*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Discuss, post questions and suggestions related to this site, here.

Posting short comments

Postby sprite1950 » 18 Jan 2017, 09:49

Sometimes topics do not need long replies but I will usually find a way to add to mine because I don't feel comfortable posting a really short comment. Chatabout used to give a minimum word count so that you had to make a comment a certain length before you could post it. Apart from forum games where it is acceptable do you think it is ever ok to post short comments on the forum?

sprite1950

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 0

Banner Ad

Re: Posting short comments

Postby suny » 18 Jan 2017, 11:43

Same here, I know I can convey some of my thoughts in fewer words but I feel awkward posting smaller comments. Therefore I always add something relevant to my comments to make it look proper.

suny

Referrals: 66
ForumCoin: 504

Postby Angie10 » 18 Jan 2017, 11:50

I personally don't think it's good to post very short comments or yes/no type answers. Like you, I try to elaborate on my comments. Of course, like you say, longish answers aren't always required, but it's just nice to read more than just one sentence, because it can provide a window into our fellow members' thought processes and personalities. Whether it's wrong or right, I feel like people who make a habit of posting short answers don't really care, just want to rack up points or are just plain lazy.

I guess I got in the habit of posting reasonably long responses because of ChatAbout and the various forums I've worked on over the years. 1 rule that almost always cuts across the board is 'no short answers'.

Angie10

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 4,440

Postby TeacherAngel » 18 Jan 2017, 12:48

It depends upon the situation. Like you, I also feel like I have to add things to my comments just to make the response longer. However, you are right that there are some topics wherein a long response is not required. An example is the "In before the Admins" thread. I don't know why but there's a sense of guilt when I reply with a single number even though I enjoy that game. :D

Please support a YouTube newbie! Watch, like, share, and subscribe. It contains instructional materials that you can use in teaching at school, at home, or online. Thanks!
---> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCliHb2hYy-tHav7TRVpQu4Q
TeacherAngel

Referrals: 9
ForumCoin: 358

Postby amitkokiladitya » 18 Jan 2017, 15:38

For me simple one liner responses do no justice anywhere. If you want to be heard you have to express yourself completely.
As far as any discussion is concerned it is fruitful and reaches the masses only if it explains your view point completely . No one can read your mind so it is always wise to use the power of words.

amitkokiladitya

ForumCoin: 26

Postby CyberFreak » 18 Jan 2017, 21:07

There are times where a short posts is needed and this is one reason we don't have a minimum required number of words. Sometimes your only need to post a sentence and that is as useful as a paragraph long post. Longer posts do not always mean quality anyway so requiring that short sentence to be more than 15 words for example might not make it any more useful.

Personally I just view it on a post by post basis and if I feel I am adding something worthwhile to the topic and there is no need to expand more than I have such as just confirming a user is correct when they ask something they are unsure about. Obviously in most cases, there is a need to expand such as when giving views on sites, opinions on news stories/events or for saying what you prefer. Ultimately when you look through the posts you make, you should see with the exception of posts in forum games, that 95% atleast of your posts are more than 1 sentence long.

🙏Stay safe, look after one another and be positive!🙏

After the 31st of January, I will no longer offer Crypto exchanges ---> Read more Information!
CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 26
ForumCoin: 45,470

Postby ivyparkgirl » 18 Jan 2017, 22:41

If you don't have much to say about certain topics, what is wrong with short comments.I got a friendly reminder from the admin about my short posts.

ivyparkgirl

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 958

Postby CyberFreak » 18 Jan 2017, 22:49

There is a difference between not needing to post more than one sentence and not being bothered posting more. Alot of your posts could and should be longer as alot/most of your posts are 1 sentence long and offer no benefit to the discussion and lack even basic details/explanations.

🙏Stay safe, look after one another and be positive!🙏

After the 31st of January, I will no longer offer Crypto exchanges ---> Read more Information!
CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 26
ForumCoin: 45,470

Postby morgoodie » 18 Jan 2017, 23:41

I try to find a happy medium since I want to post more than a sentence or two. Unless, it is on the topic of the last website that paid you or the number game. I definitely don't post a yes/no or I agree with you. If you are going to add to the ongoing conversation then you need more thought than that. If I can't add to the discussion then I don't comment on it. I don't like reading short one sentence comments because I don't feel that the person has put any effort into the topic. Almost, like it wasn't important enough to warrant some extra thought.

morgoodie

Postby Lexi » 19 Jan 2017, 00:58

You can make a short post if you are responding to a post to confirm something, or if your answer is a yes or no to a post. Trying to fluff that out looks a little silly, but for paid posting, if the owner requires say 50 words, then what do you do? Ignore the poster and don't respond, post as much as you can without looking as if you are a paid poster, or make up 50 words with fluff and look obvious?

Lexi

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 534

Postby peachpurple » 19 Jan 2017, 01:53

Posting short comments such as Nice Job, Thanks for your information are just not good for here.
I prefer to post mine short but straight to the point that sounds logical, not for the sake of the coins

peachpurple

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 331

Postby oldbuddy » 19 Jan 2017, 16:28

short?

NEW tool to bring eyeballs to your offer and earn referral commission.
(You Can Join Free and Learn As You Earn With My Help)
I turned off the emails they send to view ads on the website to earn free ad credits.
oldbuddy

Referrals: 37
ForumCoin: 2,391

Postby liveonline » 19 Jan 2017, 17:41

some comments just turn out short, & some long, but I'm one that
try's to give the best comment I can on a post with out being TOO LONG
or short, as it's always a good thing with a GOOD comment on any post.

liveonline

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 504

Postby chikitta » 19 Jan 2017, 18:41

I guess it all depends on the question that has been asked. Sometimes people ask for.one word answers and you have to answer. But again I also think it would be nice if someone tried to expound a little bit on their answers.

chikitta

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 354

Postby junrose123 » 26 Nov 2017, 01:55

For me it really depends upon the available topic or trend to be discussed. if it requires me to post long then I''ll do it.

junrose123

Referrals: 6

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to ForumCoin Related Discussions