ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Site news and information.

Re: Forum coin team change their value

Postby CyberFreak » 23 Oct 2015, 06:30

It is not just you - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=8871

The most you can earn per post is 1.5 cents. Unfortunately we have to do this otherwise we can not continue to be online.

CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 16
ForumCoin: 58,871

Postby sprite1950 » 23 Oct 2015, 06:33

It depends how you look at it. It's either that or the forum goes under. Personally I would rather stay and earn a small amount than have it disappear. Fergal did send out an announcement a few days ago so it's not as if we weren't informed. Why is it shocking?

sprite1950

Referrals: 7
ForumCoin: 2,588

Postby cessy_08 » 23 Oct 2015, 09:31

No it is not just you, don't worry :) It is the Admins step to allow us to continuously earn and keep the forum alive! :)

Visit my personal travel and food blog! Grab a ticket for a bite around the globe with me!
Drop by LiteracyBase to read articles coming from various authors from around the world.
Expats for expats! Visit ExpatPost!
Hotel and flight bookings made easy with Kaligo.
Get 10% off buying from BornPrettyStore! Use SHASX31 code upon checkout!
cessy_08

ForumCoin: 1,129

Postby kyuminette » 23 Oct 2015, 10:50

We all get 10 posts daily but its ok sometimes we need to adjust for the sake of the site .Hopefully soon Forumcoin can recover .

kyuminette

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 199

Re: ForumCoin Rates Updated

Postby ramzan00 » 23 Oct 2015, 11:11

Well I guess it's good in it's own way.
I think now quality for posts will increase ;)

ramzan00

ForumCoin: 124

Postby Jinglebells » 23 Oct 2015, 17:02

sprite1950 wrote:It depends how you look at it. It's either that or the forum goes under. Personally I would rather stay and earn a small amount than have it disappear. Fergal did send out an announcement a few days ago so it's not as if we weren't informed. Why is it shocking?

I rather the forum stay around, not so bad, the biggest plus here is the Admin keeps you posted on the changes, they don't just make them and let you guess about it.
So it take a bit longer to earn, still 500 coins is not that bad, Chatabout is 1 point per comment, and a thousand point cash out.. Yes some days they have two points, or you can watch a video, but still takes a long time.
I like this site a lot, and really hope it sticks around for a long time, no other site quite like it.

Also it is a lot easier to have 10 posts, than 17 , most people have said they can't make 17 day, now I am certain, they will do the 10. Might actually have people here every day as they want to keep their earnings up, and might help the site with more people on .

Jinglebells

Referrals: 8
ForumCoin: 31

Postby Angie10 » 23 Oct 2015, 17:58

Although we'd all like to continue earning at the same rate or better, we need to appreciate that admin are faced with the mammoth task of keeping the site afloat to allow us to continue earning through it. I like the openess of the admin here, and find it refreshing because some sites would delay payment and ultimately fold without a word, leaving us all in the lurch and unpaid! We just have to take it on the chin and hope that the site recovers soon :)

Angie10

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 1,925

Postby Fergal » 24 Oct 2015, 07:12

[Similar topics merged!]

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 9,629

Postby iyanpol12 » 24 Oct 2015, 09:09

It's fine with me. Hopefully soon, Forum Coin can recover. It may be increasing the rates. Hoping everyone still support the site because I was saddened with the current rank.

iyanpol12

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 204

Postby spiderdust » 30 Oct 2015, 23:36

As someone else mentioned, I think the changes will help reduce the spam and nonsense posts. I'd rather the site stuck around.

Honestly, I know I can make 10 posts a day. I wasn't making 17 posts a day as easily. Sometimes it was because I got distracted by other things during the day, and sometimes it was because I wasn't finding a lot to comment on. I've noticed that the post quality has improved since the changes happened.

spiderdust

ForumCoin: 347

Postby laksh » 03 Nov 2015, 18:06

CyberFreak wrote:Typically sites pay higher rates when they start and that is due to them wanting to attract members and get alot of users promote their site on their behalf and are happy to pay out of their own pocket to get the site started but then there comes a time where the owner can not keep paying out of their own pocket and they have to lower the rates to find a balance between the income and the outgoings. That is the difficult bit really.

It is great to see so many members supportive of the changes and understanding why we are doing this.

I agree.. and I'm with FC on this..cos the fact that FC is an honest and a quality site, this change doesn't matter much to most of us.. I was just venting out my frustration, because within a month of my joining FC, these changes have taken place.. and it's happened with me many times on many different sites!! So I was kind of sad :)

laksh

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 250

Postby Geamer » 04 Nov 2015, 01:17

The quality of posts really must be made even in any site to make it more attractive for advertisers so that it will be worthwhile for everybody in this community. I do not mind the new points system as long as it is adjusted based on the revenue created.

Geamer

ForumCoin: 82

Postby Gaarabae » 14 Nov 2015, 09:58

I just recently joined FC a few days ago so I guess this is a decision that has to be done to keep the site viable. a lot of sites went belly up due to wrong business decisions. I am sure if the site earns well the Admins will share the wealth. more power FC :)

Gaarabae

ForumCoin: 151

Postby CyberFreak » 14 Nov 2015, 13:11

It was a decision to help keep us online. Ultimately we are constantly reviewing our income and outgoings and if we are in a position where we can afford to increase the rates, we will do that however we have a way to go until that point.

CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 16
ForumCoin: 58,871

Previous

Return to Guidelines and Announcements