ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet and other technology

5 things that makes Linux better than any OS.

Postby Aveatrex » 07 Jan 2017, 19:20

Hello ForumCoin community,
The subject this article turns around is Linux operating system.
I'm going to show you why Linux OS is way better than any other OS such as windows,mac os,android etc...

1-OpenSource
As the subtitle says Linux is 100% opensource that mean you can customize it as much as you want,make your own version of it,modify the OS codes etc....
2-Less performance usage
Yes linux has no graphical interface that means the comsumption of cpu,gpu and ram will be much less than other operating systems,even though some linux versions has graphical interface but it's still not consuming as much as windows does.
3-Utilisation
Linux is webmasters/developpers beloved operating system.
Also there is a version of linux named Kali Linux that gather all penetration/hacking softwares so it is alot used from developpers and webmasters to test out their web security,password security etc....
WARNING/DISCLAIMER:Kali linux is made for education purpose only,using it to hack others without their permission is a fraud and punished by law.I'm not responsible of your acts nor i insist you to use it.Use it are your own risk.
4-Capacity
Yes,linux is kinda small and won't take you much space on your hard disk,you can even install it on a boot-able USB flash and run it on a pc that's in case you are already running another OS or have problems with your harddisk.
5-Security
Linux is more secure and more fast than any other OS and that's because you are free to add anything on it such as custome scripts,vpn,change mac adress etc...
Disclaimer:This doesn't mean that linux will give you the ability to practive illegal activities.
That's it guys,please tell me bellow what do you think and tell me your favorite operating system.
Best Regards
Ave

Invest 5$ get 6$,with 0.01$ profit/day for each 5$ you invest,that means if you invest 500$ on adpacks you get your 500$ back +100$ profit=600$
All with payment proofs!Trusted ptc,Serious on netbuisnessrating
Join now!
Aveatrex

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 41

Re: 5 things that makes Linux better than any OS.

Postby MeowsePad » 08 Jan 2017, 02:08

I would love to use Linux, and I have tried many times. It just has such a big learning curve. While I'm confident that I could learn to use it, I'm not sure that I want to learn it. It's a big mountain to climb.

MeowsePad
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 66

Postby Aveatrex » 08 Jan 2017, 21:20

Ofcoure it is but i find it fun to learn about linux it makes things way more harder per example if you want to open a folder on windows you just have to double click on it while on linux there is a command for that everything has it charms

Invest 5$ get 6$,with 0.01$ profit/day for each 5$ you invest,that means if you invest 500$ on adpacks you get your 500$ back +100$ profit=600$
Join now!
Aveatrex

Postby Fergal » 09 Jan 2017, 17:47

Moving topic to more appropriate forum section!

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 16,666

Postby oldbuddy » 09 Jan 2017, 22:51

MeowsePad wrote:I would love to use Linux, and I have tried many times. It just has such a big learning curve. While I'm confident that I could learn to use it, I'm not sure that I want to learn it. It's a big mountain to climb.

Take a look at PCLinuxOS with the Mate desktop and it should look a lot more like Windows for you.

Get PAID Gold to Post Photos and Comments
Join FREE, then VALIDATE and Stay Active!
CICK HERE to Give This New Community a Try!
oldbuddy

Referrals: 24
ForumCoin: 169

Postby germainebull » 10 Jan 2017, 08:04

Thanks for your informative post Aveatrex.

I'm a Windows user, by default. I want to clarify some matter: Compared to Windows, does Linux have the same/or comparable capabilities?

germainebull

Referrals: 30
ForumCoin: -66

Postby skysnap » 10 Jan 2017, 08:08

Only problem with linux is that it lacks some industry standard apps. Even using them with crossover and similar other ways is not going to be easy. For example, I use camtasia, every single day. And recording is breeze with that on Windows and mac. But linux there are simply no good apps that can match camtasia. No matter which flavor of linux you use, the app seems to be an issue.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 1,466

Postby oldbuddy » 10 Jan 2017, 17:08

skysnap wrote:Only problem with linux is that it lacks some industry standard apps. Even using them with crossover and similar other ways is not going to be easy. For example, I use camtasia, every single day. And recording is breeze with that on Windows and mac. But linux there are simply no good apps that can match camtasia. No matter which flavor of linux you use, the app seems to be an issue.

Since most of the people reading this can't afford the $300 it costs for Camtasia, it is a mute point. However, there are screen recording software solutions that work on Linux, just not as good. There are also online solutions that work through your browser.

Get PAID Gold to Post Photos and Comments
Join FREE, then VALIDATE and Stay Active!
CICK HERE to Give This New Community a Try!
oldbuddy

Referrals: 24
ForumCoin: 169

Postby skysnap » 10 Jan 2017, 17:40

Tried all of those options. I had one channel on youtube on how to survive with linux. It was hard on audio side no editing options. After sometime I removed videos and closed channel. Later learned that most of the videos we see on youtube related to linux are under virtual machine of windows or mac (virtualbox or vmware). 300$ is for small business and indvidua. I got it under students license, 100$ price for that version. I am sure students still have access to that discount.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 1,466

Postby Aveatrex » 10 Jan 2017, 23:45

Vmware isn't worthed in my opinion linux on boot-able usb flash is way better

Join now!
Aveatrex

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology