New: Contest June 1 to June 30 - Prize 100 FC Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet, social networking and other technology

This 87 year old grandma has been dedicated to her virtual town for 4 years

Postby fergus1234 » 11 Feb 2019, 15:18

The 87 year old grandma from this video is a fan of animal crossing. It's a 3ds game where you are Mayor of a town where the residents are cute cartoonish animals. Most people who plays this game abandon their town when a new sequel or a new game comes around but this Grandma has been taking care of her virtual town for 4 years and she have names for every resident too.

When her 3ds got broken she got sad that she cannot continue running her town but a kind person from Germany sent her a brand new 3ds and her grandson managed to transfer her save game files to the new 3ds. Now she can play her town again.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 1,302

Re: This 87 year old grandma has been dedicated to her virtual town for 4 years

Postby Allius » 11 Feb 2019, 19:27

What an interesting history :)
I believe her town has a great value for her. She created a connection with the game (she even gave a name for the residents).
Nowadays we have so much games and different distractions that's difficult we create that kind of strong connections...

Allius
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 532

Postby fergus1234 » 12 Feb 2019, 10:48

She was broken hearted when her 3ds got broken, Lucky for her, her game progress was transferred to a new one. This Grandma should be starting a career on streaming. I love her stories for her each villagers.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 1,302

Postby iamdahmmy » 12 Feb 2019, 13:14

Wow..I guess she has a connection with the game...I love this

iamdahmmy

ForumCoin: 322

Postby Lushh » 12 Feb 2019, 16:04

It's a happy and inspiring story. I like how the game kept her active and entertained too. Thanks to the stranger who helped her to continue the work on her town.

Lushh

ForumCoin: 26

Postby MysticMoons » 12 Feb 2019, 20:09

That is amazing dedication to a game! She should live stream her gaming, and show off her virtual city. This is a great story, to see how gaming has changed many people's lives. Video games are like the new toys for this generation.

Get paid to play video games from home! Over 1000 dollars earned for me. Pays Worldwide! With paypal. Watch the video below to learn how
https://bit.tube/play?hash=QmU5aofM6SkCBfwr2HejPhvivm6UyZaf1ZgEcmbTTbZft2&channel=258490
MysticMoons

ForumCoin: 100

Postby sofs » 13 Feb 2019, 12:09

Wow that is a touching story. I guess her old world values are strong in her even thought its just a virtual town. I am glad that she is alert and is keeping herself busy. I would love to be like that at her age.

sofs

ForumCoin: 2,610

Postby Ggemezz98 » 14 Feb 2019, 10:42

wow it's a great story am really touched

Ggemezz98
Banned

ForumCoin: 12

Postby Tendz » 18 Feb 2019, 14:54

That's truly an amazing story. The enthusiasm she puts in taking care of her virtual world is all in all inspiring. Bless her and bless the kind person from Germany who helped her in recreating her virtual world

Tendz

ForumCoin: 1,023

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology