*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Ask Me Anything and Interviews. Start your AMA here.

I'm a part time English teacher AMA

Postby bujingkujing » 18 Sep 2018, 11:14

I have a bachelor's degree in Secondary Education major in English and currently resting after finishing my academic term in Applied Linguistics (will probably do my thesis next year). I really liked the English language not because I am good at it (I'm okay :D ) nor did i think my national language is inferior to it (NOPE!). I took English because I know a lot of literature is translated into English and I love reading.
I am doing only part time teaching because I want to give more time to my master's degree. Also, I love the feeling of being able to teach someone and see the twinkle in their eyes when they learn something. Also, teaching helps me remember things that I learned and even helped me understand grammar better.

bujingkujing

ForumCoin: 218

Banner Ad

Re: I'm a part time English teacher AMA

Postby Netherrealmer » 22 Sep 2018, 06:17

Have you tried teaching English online? It is a decent paying job you can do with your own schedule.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 2,558

Postby Jaydon.thomas » 25 Oct 2018, 19:47

That's nice, English is also my best subject when I was in school, I never failed English even tho I didn't read. but the only part I hate in English us the nasal sound, it's very confusing

Jaydon.thomas

ForumCoin: 50

Postby arunima » 12 Nov 2018, 07:36

It is good to have a sound knowledge of English. It opens so many avenues for us as it is an International language and is accepted globally. And I totally agree with you on the point of reading so much in English literature.

arunima

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 617

Postby nakitakona » 06 Dec 2018, 12:40

English teacher? This sounds a good resource to ask about the second language but it seems it is neglected here. The creator of this thread is no longer active, I presume only. What's up?

nakitakona

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 236

Postby Fergal » 13 Dec 2018, 07:32

Thanks for posting your AMA bujingkujing. Who are your favorite authors of classic literature?

Best Year Ever :D

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 11,998

Postby ptrikha21 » 13 Dec 2018, 10:03

bujingkujing wrote:I have a bachelor's degree in Secondary Education major in English and currently resting after finishing my academic term in Applied Linguistics (will probably do my thesis next year). I really liked the English language not because I am good at it (I'm okay :D ) nor did i think my national language is inferior to it (NOPE!). I took English because I know a lot of literature is translated into English and I love reading. .....................

So would you try to teach in a College or University or in a school once all your courses get completed?

ptrikha21

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 897

Postby arunima » 13 Dec 2018, 10:06

English was my favorite subject in school and I was in love with my English teacher.
So what are your plans after you complete your studies.??

arunima

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 617

Postby KyushuKris » 14 Jan 2019, 12:43

Me too, doing it Japan for the past 13 years. Kind of getting sick of it these days, to be honest.

KyushuKris

ForumCoin: 484

Postby Abigael » 09 May 2019, 06:28

bujingkujing wrote:I have a bachelor's degree in Secondary Education major in English and currently resting after finishing my academic term in Applied Linguistics (will probably do my thesis next year). I really liked the English language not because I am good at it (I'm okay :D ) nor did i think my national language is inferior to it (NOPE!). I took English because I know a lot of literature is translated into English and I love reading.
I am doing only part time teaching because I want to give more time to my master's degree. Also, I love the feeling of being able to teach someone and see the twinkle in their eyes when they learn something. Also, teaching helps me remember things that I learned and even helped me understand grammar better.

So great to have an English teacher here. English was my best subject, I will ask a question when I have one.

Abigael

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 11

Postby iamdahmmy » 28 Jun 2019, 16:35

How can I speak English effortlessly?

iamdahmmy

ForumCoin: 401

Postby Angie10 » 28 Jun 2019, 16:41

Wow, congratulations and well done! I too have a degree in English Lingustics. Good for you wanting to go ahead and get your Masters, I'm sure you'll ace it - all the best :)

UPDATE: I just realised this is a very old post!

Angie10

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 4,440

Your Ad Here.

Return to AMAs