*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Discuss, post questions and suggestions related to this site, here.

I have a favor to ask from all members.

Postby OldGuy » 14 Oct 2018, 16:27

Many members have already noted a previous offer I made called

ForumCoin Donations Offer For Improving Quality Content
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=20620

Edited update March 15, 2022:
I have been pleased to donate awards to many members since making this offer. The awards were based on improved reputation point scores, but more scores are falling instead of improving, including for many I have previously awarded. The overall average site reputation score was above 10%, but the site averages have been sliding downward for the past several years. The average score is now down to just 8.51%

I am no longer an active moderator and no longer have the funds to continue with the past awards. I never cashed in but spent my earnings in awards. We all still need to work on providing higher quality content.

Please review this topic to understand just what the reputation points mean:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=31777

If you see high quality content,
please give it a positive reputation point.

Last edited by OldGuy on 15 Mar 2022, 09:46, edited 1 time in total.
Please help make ForumCoin friendlier!
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22964
OldGuy

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 1,660

Re: I have a favor to ask from all members.

Postby ptrikha21 » 14 Oct 2018, 17:08

I do give positive ratings but may be we all sometimes just forget. However, I hope members now start giving positives for good content and responses.
Have a good night !

ptrikha21

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 916

Postby kat82 » 14 Oct 2018, 17:34

OldGuy wrote:I'd be very happy to be able to continue rewarding those with improving scores.

Does giving a reputation point reduce on forum coins a member has?

kat82

Referrals: 69
ForumCoin: 1,620

Postby OldGuy » 14 Oct 2018, 17:50

No. The positive reputation points have no affect on your earnings. They have no cash value. You can't spend them and you can't trade them. Giving out either positive or negative reputation points do not affect your own finances. However, there may be some penalty for receiving a negative reputation point.

The only value I have been able to find for the reputation point system is that it is a guide to let you know how the rest of the ForumCoin community views your content. If another member views your content as high quality, they can give you a positive reputation point. If another member finds your content of low value or offensive, they can give you a negative reputation point. Most members accumulate increasing counts of positive reputation points over time as long as they are contributing decent value content.

Most members do not like to give out negative reputation points because it can create conflict and hard feelings between members. If you find offensive content or something that is not contributing value to the topic, it may be better to use the exclamation point in the triangle near the upper right corner of the post to report it, and let the administration deal with it.

If you divide your reputation points by your total number of posts and read the results as a percentage, you can see your "score". The site average for all active members has been running very close to 10%, which means you need to get at least one positive reputation point for every ten posts just to be average. A low score is actually a message from the rest of the ForumCoin community telling you that you need to do better. A negative reputation point screams it.

The overall value of the reputation point system is that it lets each member know how the rest of the community reacts to their written content. It is not a direct indicator of quality, but just an opinion. It is worth watching.

OldGuy

Postby ptrikha21 » 15 Oct 2018, 12:04

May be some members think that not giving someone positive rating might help their own cause more?

ptrikha21

Postby chikitta » 15 Oct 2018, 13:34

That is well said oldguy, and point taken as well i will surely keep that in mind thanks for sharing.

chikitta

ForumCoin: 354

Postby ceci » 18 Oct 2018, 00:38

Some of the new members might not even aware about this "upvote" function. Will use it more often when seeing a quality post for sure. Thanks for reminding!

ceci

ForumCoin: 26

Postby katkat » 18 Oct 2018, 08:01

I think it is just right that we give considerations to those who are really taking the time to give their helpful opinions. The truth is when I started here I always give reputation but as I go along I tend to forget doing. Thank you for reminding us. Actually it can also promote friendship among the members.

katkat

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 1,126

Postby Rosalin » 19 Oct 2018, 19:16

I will keep this in my mind @OldGuy. I will try my best to give positive reputation point on good quality content.

Rosalin

ForumCoin: 374

Postby darkthorn » 19 Oct 2018, 22:44

I did not forget it and sometimes I wish I could have more time to write another type of content. I also try to give quality answers to most of the posts :). lets see if this weekend I can post some new and useful stuff here.

darkthorn

ForumCoin: 342

Postby gugun21 » 20 Oct 2018, 05:15

It's hard to get one and more easier to give one.. But if we don't receive , then it feels bad.. So, many of the users don't bother to give one. :yawn:

gugun21

ForumCoin: 243

Postby arunima » 22 Oct 2018, 06:03

I always make it a point to give a positive reputation point to any good post that I come across. I try my best to post quality posts here.
Thanks OldGuy to be here and appreciate everyone and help us maintain the quality of the post and of the site.

arunima

ForumCoin: 618

Postby ptrikha21 » 01 Dec 2018, 07:44

Just out of curiosity, has this request of yours made any visible difference?

ptrikha21

Postby OldGuy » 01 Dec 2018, 14:49

ptrikha21 wrote:Just out of curiosity, has this request of yours made any visible difference?

Based on the difference in accumulated reputation points and site averages both before and after this post, it appears this has made a difference. More members seem to be giving out reputation points as they encounter high quality content. Percentages are again on the rise and I have been able to give out more awards with those increases. The overall site averages have actually improved for the first time since January in recent weeks.

OldGuy

Postby ptrikha21 » 01 Dec 2018, 16:15

OldGuy wrote:
ptrikha21 wrote:Just out of curiosity, has this request of yours made any visible difference?

Based on the difference in accumulated reputation points and site averages both before and after this post, it appears this has made a difference.......

This is a good news. Also, this creates a more positive environment in the site.

ptrikha21

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to ForumCoin Related Discussions