New: Contest May 1 to May 31 – Prize 500 FC Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
Ask Me Anything and Interviews. Start your AMA here.

Re: I'm a stress reduction expert - ask me anything

Postby ptrikha21 » 23 Dec 2018, 04:49

darrensurrey wrote:
fergus1234 wrote:How do you deal with a string of bad luck?


Thanks for the question. In mindfulness meditation, it's about being in the present moment on purpose and without judgement. So you practice just focusing on the present moment and accepting what is going on in your life. Practice is the keyword here.

Very well said- even I had this question.
  • 1

User avatar
ptrikha21
 
Posts: 1,087
Location: India
Reputation: 313
ForumCoin: 200

Re: I'm a stress reduction expert - ask me anything

Postby augusta » 25 Dec 2018, 05:46

How do you deal with a break up or separation that was so messy
  • 1

User avatar
augusta
 
Posts: 6,468
Reputation: 319
ForumCoin: 238

Re: I'm a stress reduction expert - ask me anything

Postby jobless dude » 25 Dec 2018, 07:08

Give me a simple stress reduction task.
  • 1

User avatar
jobless dude
 
Posts: 1,472
Location: India
Reputation: 102
ForumCoin: 85

Re: I'm a stress reduction expert - ask me anything

Postby darrensurrey » 25 Dec 2018, 10:16

augusta wrote:How do you deal with a break up or separation that was so messy


Sorry to hear about your breakup.

Normally, when you have a messy breakup, you will have a lot of thoughts swirling around in your head, what the other party said, how they felt about what you said, what you could have said etc. It all just brings back the emotions that don't help with healing your heart. The simplest way to calm yourself down is to focus on the breath, bringing your thoughts back to the breath every time they wander off. For other exercises that may help, please sign up to my free course here: http://www.wimble.com/free

-- 25 Dec 2018, 10:16 --

jobless dude wrote:Give me a simple stress reduction task.


Focus on the breath, coming back to the breath every time your thoughts wander.

For more, sign up to my free course here: http://www.wimble.com/free
  • 1

User avatar
darrensurrey
 
Posts: 2,252
Reputation: 206
ForumCoin: 34

Re: I'm a stress reduction expert - ask me anything

Postby Fergal » 05 Jan 2019, 08:38

darrensurrey I have been going through your free mediation course and am really enjoying it. I have found the Part 3, Energy Mediation particularly beneficial and it is something that I really needed right now. Hence, I have listened to it for a few days, without moving on the Part 4.

Have you ever considered setting up a meditation playlist on Spotify? I would definitely subscribe and listen to your guided meditations there, instead of always playing the YouTube videos.

Also, what about selling your "28 Day Mindfulness Plan" in exchange for ForumCoin in our ForumCoin Exchanges section? It wouldn't cost you anything and I am pretty certain that you would get at least one sale :)
  • 3

User avatar
Fergal
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7,694
Location: Ireland
Reputation: 1581
ForumCoin: 11,916

Re: I'm a stress reduction expert - ask me anything

Postby darrensurrey » 06 Jan 2019, 00:32

Fergal wrote:darrensurrey I have been going through your free mediation course and am really enjoying it. I have found the Part 3, Energy Mediation particularly beneficial and it is something that I really needed right now. Hence, I have listened to it for a few days, without moving on the Part 4.

Have you ever considered setting up a meditation playlist on Spotify? I would definitely subscribe and listen to your guided meditations there, instead of always playing the YouTube videos.

Also, what about selling your "28 Day Mindfulness Plan" in exchange for ForumCoin in our ForumCoin Exchanges section? It wouldn't cost you anything and I am pretty certain that you would get at least one sale :)


Thanks for your positive comments.

Not sure how the Spotify thing works.

Tell me more about using FC for promoting my plan?
  • 1

User avatar
darrensurrey
 
Posts: 2,252
Reputation: 206
ForumCoin: 34

Re: I'm a stress reduction expert - ask me anything

Postby Fergal » 07 Jan 2019, 07:03

All you would need to do is post a topic with your ad in our ForumCoin Exchanges section. You could offer the plan in exchange for ForumCoin and members could pay you with ForumCoin which you can then convert to PayPal cash, etc.

Does that answer your question or would you still like further info?
  • 1

User avatar
Fergal
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7,694
Location: Ireland
Reputation: 1581
ForumCoin: 11,916

Re: I'm a stress reduction expert - ask me anything

Postby darrensurrey » 07 Jan 2019, 09:42

Fergal wrote:All you would need to do is post a topic with your ad in our ForumCoin Exchanges section. You could offer the plan in exchange for ForumCoin and members could pay you with ForumCoin which you can then convert to PayPal cash, etc.

Does that answer your question or would you still like further info?


Thanks. Will get it sorted. Finalising the plan at the mo. :)
  • 0

User avatar
darrensurrey
 
Posts: 2,252
Reputation: 206
ForumCoin: 34

Re: I'm a stress reduction expert - ask me anything

Postby KyushuKris » 25 Mar 2019, 02:51

Kind of an aside I know, but I'm wondering why a stress-reduction expert would be a member of this forum..? Are you planning to use your FC to attract customers to your personal sites or something of that ilk?
  • 0

User avatar
KyushuKris
 
Posts: 657
Reputation: 51
ForumCoin: 408

Re: I'm a stress reduction expert - ask me anything

Postby Fergal » 25 Mar 2019, 06:57

For some people the most stressful part of the day is the early morning, as they rush to get children out to school or creche and beat the traffic to get into work on time. Do you have any suggestions on how to deal with that?
  • 0

User avatar
Fergal
Site Admin
 
Posts: 7,694
Location: Ireland
Reputation: 1581
ForumCoin: 11,916

Re: I'm a stress reduction expert - ask me anything

Postby darrensurrey » 26 Mar 2019, 09:35

KyushuKris wrote:Kind of an aside I know, but I'm wondering why a stress-reduction expert would be a member of this forum..? Are you planning to use your FC to attract customers to your personal sites or something of that ilk?


Not particularly - I just like using online forums when I have a chance! :)

-- 26 Mar 2019, 09:37 --

Fergal wrote:For some people the most stressful part of the day is the early morning, as they rush to get children out to school or creche and beat the traffic to get into work on time. Do you have any suggestions on how to deal with that?


That's more a time management thing so it's about getting up earlier so you can fit everything in. If necessary, go to bed earlier.
  • 1

User avatar
darrensurrey
 
Posts: 2,252
Reputation: 206
ForumCoin: 34

Re: I'm a stress reduction expert - ask me anything

Postby Angie10 » 26 Mar 2019, 09:46

@DarrenSurrey... wow, well done on all your work! I was wondering if you had any suggestion for people whose mind simply refuses to shut down at the end of a busy/stressful day. The body is exhausted but the mind is buzzing and simply won't stop racing. I don't know if I'd be right to think while it's not stress in the true sense of the word, it could very well be some underlying situation that the person has on their subconscience?
  • 1

User avatar
Angie10
 
Posts: 8,647
Location: Gaborone, Botswana
Referrals: 4
Reputation: 1883
ForumCoin: 928

Re: I'm a stress reduction expert - ask me anything

Postby darrensurrey » 27 Mar 2019, 09:31

Angie10 wrote:@DarrenSurrey... wow, well done on all your work! I was wondering if you had any suggestion for people whose mind simply refuses to shut down at the end of a busy/stressful day. The body is exhausted but the mind is buzzing and simply won't stop racing. I don't know if I'd be right to think while it's not stress in the true sense of the word, it could very well be some underlying situation that the person has on their subconscience?


Hi Angie10,

This is very common. Basic mindfulness meditation can help here but it has to be done regularly. Have a look at the video here: www.wimble.com/free (you don't have to sign up).

If you regularly practice coming back to the breath, you will feel more in control of your thoughts and able to choose what you want to think about. I had a similar experience last night as I was doing work late into the night, but when I went to bed, I could identify that I was still having work thoughts and then chose to focus on the breath. I fell asleep very soon after that.

Try the basic breathing exercise for the next 14 days and see how you feel - do reply in this thread to let me know. :)

Darren

PS As you can deduce from my website, I am not really interested in getting hits from a public forum as it is largely meaningless for my business. I doubt there are any London-based HR directors on here. (Someone did ask a while ago whether I was just trying to increase traffic.)
  • 2

User avatar
darrensurrey
 
Posts: 2,252
Reputation: 206
ForumCoin: 34

Re: I'm a stress reduction expert - ask me anything

Postby Angie10 » 27 Mar 2019, 10:59

darrensurrey wrote:
Angie10 wrote:@DarrenSurrey... wow, well done on all your work! I was wondering if you had any suggestion for people whose mind simply refuses to shut down at the end of a busy/stressful day. The body is exhausted but the mind is buzzing and simply won't stop racing. I don't know if I'd be right to think while it's not stress in the true sense of the word, it could very well be some underlying situation that the person has on their subconscience?


Hi Angie10,

This is very common. Basic mindfulness meditation can help here but it has to be done regularly. Have a look at the video here: www.wimble.com/free (you don't have to sign up).

If you regularly practice coming back to the breath, you will feel more in control of your thoughts and able to choose what you want to think about. I had a similar experience last night as I was doing work late into the night, but when I went to bed, I could identify that I was still having work thoughts and then chose to focus on the breath. I fell asleep very soon after that.

Try the basic breathing exercise for the next 14 days and see how you feel - do reply in this thread to let me know. :)

Darren

PS As you can deduce from my website, I am not really interested in getting hits from a public forum as it is largely meaningless for my business. I doubt there are any London-based HR directors on here. (Someone did ask a while ago whether I was just trying to increase traffic.)


Thanks so much for your response :) I've heard this before but have never tried it properly. I watched the video and your voice and the music on their own are so soothing and relaxing, I could've easily nodded off LOL :lol: I'll definitely be trying the breathing exercises.
  • 1

User avatar
Angie10
 
Posts: 8,647
Location: Gaborone, Botswana
Referrals: 4
Reputation: 1883
ForumCoin: 928

Re: I'm a stress reduction expert - ask me anything

Postby darrensurrey » 28 Mar 2019, 09:13

Angie10 wrote:
darrensurrey wrote:
Angie10 wrote:@DarrenSurrey... wow, well done on all your work! I was wondering if you had any suggestion for people whose mind simply refuses to shut down at the end of a busy/stressful day. The body is exhausted but the mind is buzzing and simply won't stop racing. I don't know if I'd be right to think while it's not stress in the true sense of the word, it could very well be some underlying situation that the person has on their subconscience?


Hi Angie10,

This is very common. Basic mindfulness meditation can help here but it has to be done regularly. Have a look at the video here: www.wimble.com/free (you don't have to sign up).

If you regularly practice coming back to the breath, you will feel more in control of your thoughts and able to choose what you want to think about. I had a similar experience last night as I was doing work late into the night, but when I went to bed, I could identify that I was still having work thoughts and then chose to focus on the breath. I fell asleep very soon after that.

Try the basic breathing exercise for the next 14 days and see how you feel - do reply in this thread to let me know. :)

Darren

PS As you can deduce from my website, I am not really interested in getting hits from a public forum as it is largely meaningless for my business. I doubt there are any London-based HR directors on here. (Someone did ask a while ago whether I was just trying to increase traffic.)


Thanks so much for your response :) I've heard this before but have never tried it properly. I watched the video and your voice and the music on their own are so soothing and relaxing, I could've easily nodded off LOL :lol: I'll definitely be trying the breathing exercises.


Haha - certainly, it's about regularly practising for a reasonable amount of time. Just like you don't just brush your teeth once and never again, meditation has to be done daily to get any real benefit.
  • 0

User avatar
darrensurrey
 
Posts: 2,252
Reputation: 206
ForumCoin: 34

PreviousNext

Return to AMAs & Interviews

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Reputation System ©'