*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet, social networking and other technology

Re: Laptop versus desktop

Postby simplyfred » 26 Jul 2018, 21:47

I think they both performed the same but the advantage of Laptop is that we can carry it everywhere. What I have is a desktop though.

simplyfred

ForumCoin: 7

Banner Ad

Postby beriut » 27 Jul 2018, 10:00

Laptop can be very costly whenever it has hardware damages. The cost of repairs might want you to consider just buying new.

beriut

ForumCoin: 81

Postby riddy09 » 27 Jul 2018, 23:50

beriut wrote:Laptop can be very costly whenever it has hardware damages. The cost of repairs might want you to consider just buying new.

I agree. The parts to be replaced like the LCD screen will cost you the same or better buy brand new one. Same to its battery that is very expensive. So if battery is damaged, you can consider to just use with the charger on.

riddy09

ForumCoin: 445

Postby carloskasper » 01 Aug 2018, 03:45

obvilous desktop will be better than laptop forever

carloskasper
Banned

ForumCoin: 112

Postby beriut » 01 Aug 2018, 08:57

There are lots of laptops now that are as good or even better than desktops, maybe desktop will be obsolete very soon just basing with the fast growth of development of technologies nowadays.

beriut

Postby TD231 » 01 Aug 2018, 09:07

If you are an entrepreneur and/or student who needs to have his computer with him often, then Laptop is an obvious choice.

If you want a gaming computer, PC is an obvious choice, as laptops still aren't on that level (of course you have laptops that can be a gaming computer but they are way more expensive then PCs.)

TD231

ForumCoin: 35

Postby beriut » 01 Aug 2018, 10:25

I play steam games on my laptop and I can say it is as good as playing on my desktop. I just needed to plug another keyboard on my laptop for a better gaming and also not to damage my laptop's keyboard. Overall, yes i agree that desktop is still best for gaming.

beriut

Postby kavinitu » 01 Aug 2018, 10:53

Laptops are more convenient nowadays but they don't feel that comfortable as you get on the desktop specially if you are a gamer. You can't replace the the external keyboard, mouse, monitor in a laptop if they malfunction as we can on a desktop. The only thing that you can replace easily in a laptop is the battery which is way to costlier and people prefer selling out their laptops instead of spending money on the batteries.

kavinitu

ForumCoin: 50

Postby carloskasper » 02 Aug 2018, 02:11

of couse desktop is better than laptop

carloskasper
Banned

ForumCoin: 112

Postby rakski » 23 Aug 2018, 12:09

I prefer laptop as you can bring it anywhere possible. It gives you mobility than when using the desktop.

rakski

ForumCoin: 657

Postby A K Rao » 25 Aug 2018, 03:21

Apart from portability the most added advantage with laptop is that it is connected with a battery so in case of power failure we don't have the problem of losing the data with which we are working on and we have sufficient time to finish the work if battery is getting drained! I like this feature most in any laptop!

A K Rao

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 1,168

Postby Rosalin » 06 Nov 2018, 13:38

I have used both.. But I prefer laptop because it's more convenient, easy to carry anywhere, you don't have to sit at one place to use the device. And now foldable laptops are available which is even more handy and easy to use. Desktop has various hardware parts like CPU, UPS etc. You have to maintain all these things.. It's little difficult to repair and not that convenient to use.

Rosalin

ForumCoin: 374

Postby jobless dude » 06 Nov 2018, 15:19

I am comfortable with laptop for online works. I prefer to use mobile phones during night time.

jobless dude

ForumCoin: 15

Postby anjabakker » 06 Nov 2018, 20:13

Laptop versus desktop

For me it has to be a laptop. It's portable, can be used almost everywhere as long as there's electricity preferably wifi.

If you have lots of material to store (like video) more memory is handy. Traditionally the desktop is best to use for adding more memory but nowadays the Cloud can be used for that as well but depending on how much memory you need it can get expensive.

In the end the choice has to suit the livestyle... Do you prefer to work in one spot or do you prefer to be flexible and stream stuff while you're in the bath and edit while having a coffee on a terrace.

Yeah, for me it definitely has to be a laptop...

anjabakker

ForumCoin: 14

Postby Abigael » 07 Nov 2018, 06:45

I prefer a laptop to desktop too. Both are equally useful but a laptop is more convenient as you can carry it wherever you want and use it whenever you want to.

Abigael

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 11

PreviousNext

Your Ad Here.

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology