ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Site news and information.

Re: ForumCoin Reward for up to 25 Posts Per Day

Postby Raees » 01 May 2015, 07:28

I just came across a idea, what about a premium membership, which members can buy after certain days of registration,post count and reputation with some FC$. The Premium members posts limit should be increased, I think this will be good for some quality posters.

Raees

Referrals: 15
ForumCoin: 2,406

Postby CyberFreak » 01 May 2015, 07:31

Cloudlin wrote:May it be possible to run more ads too?
Personally I don't mind :)
This change isn't solely around trying to save money. It is about trying to increase the quality which will in turn improve the image of the forum and will help make the forum look less spammy and more appealing to advertisers.

That said we are considering changing our advertising and placements in the near future.

DinheiroGelada wrote:Hey guys. Maybe limit by points and not by posts?
That is a good idea although something that is alot harder to do in reality. It is hard to calculate the amount of ForumCoin a user earns a day. This is because there is a wide range of places that ForumCoin comes from (and deducted from) and all these aspects need to combined to come to a reliable total. It can be done although it takes alot more work to get the total and get it to make the right decisions.

Scouten wrote:By limiting it to the first 25 posts only, you will get people that will come here and post 25 times, with low quality and not post anymore than that just to get however many coins they can that day.

In addition,
I wish to propose a new rule for ForumCoin.
Do not post on any boards that haven't been posted on for 2 weeks, unless it is the board posters doing.
This would help prevent people from bringing up boards from April 2013, that no one has seen or posted on for years just to find more ways to get some extra ForumCoin. I mean, my topic about "Fitness Wristbands" got pushed to page 6, when I posted it about 3 days ago, due to someone bringing up old, old, old topics.

Thanks for all you do!
-Scouten

Edit: You could also limit just limit the amount of Forum topics you can make each day for coins. I have seen that if some people run out of ways to earn more coins, from their low quality posts, they will often post a new topic, with a quick one sentence question, not giving anyone a lot to reply to, causing more low quality posts.
There will no doubt be people post 25 low quality posts and leave but it does atleast limit the what we pay that users compared to if we allowed them to post an unlimited amount. It limits the abuse. We will be getting stricter when it comes to post quality now aswell because too many people are posting too many spammy, short, needless or off topic posts.

Restricting users earning of FC should help with the issue of users bumping old topics and burying new topics in hours. I still think a rule should be added in regards to that as usually there is a reason why topics drift to the later pages of a forum... usually because they are outdated or nothing is left to be said.

Topics get classed as posts in this change so users can't make 25 posts and then create a load of new topics to get around it because they have no other way to earn FC.

Sam wrote:It doesn't personally affect me because I basically only make a post when I think I can contribute to a discussion. However it will probably turn some members off ForumCoin. Would there be a way to remove the limit but still ensure that posts made are quality?

I can understand the rational behind the decision. I've been watching the Payments/ Gift threads and they've exploded recently. What I would propose is raising the payment threshold to encourage more memberss to use the Classifieds and Exchange area.

There must be ways of increasing the revenue ForumCoin is generating. Another idea might be to offer more official services which cost little/ nothing but remove ForumCoin from the system. E.G. If you could find a graphics designer willing to take an 80% cut of the charge for the official graphics service.
I think that 90% of our members are here to earn ForumCoin and to exchange it for PayPal money. I don't think we can change that. Increasing the payouts will probably just delay the inevitable and they will take a bit longer to cash out but will cash out more so really there is little benefit. Even if the user does spend more in the classifieds/exchange forum, the chances are the forumcoin will be withdrawn by the person it is sent too at some point also.

Adding more official services and limiting the introduction of new ForumCoins I think are the best options. The issue is how to do these 2 things in the right way which gives users what they want but equally is good from our point of view.

Currently really really busy with real life things :o Responses will be alot slower than usual.

:$: ForumCoin Faucet - Claim your free FC!!! :$:

If you sign up to the ForumCoin.Win faucet, please contact me with your username via PM, email (cyberfreak@forumcoin.win) or submit a quick ticket so I can activate your account.
CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 17
ForumCoin: 64,142

Postby DinheiroGelada » 01 May 2015, 14:31

I think that 90% of our members are here to earn ForumCoin and to exchange it for PayPal money. I don't think we can change that. Increasing the payouts will probably just delay the inevitable and they will take a bit longer to cash out but will cash out more so really there is little benefit. Even if the user does spend more in the classifieds/exchange forum, the chances are the forumcoin will be withdrawn by the person it is sent too at some point also.

Cyber, I think you guys need to talk to members a little more. The forum is still new, and I believe people will spend more FC for services. Even if people join here with the intention of only earning money (it was my case), that doesn't mean it can't change to "Hey, lets spend FC buying advertise, a graphic service, or 500 like in my facebook page".

I know I've spent some time thinking of a service to offer to people to be able to earn FC. And I know I've spent FC buying a signature and feedback from ludwag (who didn't asnwer me and fergal anymore). And I'm also looking to buy a domain and a banner with FC.

Of course in the end you may think "but sooner or later someone will have all these coins and we'll have to pay them". I agree with you, and that's why I suggested twice already that you guys should charge a small cut from every trade (1-3%).

For example: I buy a banner for 100 coins. You guys charge 3% and take 3 FCs for yourself, 97 goes to the seller. You already do that, kinda, by charging to post in the ADS section.

Now another thing you guys have to do is sell (more) FC. I don't know for how much, maybe sell in a loss (like $5 = 520 FC) and hope to win the amount back from ADS + 3% Cut (calculations will have to be done here). I know you guys already sell FC, but I believe it should be more advertised. I believe buying FC using bitcoin may be a very good idea (it's fast and easy), but you guys would have to look up on how to transform bitcoin in real money, and whats the cost to do that.

Another thing you guys need is a way to monetize ForumCoin more, without making a bad experience for us readers/posters.

And last, you guys need to sell services (like signature, premium account, etc, etc). Basic account can't be something that will shoo people away. Don't take away things from free users, add value to premium users ;)

I think the money needs to flow, and with the cut % implemented, if money is flowing, you guys'll be making money too from every transaction.

Now please, don't take this as me trying to teach you guys how to run your business. Sometimes when we speak in another language we may come off a little pretentious. That's not what I'm trying to be here, I'm try to give feedback on what I believe may help you guys in making ForumCoin a better place :D :D

Of course these changes shouldn't be taken lightly, but make polls and talk to your members, ask for feedback and discuss ideas. I'm pretty sure you guys will find a way to make everyone happy :D :D

In the end, Forumcoin will become what you guys + us members make ForumCoin to be. But it is you guys who are leading us as our "leaders" :mrgreen:

Hey There!

I've made around $197 in April/2015 using a few Websites + Apps:
:arrow: CashPirate's Guide $10/mo
:arrow: Clix's Tutorial $71 in less than a month

Paid to Write Make money and have fun!

PT or BR? Visit my Blog Freelance/Blogging/Money
DinheiroGelada

Referrals: 84
ForumCoin: 25

Postby lion » 01 May 2015, 17:05

I understand the reasoning behind this, but I admit to being a little disappointed. I think it's obvious there will be a decrease in activity, but hopefully it'll still stay active enough. :) Good luck with your trial.

But I have days where I don't really have time to post, and days where I'd like to post a ton, and this kind of gets in the way of that. Maybe a weekly limit instead? Then people could choose to say, do all their posts on their day off, or spread throughout the week? I don't know how practical that would be, though.

lion

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 47

Postby Fish » 01 May 2015, 18:12

I am not really shocked to see this change. Ever since the post on TBN & Reddit was made, I knew the site was going to make some new limitations. The 20 bonus points daily, and now this. I don't think I will have an issue with this. I don't think most people even make many more than 25 posts in a day. It's not at all going to make me want to make higher quality posts any more than I previously have.

I don't like this change because I don't like the feeling of being limited. If I never saw this post or the banner saying I am being limited, I probably never would have even noticed personally and I would probably keep using this site like before.

Like I said, there are more new users joininig this site, and that also means that the site will be feeding more people Forumcoins.

Personally, I think this will encourage people to make even lower quality posts. They will add this site to their daily check list and say Okay, now make 25 posts and tick that one off the list. Obviously you'd want to go as fast as you can if you have that type of motivation.

When I first joined this site I was more interested in earning forumcoin than to enjoy the actual community. As time went on I really realized I would have a better time earning FC on here if I enjoyed what I did and I started to make some more HQ posts.

Now, the reason you gave for adding this new limit is to get people to make more HQ posts. I'm not 100% sure that that's the real reason this change was made, but if so, I recommend that instead of limiting us on how much we can make per day, It would be better if we (the users) would report posts that don't add anything to the conversation at all and the mods/admins could review the posts that were reported and remove FC from users who have had patterns of repeated LQ posts.

In addition, the real best way to get people to make more HQ posts is to reward people who post HQ more often with a bonus of FC + rep. I have gotten +40 (i think) FC from Fergal on one of my posts that was really HQ in the past. That was some sort of motivation to post more :).

Fish

Referrals: 11
ForumCoin: 0

Postby Fergal » 01 May 2015, 20:29

Thanks everyone for all your feedback, we are taking it on board even if we don't reply to it all publicly straight away.

Fish wrote:I don't like this change because I don't like the feeling of being limited

This change doesn't actually limit you or other members in any way. You can still make as many posts as you like (provided those posts meet our guidelines). The only change is that you will only earn ForumCoin, for the first 25 of those posts. As we said the vast majority of members never make more than 25 posts in 24 hours, so they won't earn any more or less as a result.

Fish wrote:Personally, I think this will encourage people to make even lower quality posts. They will add this site to their daily check list and say Okay, now make 25 posts and tick that one off the list. Obviously you'd want to go as fast as you can if you have that type of motivation.

Honestly that is also a concern on our side, however, this is a trial and we will tweak it as we go along if need be.

Thanks for your detailed reply DinheiroGelada
DinheiroGelada wrote:you guys need to sell services (like signature, premium account, etc, etc).

That is something we will be doing more of as time goes on.

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 15,653

Postby Fish » 01 May 2015, 20:57

When I say 'limited' even though I won't probably ever reach 25 in the day, I still don't like the feeling of 'what happens if today I am really bored and want to make 40 posts. I won't get rewarded for them all.' It's like me and unlimited cell data. I recently had to upgrade to unlimited data from my 5GB/month plan. Even though I rarely ever reached the 5 GB in a month, I still wanted to upgrade because I don't like the feeling of being limited.

And for the record, there was one month where I used more than 5 GB... That month I accidentally left my phone on cell data running videos. I woke up the next morning with 11 GB used. Ouch. But hey, unlimited is unlimited.

Like I said, If i never saw this post or the banner saying how many posts i've made, I would probably never even care or notice because I wouldn't even think there were limits.

Fish

Referrals: 11

Postby CyberFreak » 01 May 2015, 21:11

I know what you mean and I am too a certain extent the same. I do like to have more than I need just so I don't have to worry to much about running out.

Currently really really busy with real life things :o Responses will be alot slower than usual.

:$: ForumCoin Faucet - Claim your free FC!!! :$:

If you sign up to the ForumCoin.Win faucet, please contact me with your username via PM, email (cyberfreak@forumcoin.win) or submit a quick ticket so I can activate your account.
CyberFreak
Tech Admin

Referrals: 17
ForumCoin: 64,142

Postby Sam » 01 May 2015, 21:17

DinheiroGelada wrote:Of course in the end you may think "but sooner or later someone will have all these coins and we'll have to pay them". I agree with you, and that's why I suggested twice already that you guys should charge a small cut from every trade (1-3%).

I suggested it way back in 2013: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=93. It would certainly work if there was more activity in the marketplace. Maybe combined with a raising of the payout threshold? Travis had an interesting idea, in that thread, where the amount of FC$ you could earn was capped by an FC$ bank. They only had $X to give out in a 24 hr period or something.

Earn $7FC with this new offer!

Sam
Community Moderator

Referrals: 13
ForumCoin: 1,612

Postby Raees » 01 May 2015, 21:21

Sam wrote:
DinheiroGelada wrote:Of course in the end you may think "but sooner or later someone will have all these coins and we'll have to pay them". I agree with you, and that's why I suggested twice already that you guys should charge a small cut from every trade (1-3%).

I suggested it way back in 2013: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=93. It would certainly work if there was more activity in the marketplace. Maybe combined with a raising of the payout threshold? Travis had an interesting idea, in that thread, where the amount of FC$ you could earn was capped by an FC$ bank. They only had $X to give out in a 24 hr period or something.

The idea will be interesting but it is not easy to code the plugin in such way and implement it.

Raees

ForumCoin: 2,406

Postby Scouten » 01 May 2015, 22:27

There will no doubt be people post 25 low quality posts and leave but it does atleast limit the what we pay that users compared to if we allowed them to post an unlimited amount. It limits the abuse. We will be getting stricter when it comes to post quality now aswell because too many people are posting too many spammy, short, needless or off topic posts.

Restricting users earning of FC should help with the issue of users bumping old topics and burying new topics in hours. I still think a rule should be added in regards to that as usually there is a reason why topics drift to the later pages of a forum... usually because they are outdated or nothing is left to be said.

Topics get classed as posts in this change so users can't make 25 posts and then create a load of new topics to get around it because they have no other way to earn FC.

What I see is your trying to limit the low quality posts by adding the 25 posts limit a day, when in actuality your not limiting it at all, you just slowing the rate of getting them posted by adding this restriction. I still think the best idea would be to get 2 or 3 volunteer moderators, who can go around and rate the high quality posts and give something special to the people that get so many reputation points, from mods and admins, and the special thing, can again just be a rank, extra signature space, etc nothing that makes you as admins have to spend more money than you already are.

Adding the rule, would prevent people from bringing up old topics, and if they do, their post can just be deleted by the mods or admins, along with Coins taken away and a warning. Same thing with the one sentence topics, moderators and coins being removed.

See, I feel this is really about money and how your revenues are not enough to keep paying out the paypal or amazon to everyone, just put some more advertisements or like many people keep suggesting, add a Premium Membership of some sorts. Premium Members could have like a colored post background, No ads, colored names , colored username, etc. I mean don't get me wrong, I totally understand, one ad on the top can't generate enough to run the whole site.

Scouten

ForumCoin: 154

Postby Toiken » 05 May 2015, 08:17

I am new here but for whatever it's worth I think this is a brilliant idea for the following reasons:

- It would make the whole concept of pay-per-post sustainable
- Improve post quality and forum reputability
- discourage people who are merely looking for CashCows from joining FC

I think the mods are cool people as well so I give my support 100%, whatever that is worth here. :D

Toiken

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 54

Postby shamzblueworld » 05 May 2015, 10:36

I think its a fair announcement, but you gotta see how it goes with the majority, I feel the people who are posting more than 25 per day, are actually posting in the general sections, zero content at all, though they are contributing to the activity, but not any worth in their posts.
So its a fair trial, lets see how it goes for you.

shamzblueworld

ForumCoin: 274

Postby reddyash » 05 May 2015, 13:07

The idea what you have come up is very good and will eliminate spam posts. Even I have kept a limit on my forum that is a person can post only 21 posts for 12 hours.

reddyash

Referrals: 1

Postby DinheiroGelada » 09 May 2015, 16:32

Hey guys, I just wanted to know if you guys followed Sam's advise and looked into: http://www.viglink.com/solutions/forums/ ???

Hey There!

I've made around $197 in April/2015 using a few Websites + Apps:
:arrow: CashPirate's Guide $10/mo
:arrow: Clix's Tutorial $71 in less than a month

Paid to Write Make money and have fun!

PT or BR? Visit my Blog Freelance/Blogging/Money
DinheiroGelada

Referrals: 84
ForumCoin: 25

PreviousNext

Return to Guidelines and Announcements