*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Discuss, post questions and suggestions related to this site, here.

How Frequently You Award Reputation Points To The Topics Here?

Postby A K Rao » 05 Aug 2018, 12:42

In fact many a times I am receiving very good and informative responses to my Topics.

I like to give reputation points to many of them.

But I am afraid if that would be a misuse or what?

How often do you award reputation points?

What are the maximum reputation points you have awarded so far in a day?

A K Rao

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 1,168

Banner Ad

Re: How Frequently You Award Reputation Points To The Topics Here?

Postby OldGuy » 23 Aug 2018, 18:31

I have given out positive reputation points when I read content that answers the original question with a well written reply. I don't know how many I have given, but I don't give them out for anything less than well written content.

Unfortunately, the majority of the ForumCoin community does not seem to believe most content is deserving of positive reputation points. Each member can see how the rest of the community views their content by dividing their total reputation points by their total number of posts, and reading the results as a percentage. As of this moment, the overall average of nearly all active members on the site has dropped to a very low 9.4086%, compared to the January site average at 11.5%. The overall average reputation "score" has been falling site wide for most of this year.

That generally means each member needs to receive at least one positive reputation point for every ten posts just to keep above average, and most are not doing so. In fact, 67% of all members are skating along at below and some, far below the site average. The reputation score is not a precise measurement of quality, but it is a fairly clear guide of how the rest of the community views your content.

If you are not receiving at least one positive reputation point for every ten posts, the rest of the community is telling you that you need to do better. A negative reputation point screams it. That means you need to make sure your contribution is long enough to actually provide an answer in complete sentences and with proper English grammar that actually adds value to the topic.

If you contribute content that adds value to the topic enough so another member reacts to it, they may give you a positive reputation point. If your content is so low quality that it makes another react negatively to it, they can give you a negative reputation point.

Fortunately for some, most members don't give out negative reputation points, but it can happen. A very low reputation score is almost as bad as receiving a negative reputation point because that means your content is not good enough to get a positive reaction from anyone. Both say you need to do better.

The site administrators and moderators are quick to give out both positive and negative reputation points as deserved.

If you see content that you approve of, give it a positive reputation point. There is no limit that I am aware of, but if abused the site administration can see your activity and could take action. Just be real in those you approve of and there should be no issue.

If you see content that is really bad, you can give it a negative reputation point, but with a caveat. Member to member negative reputation points can create friction between those members. It would be better to use the exclamation point in the triangle to report bad content and let the site administrators or moderators take a look to decide if a negative point is deserved.

OldGuy

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 1,657

Your Ad Here.

Return to ForumCoin Related Discussions