*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet, social networking and other technology

What are your opinions about dating Simulators?

Postby Netherrealmer » 04 Jun 2018, 11:55

Dating Sim is a video game Genre in Japan where you will virtually court fictional female characters to win her heart. You will give her gifts, flowers and put her on dates. Some dating sims are wholesome and family friendly while some are adult of nature.

Many people are blaming dating sims to the decline of Japan's population. Japanese men became so intimidated with real women that they prefer dating virtual girls.

Here are screen shots of popular dating sims:

This is old news but I will show you why these virtual girls are blamed for Japan's population decline:

8 years ago this man married his virtual girlfriend. Yup it is now their 8th year anniversary.

That is the reason why it is blamed for population decline. People resorts to dating pixelated fictional characters because they are less intimidating than real people.

There are also Dating sims for women

There are dating sims for gay men

and last but not the least....
There are some dating sims for weird people.

Here is a Dating Sim where you can have a monster as a girlfriend.

For the ladies, If your dream is to have a Dinosaur for a boyfriend, there is game titled Jurassic Heart.

Last edited by Netherrealmer on 10 Jun 2018, 17:31, edited 1 time in total.
Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 2,558

Banner Ad

Re: What are your opinions about dating Sims?

Postby Allius » 07 Jun 2018, 10:55

Yes, this can be an issue :( Although this kind of games can played as simulators (and in this kind of view is faced as a place where players can practice), I think they are not very good at it. When someone want to date other person, they need to have some skills that they can't practice with virtual girls, like for example, look in the eyes...
I think the future will be worse... when Robots (humanoids) will be created for that purposes...

Allius

ForumCoin: 155

Postby Netherrealmer » 08 Jun 2018, 11:46

That is the original reason why dating Sims are created, to help shy guys to have confidence to talk to real women. The result though is men ends up being contented with hand drawn women. Some Women had been addicted to dating Sims too. :lol:

Something scary, Realistic Virtual reality girlfriends are now launched as the next big thing.

Last edited by Netherrealmer on 08 Jun 2018, 17:40, edited 1 time in total.
Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby morgoodie » 08 Jun 2018, 16:25

Oh my. People don't need these games, they need therapy and human interaction. But at least you won't have the bad aspects of relationships.

morgoodie

ForumCoin: 0

Postby sabtra » 08 Jun 2018, 19:08

Most dating sims tend to be all the same.
HuniePop, I recognized that one! :lol:

Oh, real women can have too many expectations sometimes.
Virtual girls aren't that easy either, it's a good game for training your memory, as you need to remember the girl's personality, what she likes and so forth.

Then, I just think games should be treated as such. They are meant for entertainment, sometimes for educational purposes, but they should never be able to replace real life.
I don't know how people can fall in love or be satisfied with some pixels as romantic partner.
Game industries might focus on multiplayer mode and allow real men and women to know each other, and help them gain self-trust and confidence. I mean, like a dating site, but with a gaming aspect into it? :?

sabtra

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 214

Postby Netherrealmer » 09 Jun 2018, 17:49

morgoodie wrote:Oh my. People don't need these games, they need therapy and human interaction. But at least you won't have the bad aspects of relationships.

They are fun to play but I won't choose them over real relationships.

sabtra wrote:Most dating sims tend to be all the same.
HuniePop, I recognized that one! :lol:

Oh, real women can have too many expectations sometimes.
Virtual girls aren't that easy either, it's a good game for training your memory, as you need to remember the girl's personality, what she likes and so forth.

Then, I just think games should be treated as such. They are meant for entertainment, sometimes for educational purposes, but they should never be able to replace real life.
I don't know how people can fall in love or be satisfied with some pixels as romantic partner.
Game industries might focus on multiplayer mode and allow real men and women to know each other, and help them gain self-trust and confidence. I mean, like a dating site, but with a gaming aspect into it? :?

I think people should use these virtual ladies as practice for the real thing instead of a replacement. These Pixels doesn't really give us the social interaction and compassion we can get from a real human as their artificial intelligence is way too limited.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby sabtra » 09 Jun 2018, 19:40

fergus1234 wrote:I think people should use these virtual ladies as practice for the real thing instead of a replacement. These Pixels doesn't really give us the social interaction and compassion we can get from a real human as their artificial intelligence is way too limited.

The best game would be Super Seducer, in that case. (Just kidding) :lol:
My best assumption is that most of these men never had a proper interaction and believe a virtual relationship gives all a real relationship can give. :?

sabtra

ForumCoin: 214

Postby darkthorn » 09 Jun 2018, 22:43

I never tried Dating Sims because the first Sims drove me crazy. I really enjoyed the game but my character was just neurotic, she was never happy even having an amazing house and partner, so I just stop playing it and I could never hear about Sims again.

darkthorn

ForumCoin: 342

Postby Netherrealmer » 10 Jun 2018, 02:45

darkthorn wrote:I never tried Dating Sims because the first Sims drove me crazy. I really enjoyed the game but my character was just neurotic, she was never happy even having an amazing house and partner, so I just stop playing it and I could never hear about Sims again.

You are talking about Sims which is a life simulator. I am talking about dating sims which is different because it is a dating simulator and it is in first person perspective. It is a game where you will seduce your target to be in a relationship with her/him.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Re: What are your opinions about dating Simulators?

Postby mrki444 » 11 Jun 2018, 07:07

I like technology but these stuff create problems with people. You can't simulate peoples behavior. Many people will think if they succed in game, that same thing works in real life. It don't.

mrki444

ForumCoin: 533

Postby Netherrealmer » 11 Jun 2018, 11:11

mrki444 wrote:I like technology but these stuff create problems with people. You can't simulate peoples behavior. Many people will think if they succed in game, that same thing works in real life. It don't.

This should be popularized in overpopulated countries though. I mean look what it did to Japan's population. :lol: In case of Japan though, I think the men there should be encouraged to interact with real women because their country needs babies so bad as their population dies off.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

Postby anyona54 » 12 Jun 2018, 04:23

Dating simulators are the worst games I've ever played. They give a feeling of love that you really hope for in real life. This can cause the feeling of "I wan't to experience this in real world". They also cause arousals that if not controled may lead to insane acts to neutralise the arousals. I hate them and would not recommend them to anyone. Never even encourage a programmer to make any.

anyona54
Banned

ForumCoin: 141

Postby katkat » 12 Jun 2018, 08:17

This is the first time that i heard about this. While i was reading everyone's comment, i came to conclusion that this is not doing any good to people. We are humans, we have the intelligence and more specially we have emotions. We know we can do it even without this game. That's the reality of life. If we want to get something we have to work for it. Life itself is our best teacher. No need of this game to pursue someone. We'll do so when we want to.

katkat

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 1,126

Postby fistsworn » 12 Jun 2018, 09:45

They're ok, I mostly like watching youtubers play them, but don't play them myself.

fistsworn

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 53

Postby katkat » 12 Jun 2018, 10:49

fistsworn wrote:They're ok, I mostly like watching youtubers play them, but don't play them myself.

Should you recommend it then? Or just watch in youtube.

katkat

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 1,126

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology