ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Tell us about your earnings goals for the future and payments you have already received

What's your payout experience with iwriter?

Postby Decentlady » 21 Apr 2016, 11:30

Mine was bad. Just as I was getting special requests and promising opportunities my account was banned with my cash gone!

I believe there should be courtesy to payout what one has earned with all the hardwork.

Decentlady

Referrals: 18
ForumCoin: 326

Re: What's your payout experience with iwriter?

Postby RapidBlue » 21 Apr 2016, 12:02

Decentlady wrote:Mine was bad. Just as I was getting special requests and promising opportunities my account was banned with my cash gone!

I believe there should be courtesy to payout what one has earned with all the hardwork.

I reported a case of a genuine rip off when an inexperience thief was trying to get the content for free. But, he didn't know that iWriter publishes all the unconfirmed content publicly so that you can't take any copyrighted material just like that.
The same client gave me a very low rating refusing to pay what I wrote, he listed a few reasons, but staff didn't believe him and they accepted my claim, restored my previous ratings and I believe flushed that client out of their system.
Probably he was trying to fool more people, and not only me.
After that I reasoned that iWriter has a very uncertain way of the work, so I gave up from that web page because it is easier for me to get out then to endure a torture over a 3 dollar gig.

RapidBlue

ForumCoin: 50

Postby cessy_08 » 22 Apr 2016, 10:19

Whoah, that's a bad experience! I also have an account with iWriter but moved on from that site shortly after. It was so hard to find a decent client not to mention that ridiculous timer! I earned a few dollars but did not bother logging in anymore after I got busy with Upwork.

Visit my personal travel and food blog! Grab a ticket for a bite around the globe with me!
Drop by LiteracyBase to read articles coming from various authors from around the world.
Expats for expats! Visit ExpatPost!
Hotel and flight bookings made easy with Kaligo.
Get 10% off buying from BornPrettyStore! Use SHASX31 code upon checkout!
cessy_08

ForumCoin: 1,129

Postby Angie10 » 22 Apr 2016, 10:24

@Decentlady....I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. I registered with iWriter and loved the look and feel of the website. But I never did any work on there because I started hearing some highly unsavoury things about the site, including clients scamming writers and the high rejection rates for work rendered, which would sometimes then mysteriously show up somewhere. So I decided to cut my losses and run for the hills.

Angie10

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 1,739

Postby thisnthat » 23 Apr 2016, 14:36

I used to do okay on there. Then, I gave up for a while, because of the low pay and being cheated out of a payment (which still shows as them owing it to me but never makes it to my total).

They changed everything since that time, and now you have to pay to get the highest stuff? LOL, no.

I find that a lot of people reject out of hand as well. I think they just use the work without paying for it. I don't see any precautions against that sort of thing posted.

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 102

Postby shawn » 27 Nov 2016, 02:44

I joined iwriter, too, but I was discouraged by the very bad reviews and the clients' approval rate. I was trying to look for an alternative writing site but iwriter lacks credibility. The rates are low and you have to start from the junior level and wait after completing 20, highly-rated articles before you can be evaluated for promotion to the prime writer level. You can fast track your promotion by paying a fixed fee which is simply unacceptable for me.

shawn

ForumCoin: 120

Return to Revenue Targets & Payment Proofs