*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet, social networking and other technology

Re: Social Media on students

Postby ahmedo24 » 05 Oct 2017, 15:07

@chekdn, thanks for your opinion, I agree with you but I had to generalized because majority of the students are affected only few are making good use of the social media.

ahmedo24

Referrals: 52
ForumCoin: 3

Postby anorona » 15 Oct 2017, 09:15

ahmedo24 wrote:Most students who needs money to sustain themselves while in school don't waste or concentrate more on social media but they plan the time they spend online to hit their target

yes I agree. Especially now that there can even work by means of phone, it is much easier.

anorona

ForumCoin: 308

Postby angelrosei » 22 Oct 2017, 16:32

I'm actually a college student and yes, I do spend a lot of time on social media, especially on instagram since I have a good amount of followers. But I'm also a pre-med student and my grades are actually great. I'm on here trying to make extra cash, I'm also looking forward to selling clothes soon on depop. It's just a matter of priorities and I've learned how to manage my time since most of it is actually spent in front of books.

angelrosei

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 160

Postby chekdn » 22 Oct 2017, 18:52

angelrosei wrote:I'm actually a college student and yes, I do spend a lot of time on social media, especially on instagram since I have a good amount of followers. But I'm also a pre-med student and my grades are actually great. I'm on here trying to make extra cash, I'm also looking forward to selling clothes soon on depop. It's just a matter of priorities and I've learned how to manage my time since most of it is actually spent in front of books.

It is good that you have found a way to balance this. I think the problem normally arises when one is unable to set priorities like you have understood.

chekdn

ForumCoin: 406

Postby hamzazubair » 22 Oct 2017, 19:33

Social media definitely plays a huge role of distraction of students in schools & colleges. I've seen this infront of my own eyes. People who used to top in their results and used to get many awards have stopped topping or getting any awards due to the excessive use of social media. It's alarming, really!

hamzazubair
Banned

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 113

Postby aecel » 29 Dec 2017, 14:17

I couldn't agree more students nowadays are so crazy about social media platforms. Millenials are very active using their smartphones to access their social accounts. They're more busy interacting with their friends in online rather studying at school and at home. We can't blame them because it's a trend now and technology is evolving every year.

aecel

ForumCoin: 391

Postby Chameli » 29 Dec 2017, 20:41

Everything has a bad side and a good side. It is your problem if you do not see its good side and get involved with bad side. Social media can be a great help to student.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Postby ahmedo24 » 30 Dec 2017, 00:27

mildredtabitha wrote:They need enough money to sustain themselves so they can concentrate in school. :D

Yea ,i know that but if they have target of making the little they need for sustainance and face their study is better than taking it as full time job

ahmedo24

Referrals: 52
ForumCoin: 3

Postby Chameli » 20 Mar 2018, 22:04

aecel wrote:I couldn't agree more students nowadays are so crazy about social media platforms. Millenials are very active using their smartphones to access their social accounts. They're more busy interacting with their friends in online rather studying at school and at home. We can't blame them because it's a trend now and technology is evolving every year.

LIke I said earlier, everything has a good and bad side, I see a positive side of social media. The students can interact with the peers, they can even start to learn internet marketing early on.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Postby JiLLian » 21 Mar 2018, 17:20

True. Many students are so much addicted to social media nowadays. Parents should be vigilant in taking care of their children. We cannot trust the young generation anymore. We should check who their friends are and what they've been doing.

JiLLian

ForumCoin: 7

Postby Pradhan » 21 Mar 2018, 17:31

Maximum social media users are students in my country.The students are spent lots of time on the social media network.The student does not earn from here.But the student visits social media networks every day.It is good or bad affects our generations.It is very annoying matter at the moment.Technology is very disgusting often.I do not want to tell the technology is bad.We can not properly use it.That is our wrong. :crazy:

Pradhan

ForumCoin: 22

Postby mlgena1037 » 21 Mar 2018, 17:44

Social media can either be a friend or a foe. It has its advantages and disadvantages. My take on this is that students must lessen interaction in social media and have an actual interaction, which can lead to higher commitments and more participation in school academics. It is not good that students be focused on social media.

mlgena1037

ForumCoin: 53

Postby Kei » 22 Mar 2018, 21:05

Social media is a virtual tool for everyone and anyone. The outcome is what you make of it. It isn't a general thing even though it appears to be so relatively. Everything including exposure works in moderation.

Kei

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 229

Postby sprit2017 » 08 Apr 2018, 18:15

I agree with you. They don't have time to learn because they are busy with dating. They don't commit enough. They spend too much time online, wasting their time. I think they have enough time for dating and online earnings later in life.

sprit2017

ForumCoin: 380

Postby Kei » 11 Apr 2018, 07:17

I don't think that is is relative for all of them. While I was in college, I did a lot of socializing on the media but it didn't in any way affect my grades. I think social media is a tool that wields to however you use it.

Kei

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 229

PreviousNext

Your Ad Here.

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology