*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Discuss, post questions and suggestions related to this site, here.

How Forumcoin make revenue?

Postby jobless dude » 23 Dec 2018, 07:35

I just want to know "How the Forumcoin is making revenue?"
Are they paying rewards from their hands?

I can't able to see any advertisements in this forum still they are paying rewards. How come this possible?

jobless dude

ForumCoin: 15

Banner Ad

Re: How Forumcoin make revenue?

Postby nakitakona » 23 Dec 2018, 07:45

It is easy for the forum to get revenue when it has already well established business partners and sufficient funds to pay their users. Forum is just a branch of their main business. But for novice or a beginner couldn't get enough revenue if he is depending on the ads like adsense.

Here are some of the possible revenue sources:

1. Sponsorship
2. Events
3. Links
4. In-Image Ads
5. E-commerce

Last edited by nakitakona on 23 Dec 2018, 07:49, edited 1 time in total.
nakitakona

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 236

Postby jobless dude » 23 Dec 2018, 07:49

nakitakona wrote:It is easy for the forum to get revenue when it has already well established business partners and sufficient funds to pay their users. Forum is just a branch of their main business. But for novice or a beginner couldn't get enough revenue if he is depending on the ads like adsense.

Adsense only can't help a forum to sustain. There should be some other program to generate income so that the forum owner can reward users.

jobless dude

Postby OldGuy » 23 Dec 2018, 08:35

There have been several discussions and comments from both Fergal (the site owner) and Cyberfreak (the site administrator) over the years on this subject. For the most part, Fergal covers all site expenses, including paying each of the members out of his own pocket while he has been trying out different kinds of advertising programs to earn revenue.

There is an ad banner at the top of the page and there are rotating member links at the bottom of the page that provide some funding.

One of the ad programs under testing right now is in the content displayed on the site. If you look at the content, the current testing is in colored words in the display that are actually advertising links. Each click on one of those links providing some ad revenue to the site. I do not know any details about it, but it is visible on the site in many posts.

Although they do not yet have a program to fully fund the site, some of the expenses are offset by the active members themselves. Rather than cashing in their ForumCoins when they reach the 500 count level, many members have their own small business websites and use cash or their earned ForumCoins to pay a small fee to advertise their own interests. Member Advertising options are explained here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=376

You can advertise your personal interests in the form of an added signature line. That allows your ad to be displayed at the bottom of every comment you post.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57&hilit=signature+line+ad

Members can also pay a small fee to promote their own ventures in the add a link section, which then includes those ads in rotation at the bottom of the page. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13

Finding the right combination is a gradual process. Members can help offset some of site expenses with paid ads of their own. For now, Fergal is covering it out of pocket. Goes to show you what a nice guy he has been all this time. He pays for your content. He deserves high quality content that actually adds value to the topic with every post.

Please help make ForumCoin friendlier!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22964
OldGuy

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 1,657

Postby jobless dude » 23 Dec 2018, 09:07

OldGuy wrote:There have been several discussions and comments from both Fergal (the site owner) and Cyberfreak (the site administrator) over the years on this subject. For the most part, Fergal covers all site expenses, including paying each of the members out of his own pocket while he has been trying out different kinds of advertising programs to earn revenue.

There is an ad banner at the top of the page and there are rotating member links at the bottom of the page that provide some funding.

One of the ad programs under testing right now is in the content displayed on the site. If you look at the content, the current testing is in colored words in the display that are actually advertising links. Each click on one of those links providing some ad revenue to the site. I do not know any details about it, but it is visible on the site in many posts.

Although they do not yet have a program to fully fund the site, some of the expenses are offset by the active members themselves. Rather than cashing in their ForumCoins when they reach the 500 count level, many members have their own small business websites and use cash or their earned ForumCoins to pay a small fee to advertise their own interests. Member Advertising options are explained here:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=376

You can advertise your personal interests in the form of an added signature line. That allows your ad to be displayed at the bottom of every comment you post.
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=57&hilit=signature+line+ad

Members can also pay a small fee to promote their own ventures in the add a link section, which then includes those ads in rotation at the bottom of the page. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13

Finding the right combination is a gradual process. Members can help offset some of site expenses with paid ads of their own. For now, Fergal is covering it out of pocket. Goes to show you what a nice guy he has been all this time. He pays for your content. He deserves high quality content that actually adds value to the topic with every post.

I just added a blog on sub-domain a few days before. Now I am getting spam sign-ups from Russia. How you guys tackle those spam sign-ups. I am getting around 50 spam sign-ups per day.

Another question, How many of them reach payout each and every month?

jobless dude

Postby OldGuy » 23 Dec 2018, 09:48

jobless dude wrote:How you guys tackle those spam sign-ups.

For the most part, it requires diligent daily review and manual controls. Cyberfreak is on top of spam removal for most of the new spam content when it first arrives. Fergal, Cyberfreak and the moderators are always reviewing content that gets past his initial reviews and work to remove it as soon as it is spotted.

I have seen members sign up without posting anything, and then months later, show up with spam content that has to be removed. Some just contribute a few junk posts and slip their ads into one or more of those posts. If it results in a ban, the posts with ads are usually deleted but the rest left in place. That is most of why you will see some members with posted content who are marked as banned.

It is a never ending process.
Out of 4938 registered members at the time of this posting
1913 (38.7%) of them signed up but have never posted any content.
495 (10%) more signed up, contributed a single post and then never posted anything more.
At last count, 641 (13%) have been banned, and most of those were due to spam content.
That all requires a lot of review and monitoring to keep up.

It all boils down to just 1198 (24.26%) of all members who have contributed 93.52% of all content.
(There are a few hundred members from the earliest years who are not included in these counts.)

The junk has to be monitored and removed on a daily basis and that is currently taking 5 pairs of eyes looking through the content at all hours of the day and night.

OldGuy

Postby jobless dude » 23 Dec 2018, 10:00

OldGuy wrote:
jobless dude wrote:How you guys tackle those spam sign-ups.

For the most part, it requires diligent daily review and manual controls. Cyberfreak is on top of spam removal for most of the new spam content when it first arrives. Fergal, Cyberfreak and the moderators are always reviewing content that gets past his initial reviews and work to remove it as soon as it is spotted.

I have seen members sign up without posting anything, and then months later, show up with spam content that has to be removed. Some just contribute a few junk posts and slip their ads into one or more of those posts. If it results in a ban, the posts with ads are usually deleted but the rest left in place. That is most of why you will see some members with posted content who are marked as banned.

It is a never ending process.
Out of 4938 registered members at the time of this posting
1913 (38.7%) of them signed up but have never posted any content.
495 (10%) more signed up, contributed a single post and then never posted anything more.
At last count, 641 (13%) have been banned, and most of those were due to spam content.
That all requires a lot of review and monitoring to keep up.

It all boils down to just 1198 (24.26%) of all members who have contributed 93.52% of all content.
(There are a few hundred members from the earliest years who are not included in these counts.)

The junk has to be monitored and removed on a daily basis and that is currently taking 5 pairs of eyes looking through the content at all hours of the day and night.

Thank for your explanation but could be the reason for spam sign-ups. I got 465 sign-ups within a week but what they
(spammers) are going to get by doing simple sign-ups without doing any action. Most of the sign-up I am getting are from Russia.

jobless dude

Postby CyberFreak » 23 Dec 2018, 10:09

If you are getting that volume of spammers, you need to make the sign up procedure more difficult. Not sure what software you use to run your blog but (software depending) you can do some of the following:

• Integrate a check against a spam database such as cleantalk or Stopforumspam
  • Add a more difficult CAPTCHA to the signup page
  • Require email activation
  • Set up a custom field in the registration page that requires a pretty restricted answer and that much be filled
  • Block IP ranges of common IP ranges attacking you... may block legit users though.
  • Block troublesome email domains.... especially disposable email domians that are used by spam accounts

🙏Stay safe, look after one another and be positive!🙏

After the 31st of January, I will no longer offer Crypto exchanges ---> Read more Information!
CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 26
ForumCoin: 45,470

Postby MysticMoons » 23 Dec 2018, 10:13

Yes there are ads on the bottom of each post here.
I am sure those make some money for the site.
But overall this is a great place to learn from each other about making money.
and just chatting about life.

want to make big money playing games and chilling onlie then check out the link to learn how! https://vocal.media/gamers/how-to-make-money-playing-video-games-from-homework from home playing games
MysticMoons

ForumCoin: 751

Postby OldGuy » 23 Dec 2018, 10:17

jobless dude wrote:465 sign-ups within a week

Wow. That volume may require more aggressive control. Some sites turn to a captcha program, where visitors are required to complete some simple task to be able to complete their application. Some sites add a simple line that must be completed, such as [what is 2 + 4?] and they have to manually put the answer in the box [6].

It sounds like your site must be about a topic that has triggered some kind of robot signup system. Theoretically, robots are not supposed to be able to complete the captcha or manual math challenge. I'd give it a try to see if it slows them down.

OldGuy

Postby jobless dude » 23 Dec 2018, 10:30

OldGuy wrote:
jobless dude wrote:465 sign-ups within a week

Wow. That volume may require more aggressive control. Some sites turn to a captcha program, where visitors are required to complete some simple task to be able to complete their application. Some sites add a simple line that must be completed, such as [what is 2 + 4?] and they have to manually put the answer in the box [6].

It sounds like your site must be about a topic that has triggered some kind of robot signup system. Theoretically, robots are not supposed to be able to complete the captcha or manual math challenge. I'd give it a try to see if it slows them down.

I have introduced a captcha function but someone is doing a sign-up manually. I even blocked their Country. But they are accessing my forum using a VPN.

jobless dude

Postby Rational Mind » 13 Jan 2019, 22:33

jobless dude wrote:I just added a blog on sub-domain a few days before. Now I am getting spam sign-ups from Russia. How you guys tackle those spam sign-ups. I am getting around 50 spam sign-ups per day.

When I launched my user generated site, a lot of users registered on my site and then began posting spam. In the beginning I moderated the contents and then removed them manually. However, this was so frustrating that I disabled posting. Now people can sign up on my site however, in order to post, they need to get approval from the admin.

Rational Mind
Banned

ForumCoin: 34

Postby jobless dude » 14 Jan 2019, 02:07

I installed captcha and a registration question. Now I am not getting any spam sign-ups.

jobless dude

Your Ad Here.

Return to ForumCoin Related Discussions