ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
Discuss, post questions and suggestions related to this site, here.

Re: Contest May 1 to May 31 – Prize 500 FC

Postby jackchun » 20 May 2019, 12:54

is paid to sign up allow?

jackchun

ForumCoin: 355

Postby OldGuy » 20 May 2019, 14:19

jackchun wrote:is paid to sign up allow?

ForumCoin does not pay new members to sign up. You earn your 25 FC referral commission only after your referral has contributed 20 or more posts to the site. I suppose you could pay someone to sign up, but that is out of your own pocket. Any amount would reduce your own potential earnings for a maybe, or could be a loss for you if they do not become active.

New referral members should be given reasons they would want to join for their own personal interests in the content of the site. Offering them any payment for joining would not be likely to produce active members. We are not looking for game entries. We are seeking serious new members who will want to become long term active members that contribute added value to the site.

Please help make ForumCoin friendlier!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22964
OldGuy
Community Moderator

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 432

Postby memez4savages » 21 May 2019, 17:13

Wow! this is amazing! I am new to this site and i must say that it's very interesting. I am very happy that you gave us an opportunity to win some coins. I will ask some of my friends to join right now. Thanks again!

memez4savages

ForumCoin: 95

Postby TimeRider » 25 May 2019, 18:14

Good to see a contest running here in FC! I hope all the members are doing well in it ( the referral contest ). Let the one who bring genuine new members win!

Best of Luck!

TimeRider

ForumCoin: 62

Postby OldGuy » 25 May 2019, 20:04

Well, today is the 25th of May. There is one week still to go. There are not that many entries and still a good chance anyone who takes this offer and runs with it could come out a winner. It won't take much to steal the prize.

Who will it be? YOU?

OldGuy
Community Moderator

Postby nerdonforumcoin » 26 May 2019, 04:08

OldGuy wrote:Well, today is the 25th of May. There is one week still to go. There are not that many entries and still a good chance anyone who takes this offer and runs with it could come out a winner. It won't take much to steal the prize.

Who will it be? YOU?

I am not good on this. I have referred 8 people but they are not active anymore, right?

nerdonforumcoin

Referrals: 8
ForumCoin: 987

Postby Sobi » 26 May 2019, 12:32

in my opinoin for this contest "work is alot and reward is nothing" only 500 forum coins for this??

its only my opinion! goodluck for everyone!

Sobi

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 122

Postby OldGuy » 26 May 2019, 13:18

Sobi wrote:in my opinoin for this contest "work is alot and reward is nothing" only 500 forum coins for this??

its only my opinion! goodluck for everyone!

Considering 500 FCs is equivalent to the total you were able to cash in on ForumCoin for all of your activity each year in 2016 and 2017 and more than you have cashed in since then, that is an odd point of view. A successful referral pays 25 FC. You still earn that.

The 500 FC is in addition to that for the member who produces the most successful referrals during the month. Everyone who participates can still earn the 25 FC from each successful referral, even if you don't win the prize for volume.

OldGuy
Community Moderator

Postby OldGuy » 28 May 2019, 10:59

Today is the 28th. Counting today, there are 4 days left for anyone to make a run for it.

There have been several comments on how hard it might be to get referrals, and it seems most members have not even tried.

I have been thinking about what could be said in a very brief ad you could post anywhere that could bring in referrals without much effort. It is all in the numbers. Yes, most who come join, post nothing to very little, but once in a while you come up with a winner. That one might as well be YOUR referral.

Try something like this. Copy it, or come up with something similar and post it anywhere you can post free ads and let the ad do your referring for you.

Last chance for this contest, but you can continue to get referrals without much effort if you spread ads like this:

Searching online earning opportunities?

Join our free discussion group with members who have been there and done that.
Which are champs and which are scams. Open globally; English only content. Share your experience.
[last line: include your referral link]

OldGuy
Community Moderator

Postby memez4savages » 28 May 2019, 15:14

That is an amazing prize! Good luck to everyone participating. I just found out today about this contest so I won't have enough time to write forums before May 31.

memez4savages

ForumCoin: 95

Postby SUPERSINGH » 28 May 2019, 15:23

Haha, please don't lie, I just saw your comment above about it :lol: :lol:

SUPERSINGH

Referrals: 124
ForumCoin: 1,802

Postby OldGuy » 30 May 2019, 13:14

Here it is, May 30. I was planning on announcing a winner tomorrow.

As it is, although there were a grand total of 17 new referrals from 8 different members, there is not one single successful referral in the lot. Those who came to contribute just 20 posts for a referral credit but filled their activity with games and then left cannot be counted as a successful new referral.

The point of this contest was to acquire much needed new members who will contribute value to this site. Telling someone to just come and play a few games for a referral credit hardly helps the site at all and cannot be considered. I am extremely disappointed.

ForumCoin is not immune to the challenges of all forums. Members come and go all the time. We need to acquire new members who will actively contribute added value to survive, and that should be coming by referral from members who have already enjoyed the site.

Acquiring new referrals is a numbers game. Many will come, not find what they are interested in and then leave. Once in awhile, someone shows up who finds a home and can remain an active member for a longer time.

That means you have to be very honest in representing what is here, and it does not need to be a hard task. All you need to do is to share a brief invitation that will attract people who are looking for the kind of content this site includes. It does not need to be a person to person presentation. There are lots of online opportunities to share a simple ad that will do the work for you.

As I already suggested the best ad is designed to attract the attention of those seeking the kind of information they will find here. It is just enough to get them to come and see for themselves, and they can find the rest by browsing the site. Those are the ones we need as new active members, who can come and contribute added value to the site.

Try something like this. Copy and use it for your ad, or come up with something similar to post anywhere you are allowed to post free ads. It is not work. A properly worded ad will find your referrals for you. If you find a good one, you might as well earn the referral fee honestly. No cheating required.

Searching online earning opportunities?

Join our free discussion group with members who have been there and done that.
Which are champs and which are scams. Open globally; English only content. Share your experience.
[add your own referral link as a last line]

OldGuy
Community Moderator

Postby Yugocean » 31 May 2019, 06:37

What is new date (last date)?

Yugocean

ForumCoin: 903

Postby OldGuy » 01 Jun 2019, 01:00

This contest has come to an end.

There were a total of 17 new members brought in by referral and only 7 of them actually reached at least 20 posts to qualify for a referral fee. However, every one of those 7 new members came one day, entered 20 to 23 posts and left on the same day. As of a check this evening, May 31, none of them returned, and every one of them played several games to complete their counts.

Coincidentally, we had two other new members join during May who were not from a referral. Those two are the only new members who joined during May that show promise of becoming valuable members, and each have already accumulated positive reputation points.

ForumCoin still needs new members to be able to grow and add value to the site. I do hope all members will consider posting ads in the future where ever possible to bring in much needed new members. I simply can't justify running this contest a second time. You can still earn the 25 ForumCoins for each referral on their 20th post. A few ads in the right places can make it automatic extra earnings with no added effort.

Here is an example of where you can find places to run your ad for free:
https://www.giantfocal.com/blog/top-12- ... ting-sites

As for this contest, the minimum number of posts were contributed by those 7 new members to become valid referrals and there was no restriction stated in the contest on anything further.

Supersingh had most of those new referrals and therefore is the winner of the contest.

Congratulations on your award.

OldGuy
Community Moderator

Postby SUPERSINGH » 01 Jun 2019, 01:06

Thanks. Old guy. I'm sad that none of my referrals this month were able to stay active but it's tough to make them motivated but I I'll try my level best to get more members this June and hopefully they'll be more active like my other referrals which are still active after 2 years.

SUPERSINGH

Referrals: 124
ForumCoin: 1,802

PreviousNext

Return to ForumCoin Related Discussions