one of the highest paid software engineers in the world.

suny

Next

Return to AMAs & Interviews