ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Discuss, post questions and suggestions related to this site, here.

Forum Coin Tip

Postby oldbuddy » 10 Oct 2018, 22:41

I was browsing the forum today on my laptop and ran across a thread I wanted to research later when I got back on my desktop with a big screen.

I know there are much more elegant methods, but I wanted something quick and dirty to just get the job done without a lot of fuss. So I copied the link and sent it to myself in a PM. A few minutes later I thought of something I wanted to add and discovered I could not edit the message, so I quoted it and sent it to myself again. That way I had the original message with the addition together and deleted the first one.

Now when I get on my desktop all I need to do is open Forum Coin and read my message.

I hope this has value for others here,

Oldbuddy

ARE YOU JUST HERE FOR THE PENNIES?
I am coming to the conclusion that most on here don't really want to make more money
CLICK HERE if that does NOT include you.
oldbuddy

Referrals: 28
ForumCoin: 429

Re: Forum Coin Tip

Postby cmoneyspinner » 10 Oct 2018, 23:02

There is a similar trick. Though you don't use your PM here. Compose a message in your gMail (or whatever eMail you use), then save the draft. Never send it anywhere. I actually learned that trick watching a movie about terrorists. :lol:

cmoneyspinner

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 25

Postby oldbuddy » 10 Oct 2018, 23:07

cmoneyspinner wrote:There is a similar trick. Though you don't use your PM here. Compose a message in your gMail (or whatever eMail you use), then save the draft. Never send it anywhere. I actually learned that trick watching a movie about terrorists. :lol:

The difference was, I didn't need to leave FC and it only took one click to open the PM form.

I am coming to the conclusion that most on here don't really want to make more money
oldbuddy

Postby arunima » 11 Oct 2018, 05:00

Actually a great tip to be shared. :thumbup: Thank you.

arunima

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 709

Postby CyberFreak » 11 Oct 2018, 06:12

There is actually a quicker way to bookmark topics you want to read later... using the bookmark feature :lol:

At the bottom of topics you will see a bookmark topic link

Click that to bookmark a topic and then go to your UCP and click "Manage Bookmarks" on the left of the screen and then it will list your bookmarked topics.

:thumbup:

Currently really really busy with real life things :o Responses will be alot slower than usual.

:$: ForumCoin Faucet - Claim your free FC!!! :$:

If you sign up to the ForumCoin.Win faucet, please contact me with your username via PM, email (cyberfreak@forumcoin.win) or submit a quick ticket so I can activate your account.
CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 17
ForumCoin: 64,108

Postby Rosalin » 11 Oct 2018, 08:11

Thank you for sharing. It is useful.

Rosalin

ForumCoin: 281

Postby oldbuddy » 11 Oct 2018, 11:54

CyberFreak wrote:There is actually a quicker way to bookmark topics you want to read later... using the bookmark feature :lol:

At the bottom of topics you will see a bookmark topic link

Click that to bookmark a topic and then go to your UCP and click "Manage Bookmarks" on the left of the screen and then it will list your bookmarked topics.

:thumbup:

My problem is at 80 years old, my memory is not what it once was. It would be very easy for me to bookmark a topic and not remember why I did it when I got back. With the PM I can add notes to remind me what I wanted to remember about it (or anything else I wanted to add.

oldbuddy

Return to ForumCoin Related Discussions