*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet, social networking and other technology

how to make pc battery last longer

Postby ayoubmarka » 21 Jun 2018, 11:11

I'm wondring how to improve my laptop battery life . it become shorter than it was . it was 2.5 hours but lately it become's only 1 hour .

ayoubmarka

ForumCoin: 128

Banner Ad

Re: how to make pc battery last longer

Postby Margareth1993 » 22 Jun 2018, 17:27

How long is it your laptop or battery? Maybe you should replace it for a new one. Batteries are disposable and last only around 3-5 years and after that you should replace it a new one. Then if you don't still want to buy a new one you may install some application to longer the life of your battery or reduce some apps that you are using to lessen the consumption of your battery.

Margareth1993

ForumCoin: 232

Postby OldGuy » 22 Jun 2018, 21:33

My most recent laptop has an energy saver program. According to the information that came with it, keeping the battery fully charged all the time shortens the life of the battery. This program only brings the battery up to 60% charge in "conservative mode" while it remains plugged in most of the time.

If I want to take my computer somewhere to use it on battery, I can disable the conservative mode to bring the battery to full charge in advance and then use it for several hours at a remote location.

I have noticed that this does seem to make a difference. Even though this computer is now 5 years old, the battery seems to hold as long now as it did when new, as long as I remember to charge it up before going out.

Based on this experience, keeping a battery at full charge burns it out a lot sooner. Just don't charge it beyond 60% unless you are going to use your computer in remote locations.

OldGuy

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 1,657

Postby Netherrealmer » 23 Jun 2018, 03:34

If you will just use it at home, Just use it while it is plugged. If you will use it outside,Just lower the graphics quality.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 2,558

Postby cinderella » 23 Jun 2018, 03:42

OldGuy wrote:My most recent laptop has an energy saver program. According to the information that came with it, keeping the battery fully charged all the time shortens the life of the battery. This program only brings the battery up to 60% charge in "conservative mode" while it remains plugged in most of the time.

If I want to take my computer somewhere to use it on battery, I can disable the conservative mode to bring the battery to full charge in advance and then use it for several hours at a remote location.

I have noticed that this does seem to make a difference. Even though this computer is now 5 years old, the battery seems to hold as long now as it did when new, as long as I remember to charge it up before going out.

Based on this experience, keeping a battery at full charge burns it out a lot sooner. Just don't charge it beyond 60% unless you are going to use your computer in remote locations.

My new laptop also has this feature. I already set my laptop to energy saving mode to see if this is effective. My other laptop is also 3 years old and the battery is still good.

cinderella

Referrals: 9
ForumCoin: 512

Postby ceci » 23 Jun 2018, 03:53

cinderella wrote:
OldGuy wrote:My most recent laptop has an energy saver program. According to the information that came with it, keeping the battery fully charged all the time shortens the life of the battery. This program only brings the battery up to 60% charge in "conservative mode" while it remains plugged in most of the time.

My new laptop also has this feature. I already set my laptop to energy saving mode to see if this is effective. My other laptop is also 3 years old and the battery is still good.

Agree, we have to do so for make the battery long last a bit, what brand is sissy using?

ceci

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 26

Postby rcgydvc » 23 Jun 2018, 10:18

Making your laptop battery last longer is to reduce the energy consumption or set it to energy saving mode.
This reduce the backlight time and others battery consuming functions

rcgydvc
Banned

ForumCoin: 20

Postby augusta » 24 Jun 2018, 05:46

I try not to install so many apps there eat up the battery energy and I try to use mine when there's light.but worn out battery will never last.

augusta

ForumCoin: 6

Postby ahmedo24 » 25 Jun 2018, 06:30

@oldguy has given a very good point and I am sure it is followed it will help and very likely this could be applicable to mobile phones too

ahmedo24

Referrals: 52
ForumCoin: 3

Your Ad Here.

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology