*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Discuss, post questions and suggestions related to this site, here.

Re: Do you notice when people have not posted for a while?

Postby sprite1950 » 14 Jan 2017, 06:57

DreekLass is another member who has been missing for a long time but she has recently come back. It's good to see members return after a break. Sometimes a short break is all that is needed to become motivated again. :wave:

sprite1950

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 0

Banner Ad

Postby germainebull » 14 Jan 2017, 11:57

CyberFreak wrote:I do notice when active users stop visiting and I do sometimes contact the user to find out if there is a problem with ForumCoin or if they are not happy with something here and gather some useful feedback if the user has left us because they are not liking FC for some reason

I am reassured to learn that I have a hands-on admin in the person of CyberFreak. Please keep the tempo up sir!

germainebull

Referrals: 35
ForumCoin: 102

Postby OldGuy » 26 Apr 2018, 00:34

I started researching ForumCoin just to fully understand what the Reputation Points meant to the members and to the site.The research has expanded to many other details, and one big thing that came to light are the number of older members who post for awhile then vanish. Their posts just stop. On the other hand, I have also many noted older members who vanished for months or even years suddenly start in again.

Over time, I've come to know and look for a lot of familiar user names during my searches and find they are just no longer active. I've noted over 100 familiar names of older users who have not posted anything in the last 30 days even though they were active after January 1. An average of 30 more stopped posting in each 30 day span before that. I have also noticed a lot of them have logged in to view content, but have not posted anything during their multiple visits. Several have come back to visit multiple times even though their last posted content was in 2016 or earlier.

As older members move on to other interests, newer members join the crowd and blend right in to fill the empty spaces. Even though there are now over 4447 registered members, I have not seen more than 150 active members in any recent 30 day span.

If you are not watching the list of "who was here" on the home page, it is impossible to notice every previously active member who is no longer active or any of the new members who join the fray everyday. They just sorta blend in as another familiar name. It is a constantly changing community.

OldGuy

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 1,657

Postby sprite1950 » 26 Apr 2018, 08:43

I think it's the name of the game. People come here, stay a while and then move on to other sites. Some join and then decide it's not for them and others, like myself, grow very attached to a site and stay for many years. I'm not as active as I once was here but I visit very day.

sprite1950

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 0

Postby ladyninja » 26 Apr 2018, 09:03

If a very active member suddenly stops posting, it might take a while but someone will surely notice they are quiet.

ladyninja

ForumCoin: 190

Previous

Your Ad Here.

Return to ForumCoin Related Discussions