*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet, social networking and other technology

Re: IP ADDRESS

Postby thisnthat » 16 Nov 2017, 17:35

amitkokiladitya wrote: Now I'm wondering then why can't people in a household have more than one account on the same website?

I would think it boils down to revenue. It's like you and everyone in your home watching the same TV commercial. Even if you buy the item that's being advertised, you're probably just going to make one purchase. Not every single person in the house will run out and buy one. I think it's basically the same idea... they want a broader audience to increase their chances of higher earnings, instead of having everyone in one house doing the same ads/offers.

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 383

Postby zanghie0942 » 17 Nov 2017, 08:47

amitkokiladitya wrote:Sometimes I access the internet/forums through a wifi installed in my house and while at other times I use my mobile data for accessing the internet. In both the cases, does my IP address remain the same?

Is your ISP and Mobile Network Provider is the same? If that so, 75% It will not change. 25% will depends on how you set up your ISP router. :thumbup:

zanghie0942

ForumCoin: 27

Postby riddy09 » 09 Jan 2018, 03:23

This depends on the ISP. They are the ones who provide IP address, but of course, you can have VPN or proxy to change your IP address. That said, ISP can have either static or dynamic IP address. ISP for static means you have same IP address or it doesn't change. Dynamic every connection to the internet will give you a different range of IP address.

riddy09

ForumCoin: 1

Postby germainebull » 13 Jan 2018, 05:47

I've noted that, when using different devices on the same internet service, my IPs are closely related.

germainebull

Referrals: 35
ForumCoin: 102

Postby mrki444 » 14 Jan 2018, 13:37

That is because all device are connect on same network. Network have 1 IP and devices have sub IP address.

mrki444

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 638

Postby riddy09 » 03 Feb 2018, 12:45

Yes, because there will be an IP range obtained by your devices. If they have the same IP address then there will be a conflict in the IP. Nevertheless, you can just refresh your connection to get new IP address.

riddy09

ForumCoin: 1

Previous

Your Ad Here.

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology