*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Plug your link, website, blog post, social media profile, YouTube video, etc. Win ForumCoin!

Pop Trichotillomania - Impulse hair pulling (Youtube video)

Postby Allius » 02 Sep 2016, 13:43

Hello!
Here's a new youtube video.
Do you know what trichotillomania is? See this video if you want to know more :) (with english subtitles)

Allius

ForumCoin: 155

Banner Ad

Re: Trichotillomania - Impulse hair pulling (Youtube video)

Postby blair » 02 Sep 2016, 14:04

That seems like a very difficult behavior to control. Just watching it made me feel a bit worried I do not want to catch this type of behavior. I had read a related topic before which concerns ingesting the hair after pulling it. I can not begin to think how someone would do that.

Good to know that there is an English sub now. Good job.

blair

ForumCoin: 588

Postby chikitta » 02 Sep 2016, 14:53

I have watched this kind of video before on Oprah Winfrey's show before where someone has this disorder it's really sad because one cannot control the urge to pull hair. It's quite sad to watch

chikitta

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 354

Postby Mark2016 » 02 Sep 2016, 15:41

I knew someone long ago who would pull out her hair whenever she got nervous. It was something she developed when she was little. You would think that the pain would be a motivator for her not to do it, but it was not. I have not seen her in a long time and wonder if she ever got help to stop pulling out her hair.

Mark2016

ForumCoin: 148

Postby sprite1950 » 02 Sep 2016, 17:46

I think it's a bit like cutting, the pain of pulling out the hair relieves the emotional pain. It's hard to understand if you don't suffer from it but I know a little girl who is doing this and she has a very troubled family life.

sprite1950

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 0

Postby sherryinutah » 02 Sep 2016, 20:08

I think sprite1950 hit the nail on the head with her comment. Disorders like anorexia, bulemia, cutting, tearing hair out are a pretty clear indication that deep mental and emotional issues exist, for that individual. I'm unable to identify with these types of disorders; but, I know that the behavior can be habitual.

Ideally, an individual would eventually enter into some type of therapy where they can develop healthy self-esteem and self love. :thumbup:

sherryinutah

ForumCoin: 355

Postby Allius » 03 Sep 2016, 17:07

blair wrote:That seems like a very difficult behavior to control. Just watching it made me feel a bit worried I do not want to catch this type of behavior. I had read a related topic before which concerns ingesting the hair after pulling it. I can not begin to think how someone would do that.

Good to know that there is an English sub now. Good job.

This kind of behaviour is painful for those who cannot control it.
Yes, we have english subtitles in all our videos!
Thank you for liking our trichotillomania video and for your comment :)

-- 03 Sep 2016, 17:09 --

chikitta wrote:I have watched this kind of video before on Oprah Winfrey's show before where someone has this disorder it's really sad because one cannot control the urge to pull hair. It's quite sad to watch

You are absolutely right. That's not easy to control this kind of behavior. People need a good diagnostic and treatment.
Thank you for your comment!

-- 03 Sep 2016, 17:15 --

Mark2016 wrote:I knew someone long ago who would pull out her hair whenever she got nervous. It was something she developed when she was little. You would think that the pain would be a motivator for her not to do it, but it was not. I have not seen her in a long time and wonder if she ever got help to stop pulling out her hair.

The person that you knew had almost all requirements for developing this kind of behaviour. For example: it's a women and young at the time that started to pull her hair.
That's not easy to stop without treatment. I hope that she was able to overcame the problem!

-- 03 Sep 2016, 17:33 --

sprite1950 wrote:I think it's a bit like cutting, the pain of pulling out the hair relieves the emotional pain. It's hard to understand if you don't suffer from it but I know a little girl who is doing this and she has a very troubled family life.

It's common that people feel a relief just after they pull the hair. This kind of behaviour is almost always related with low self esteem, anxiety, stress and depression. It's also common in persons who were diagnosed with obsessive compulsive disorder.

Sometimes the remorse of pulling the hair leads the person to punish her self. And the self pushment is pulling more hair... the result is a vicious cicle. Perhaps this is what's happening with the girl that you know.

-- 03 Sep 2016, 17:39 --

sherryinutah wrote:I think sprite1950 hit the nail on the head with her comment. Disorders like anorexia, bulemia, cutting, tearing hair out are a pretty clear indication that deep mental and emotional issues exist, for that individual. I'm unable to identify with these types of disorders; but, I know that the behavior can be habitual.

Ideally, an individual would eventually enter into some type of therapy where they can develop healthy self-esteem and self love. :thumbup:

Trichotillomania is, indeed, related with low self esteem and negative emotions. Is imperative a good treatment and psychotherapy. Cognitive behavioral therapy tends to be effective in this kind of issues.

Allius

Postby spiderdust » 03 Sep 2016, 22:28

I had a friend who suffered from this as a teen, and her hair was really thin on top as an adult because of it. She often wore hairpieces and creatively posed for her pictures to disguise the baldness. It embarrassed her, but is wasn't something she could really control on her own.

spiderdust

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 270

Postby Allius » 04 Sep 2016, 09:31

spiderdust wrote:I had a friend who suffered from this as a teen, and her hair was really thin on top as an adult because of it. She often wore hairpieces and creatively posed for her pictures to disguise the baldness. It embarrassed her, but is wasn't something she could really control on her own.

You touched in 2 important facts that we spoke in our video: the use of hair pieces and another techniques to hide the problem and the consequences of this behaviour that affects the self esteem of those who can not control their behaviour.

Allius

Postby Sam » 04 Sep 2016, 22:16

Great video! I went through a phase of pulling my hair (and ended up with a bald patch, :() because I didn't like the thick, almost black hairs on my brown hair (they have a weird texture).

Sam

Referrals: 15
ForumCoin: 179

Postby Allius » 05 Sep 2016, 15:30

Sam wrote:Great video! I went through a phase of pulling my hair (and ended up with a bald patch, :() because I didn't like the thick, almost black hairs on my brown hair (they have a weird texture).

This kind of behaviour is more common that we can think at a first sight. I hope you are ok now! :)

Allius

Postby Fergal » 02 Nov 2016, 20:19

Popular topic, donating 50 ForumCoin now to Allius and blair.

Best Year Ever :D

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 11,998

Postby Allius » 03 Nov 2016, 10:59

Thank you Fergal. That's very kind of you :)

Allius

Postby blair » 07 Nov 2016, 11:27

Fergal wrote:Popular topic, donating 50 ForumCoin now to Allius and blair.

That was quite a surprise. Thank you Fergal for the 50 FC. :mrgreen:

blair

ForumCoin: 588

Your Ad Here.

Return to Link & Video Plugs - Win ForumCoin