*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet, social networking and other technology

How many fake Facebook accounts do you have?

61%
14%
18%
4%
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
No votes
9 or more
4%

Total votes : 28

How many fake Facebook accounts do you have? Why?

Postby BitCastDaily » 08 Apr 2018, 10:22

28054162_10212188600484396_617659267_n.jpg
28054162_10212188600484396_617659267_n.jpg (5.83 KiB) Viewed 495 times

Ok this seems quite a weird topic to discuss, but I'm sure many of us have at least 1 fake account for whatever reasons. :geek:

So will you reveal how many fake Facebook accounts you actually have?
Why did you create those accounts?
Do you spend more time on fake accounts than your 'real' ones?

BitCastDaily

ForumCoin: 215

Banner Ad

Re: How many fake Facebook accounts do you have? Why?

Postby Zinha » 08 Apr 2018, 12:54

I only have one facebook account and i have never thought about creating a fake one. What would i do with a fake facebook account?

Zinha
Banned

ForumCoin: 2

Postby Fergal » 13 Apr 2018, 06:37

[Moving topic to appropriate forum section!]

Best Year Ever :D

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 12,083

Postby sprite1950 » 13 Apr 2018, 07:36

I don't need any more than one and I can't see why I would need more than that one although having said that, when I joined Grabpoints, it seemed to create a different one but I don't know how that happened as I can't bring it up on a facebook search. Weird.

sprite1950

Referrals: 10
ForumCoin: 0

Postby cmoneyspinner » 13 Apr 2018, 17:46

BitCastDaily wrote: I'm sure many of us have at least 1 fake account for whatever reasons.

You're sure? "many of us"?
Is creating fake Facebook accounts normal? :? :?:

I've never had one. Never even thought of it.

cmoneyspinner

ForumCoin: 1,828

Postby BitCastDaily » 14 Apr 2018, 00:02

Zinha wrote:I only have one facebook account and i have never thought about creating a fake one. What would i do with a fake facebook account?

for dodgy reason ;)

-- 14 Apr 2018, 10:03 --

cmoneyspinner wrote:I've never had one. Never even thought of it.

well, it's because quite a number of my friends have more than 1 facebook account so I thought this reflects the reality of larger population.....

BitCastDaily

Postby cmoneyspinner » 14 Apr 2018, 01:44

BitCastDaily wrote:quite a number of my friends have more than 1 facebook account

I used to have more than FB account. But it was a nuisance to keep track of. It was like having a split personality. Only I didn't have black outs and switch from one personality to the next. It was ridiculous trying to keep up with separate networks of friends. In real life you have different "networks" of people you interact with - family, personal friends, people at work, people online, etc. But they all interact the ONE YOU. I reasoned that Facebook was no different. So I decided on one account and that's what I've been using for over 5 years. I don't know how people keep up with multiple FB accounts. :crazy: :crazy:

-- 13 Apr 2018, 20:05 --

Just curious. Wondered if you did a study and noticed a pattern. The same people with fake Facebook accounts ... do they also have fake Google Plus accounts, fake Instagram accounts, fake Pinterest accounts, fake Twitter acccounts ...

I mean: Why just at Facebook? :crazy:

cmoneyspinner

Postby BitCastDaily » 14 Apr 2018, 04:26

cmoneyspinner wrote:
BitCastDaily wrote:quite a number of my friends have more than 1 facebook account

I used to have more than FB account. But it was a nuisance to keep track of. It was like having a split personality. Only I didn't have black outs and switch from one personality to the next. It was ridiculous trying to keep up with separate networks of friends. In real life you have different "networks" of people you interact with - family, personal friends, people at work, people online, etc. But they all interact the ONE YOU. I reasoned that Facebook was no different. So I decided on one account and that's what I've been using for over 5 years. I don't know how people keep up with multiple FB accounts. :crazy: :crazy:

-- 13 Apr 2018, 20:05 --

Just curious. Wondered if you did a study and noticed a pattern. The same people with fake Facebook accounts ... do they also have fake Google Plus accounts, fake Instagram accounts, fake Pinterest accounts, fake Twitter acccounts ...

I mean: Why just at Facebook? :crazy:

Well, for me and my friends, Twitter is a platform for official stuffs, so we only have Twitter accounts for companies or societies.

As for instagram, it's mainly for posting food pics, so no point having fake accts. :lol:

BitCastDaily

Postby cmoneyspinner » 14 Apr 2018, 18:34

@BitCastDaily
OK. Cool! Although your response still doesn't quite explain the need for fake-ness. If there is a "need". I still don't see a reason for fake accounts. ANYWHERE!! :? But those who create them may have perfectly valid and dare I say ... legitimate reasons.

cmoneyspinner

Postby Angie10 » 14 Apr 2018, 19:07

cmoneyspinner wrote:
BitCastDaily wrote: I'm sure many of us have at least 1 fake account for whatever reasons.

You're sure? "many of us"?
Is creating fake Facebook accounts normal? :? :?:

I've never had one. Never even thought of it.

I'm with you there, cmoneyspinner! I don't have one, never had one and have no need for one. Why do people have them, anyway; I'm dying to know?!

Angie10

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 4,437

Postby Streamguy69 » 15 Apr 2018, 23:10

I have only one fb account and I use it for mostly talking with family. I also use it to play games that require a fb account to use as a profile. I get friends request all the time but I don't even log in I just use it to play games :)

Streamguy69

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 435

Postby tchisom » 16 Apr 2018, 20:23

I don't even have a facebook account.

tchisom

ForumCoin: 38

Postby rrishabh035 » 17 Apr 2018, 01:58

There is a person I know who is creating multiple fake accounts to spread a web of lies. He has made about 60 fake "family members" and short of reporting all of them individually is there anything I can do? I'm making this question on a fake account myself because I don't want him finding me...but he is a pathological liar and this needs to stop.

rrishabh035

ForumCoin: 9

Postby BitCastDaily » 17 Apr 2018, 06:57

rrishabh035 wrote:There is a person I know who is creating multiple fake accounts to spread a web of lies. He has made about 60 fake "family members" and short of reporting all of them individually is there anything I can do? I'm making this question on a fake account myself because I don't want him finding me...but he is a pathological liar and this needs to stop.

geez, that's creepy........ :?

sorry but I really have no idea how can one deal with such massive craziness

BitCastDaily

Postby morgoodie » 17 Apr 2018, 17:11

I have one fake account that I created when I played FB games and I could send myself items that I needed since I didn't have many friends that played the same game. I haven't used it in a long time and I had actually forgot about until FB sent my an email because it was my fake account person's birthday. :lol: :lol:

morgoodie

ForumCoin: 0

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology