ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet and other technology

Robots Fight for Human Jobs

Postby jampabhai » 25 Dec 2016, 15:09

China is a manufacturing powerhouse ever since USA started a trade deal with it. Chine had a double digit growth figure over two decades and virtually from toothbrush to hi tech gadgets are manufactured in china.

But recent advances in robotics meant a bad news for china’s workforce, Robots have started to compete with the workforce. According to the industry news in the year 2015 only 22,257 robotic machines that are meant to be used in the assembly lines where manufactured.

But this year sadly the number has increased three times to 68000 and it is inching to 70000. This 300% growth is meant to have dramatic job cuts in the months to come.

jampabhai

Referrals: 9
ForumCoin: -16

Re: Robots Fight for Human Jobs

Postby raaman » 25 Dec 2016, 15:33

Good information but a bad news. At the same time, because of automation, such things are likely to happen.

raaman

ForumCoin: 832

Postby chikitta » 25 Dec 2016, 17:08

Oohh this is definitely not good news to anyone who works in the cooperate world. Just the thought of thinking that robots will take over the jobs of millions of people is very sad indeed.

chikitta

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 236

Postby jampabhai » 26 Dec 2016, 03:53

chikitta wrote:Oohh this is definitely not good news to anyone who works in the cooperate world. Just the thought of thinking that robots will take over the jobs of millions of people is very sad indeed.

yes you are right, we should be worried and take some steps too, by not so much depending on machines.

jampabhai

Postby germainebull » 26 Dec 2016, 06:33

I just hope that China will not seduce governments in Africa to procure these robots. Such move would mean loss of livelihoods for millions.

germainebull

Referrals: 30
ForumCoin: 8

Postby jampabhai » 26 Dec 2016, 07:13

yes that is the main thing.

jampabhai

Postby thisnthat » 26 Dec 2016, 17:16

The more talk there is of raising the minimum wage, the more of this I expect to see. Many companies are already trying to automate what they can. While they can't go fully automated (at least not now), I'm sure it's led to great savings. Just look at Walmart style self-checkouts. One person mans about 8 of those things, instead of having to pay 8 cashiers.

thisnthat

ForumCoin: 210

Postby peachpurple » 01 Jan 2017, 03:32

it is sad that in the near future that humans are running out of jobs when robots replace them.

Technology isn't a good thing after all

makes human useless and jobless

peachpurple

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 368

Postby Fergal » 04 Jan 2017, 17:52

I read just today about how Amazon has 45,000 robots working in its warehouse. The amount of jobs those robots are replacing is quite a frightening thought.

Moving topic to more appropriate forum section!

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 15,790

Postby germainebull » 05 Jan 2017, 12:43

I think it is counterproductive for China to manufacture and use such robots. While these robots may reduce operation costs, they will inevitably deny millions of Chinese citizens of jobs.

germainebull

Postby grecy0905 » 05 Jan 2017, 19:58

Yes it could run for a year or more but they still need manpower, like the manpower that are human being. Computer is not perfect at all and we have been using machine for quite a long time and had proven not perfect. There are still jobs for human beings that will come out.

grecy0905

Referrals: 11
ForumCoin: 353

Postby germainebull » 06 Jan 2017, 12:10

grecy0905 wrote:Yes it could run for a year or more but they still need manpower, like the manpower that are human being. Computer is not perfect at all and we have been using machine for quite a long time and had proven not perfect. There are still jobs for human beings that will come out.

I wish I was as optimistic as you.
The automation bug has not yet hit my country. But, as I reflect on this matter, I can't help but shudder at the thought of the millions of citizens who would be rendered jobless in case robots are employed for the many jobs currently being performed by human beings!

germainebull

Postby agape » 10 Jan 2017, 16:20

You are correct bull. Certain jobs may be lost forever, at least in some areas of the world.

agape

ForumCoin: -2

Postby germainebull » 20 Jan 2017, 08:57

At this rate, I guess it'll be difficult for most humans to earn a living in, say, 2050. This is unless some groundbreaking innovation is made before then.

germainebull

Postby earthsalt » 20 Jan 2017, 12:00

germainebull wrote:At this rate, I guess it'll be difficult for most humans to earn a living in, say, 2050. This is unless some groundbreaking innovation is made before then.

I think you do not have to be worried. Human beings have repeatedly proven to have the capacity to handle adversities. I am sure we will sail through in case a catastrophe happens.

earthsalt
Banned

ForumCoin: 80

Next

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology