ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
Discuss, post questions and suggestions related to this site, here.

Today … As of this post …

Postby OldGuy » 12 Aug 2019, 13:48

24 members have contributed 215 posts as of this moment today. That means an average of 9 posts per person. Yet with all of that, there have only been 8 reputation points, earning an overall average of just a 3.72% reputation score. The entire site reputation point average has fallen to a new low as a result of recent low quality content.

Obviously, this message is not directed at every member, but just to those who blather on beyond the recommended 10 posts per day. Almost without exception, those who post more than 10 posts per day are contributing a lot of junk content.

Although you are permitted to contribute as many posts as you want, the site recommends no more than 10. The fact of the matter is, when you go beyond 10 posts in a single 24 hour period, you are almost always posting junk content. The community seems to agree with that statement because they are not giving out positive reputation points for your junk.

If you are blathering on with more than 10 posts in a single day, take a close look at your personal reputation score. If you are not averaging at least 1 positive reputation point for every ten posts, the entire community is clearly telling you that you need to do better. If you get a negative reputation point, it is the equivalent of someone screaming that you need to do better.

Content of late is falling in quality. If your reputation point score is below 10%, wake up. You need to do better.

Although length is not necessarily an indicator of quality, your posts need to be long enough to fully explain what you are saying. In addition, your content should include added information that will further educate future readers on the topic. Anything less is junk.

Slow down and pay attention to what you post. Work harder to contribute content that adds value to the topic. Don't post something to blather on to earn a penny. Junk content is just not even worth that.

Please help make ForumCoin friendlier!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22964
OldGuy
Community Moderator

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 438

Re: Today … As of this post …

Postby ptrikha21 » 14 Aug 2019, 03:25

I must admit that for some time for me, the quantity part had increased and quality had suffered. Yet now I am more judicious with what I post and what I comment or respond with.

ptrikha21

ForumCoin: 241

Postby suny » 14 Aug 2019, 04:43

ptrikha21 wrote:I must admit that for some time for me, the quantity part had increased and quality had suffered. Yet now I am more judicious with what I post and what I comment or respond with.

It's not your quality alone but some times your posts get lost in between the huge number of trash posts. Since there is a limit on one page so your good posts soon land on the next page/s and very few care to go and read the inner pages.

suny

Referrals: 64
ForumCoin: 684

Postby Ash » 14 Aug 2019, 12:24

What we need is a notification system. It would help inform people when they are quoted and would increase the quality of discussions. Right now, most people don't bother to go back a few pages so they don't even realize they have been quoted.

Want to make money for posting? Join a brand new Paid-to-Post forum. Come & Say Hello :D
View My Portfolio To See Projects That I Have Worked On
Ash

ForumCoin: 833

Postby ptrikha21 » 14 Aug 2019, 14:28

suny wrote:
ptrikha21 wrote:I must admit that for some time for me, the quantity part had increased and quality had suffered........

It's not your quality alone but some times your posts get lost in between...........

Yes that is also a valid point. Even I sometimes have to search a little extra for my own posts.

--- 14 Aug 2019, 20:04 ---

Ash wrote:What we need is a notification system. It would help inform people when they are quoted and would increase the quality of discussions. Right now, most people don't bother to go back a few pages so they don't even realize they have been quoted.

I think Admin has already implemented such systems but self-discipline is missing and that needs to be changed.

ptrikha21

Postby cmoneyspinner » 14 Aug 2019, 19:21

When I started this site I limited myself to 10 posts per day. I still do that. I like this forum. I do my best to keep it going. I hope other members won't drag it down.

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 7
ForumCoin: 426

Postby ptrikha21 » 15 Aug 2019, 18:34

cmoneyspinner wrote:When I started this site I limited myself to 10 posts per day. I still do that. I like this forum. I do my best to keep it going. I hope other members won't drag it down.

I have a question: Is 10 posts a day refers just to the discussions we start, or our overall discussions?

ptrikha21

Postby OldGuy » 15 Aug 2019, 18:55

ptrikha21 wrote:I have a question: Is 10 posts a day refers just to the discussions we start, or our overall discussions?

When posts are discussed, it is referring to every entry, whether you initiate a new topic, respond to an existing topic or even make an entry in any of the games.

As stated in existing rules, you are not limited to 10 posts, but the site has made a recommendation of self limiting to ten simply because it is inevitable to produce low quality content when you go on and on and on. The top 10 contributors have consistently proven that to be true. With a current count of 123383 posts, which is 19.39% of all content, they only have collected 8205 Rep Points among them for an average 6.65% rep point score, compared to 9% for the site average. High volume almost always equals low quality.

If you watch carefully, you will see a difference in your earned ForumCoins after 10 posts in a single 24 hour period. Every post beyond that is earning at a greatly reduced rate.

See details in the FAQ section under this heading:
Why is there a limit on the posts we can make daily?

Please help make ForumCoin friendlier!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22964
OldGuy
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 438

Postby ptrikha21 » 15 Aug 2019, 19:38

OldGuy wrote:
ptrikha21 wrote:I have a question: Is 10 posts a day refers just to the discussions we start, or our overall discussions?

When posts are discussed, it is referring to every entry, whether you initiate a new topic, respond to an existing topic or even make an entry in any of the games.

As stated in existing rules, you are not limited to 10 posts, but the site has made a recommendation of self limiting to ten simply because it is inevitable to produce low quality content when you go on and on and on. The top 10 contributors have consistently proven that to be true. With a current count of 123383 posts, which is 19.39% of all content, they only have collected 8205 Rep Points among them for an average 6.65% rep point score, compared to 9% for the site average. High volume almost always equals low quality.

If you watch carefully, you will see a difference in your earned ForumCoins after 10 posts in a single 24 hour period. Every post beyond that is earning at a greatly reduced rate.

See details in the FAQ section under this heading:
Why is there a limit on the posts we can make daily?

So no wonder my Rep score has gone down in recent months as I exceeded 10 count quite a number of days. Thanks for clarifying.

ptrikha21

Postby Coolearner24 » 20 Aug 2019, 17:57

I am a new member on this forum who has just recently joined. I do plan to contribute to this forum and post high quality posts even if I exceed 10 post per day. I do agree that we do need a notification system when we are quoted by any other member. This would help us to get notified if we are getting quoted in one of our old posts.

Coolearner24

ForumCoin: 183

Return to ForumCoin Related Discussions