*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet, social networking and other technology

Social Media on students

Postby ahmedo24 » 26 Aug 2017, 11:44

I have come to realize that recently lot of college students especially between the age 16 to 24 are more carried away with social media activities especially dating and online money making. This activities is affecting their academic performance due to low commitment. What your view?.

Last edited by ahmedo24 on 27 Aug 2017, 08:45, edited 1 time in total.
ahmedo24

Referrals: 52
ForumCoin: 3

Banner Ad

Re: Social on students

Postby augusta » 26 Aug 2017, 15:30

Yea,Noticed that too.I think the parents are also looking for money and no longer assess their children activities.The internet and social media has come to stay.The only way out is for parents and students to be in control of their time and know what to do they will be beneficial to them than wasting away online.

augusta

ForumCoin: 11

Re: Social Media on students

Postby raaman » 27 Aug 2017, 12:12

ahmedo24 wrote:lot of college students especially between the age 16 to 24 are more carried away with social media activities

In that facebook spoils the younger generation the most. This is what I get to know from the print media.

raaman

ForumCoin: 2,973

Postby SwayBusiness » 28 Aug 2017, 07:18

Well, I think your view is true. I'm currently in my third year in the university and I've been working to make money off the internet since my first year. I don't think you can blame anyone for that, there's nothing in this world that beats financial independence

SwayBusiness

ForumCoin: 19

Postby raaman » 28 Aug 2017, 14:09

augusta wrote:than wasting away online.

Good. But how many people realize this?

raaman

Postby SUPERSINGH » 29 Aug 2017, 16:11

Yeah you are right but I am sure not all are involved in it and actually there are many who form a good balance between social networking websites and there studies/ commitments. Social Networking websites have some pros as well and these should be used properly.

SUPERSINGH
Banned

Referrals: 124
ForumCoin: 2,964

Postby haripriyavkl » 29 Aug 2017, 17:15

I absolutely agree. Social media is exploiting teens in a large amount but if there is self-discipline to not to consider it as life and to concentrate on other important things then it can be handled properly. The thing is nowadays everything gas become online and more time is spent on the internet. We should have the self-control to balance between the two.

haripriyavkl

ForumCoin: 513

Postby NicholasMukuha » 29 Aug 2017, 17:53

Well, what I can say is that in this world, everything has it's pros and cons. What I can suggest on my part, if it were possible, we should be joining social media sites with our ID numbers, and no ID number should be allowed to open an account twice. This will ensure that only adults, who are able to plan themselves join them. The students on the other hand will have more time to concentrate.

NicholasMukuha

ForumCoin: 18

Postby raaman » 30 Aug 2017, 06:01

SwayBusiness wrote:I've been working to make money off the internet since my first year.

Have you been successful?

raaman

Postby sommax » 30 Aug 2017, 20:50

Social media certainly had distracted students from their education, especially on the issue of online money making. Everybody wants to make it without going through the rigorous activities associated with education.

sommax

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 70

Postby chekdn » 01 Sep 2017, 20:11

I agree with you, but you shouldn't generalized it. Some might have good motives using social media. Example, advertising whatever they are offering in other to fend for theirselves and buy little stuffs needed in school. For some, their parents may pay their fees and then leave them with other little things to do for theirselves, not because the parents don't want to, but because they don't have much money. This can have direct effect on their education.

However, there are these types of students to would rather use their spare time to invade social media with wrong motives.

chekdn

ForumCoin: 406

Postby raaman » 02 Sep 2017, 10:11

SUPERSINGH wrote:Social Networking websites have some pros as well and these should be used properly.

What are those so called 'pros'? Can you name them at least one or two, if not many? And if at all any 'pro' is there, can you suggest how it can be used properly?

raaman

Postby Bamidelewood » 02 Sep 2017, 13:25

it's true students engage them selves in online dating, and online making money but 1 thing is teenage that engage them selves in online making money are usually corrupt but those ones who engage them selves in making money is encouraging, because they are planning for their future and ibe earned about teens who made millions online, don't you think that's encouraging?

Bamidelewood
Banned

ForumCoin: 18

Postby Kakfat » 03 Sep 2017, 15:20

You are right @ OP, social media is a serious addiction to youths such that they are so carried away with chats and pictures uploads

Kakfat

ForumCoin: 9

Postby mildredtabitha » 08 Sep 2017, 17:48

They need enough money to sustain themselves so they can concentrate in school. :D

mildredtabitha

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 2

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology