ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet and other technology

The Tragedy of Plants vs Zombies

Postby fergus1234 » 13 Jun 2018, 10:02

Back in 2009, There was a small company named Popcap. They make fun PC games like Peggle,bejeweled and Zuma. Their Biggest successful though is Plants Vs Zombies.

For a small Indie game it became huge and people of all ages played it. I remember even senior citizens played it like crazy.

The designer of the game is a Popcap Employee named George Fan. When he created the game it is a cheap game that is worth buying because it is a complete game with high replay value. For $10.00 you have an addictive game created with love and dedication.

Then there is this evil Billion dollar corporation named EA. EA decided to buy popcap so they will become the owner of Plants vs Zombies. At first the Popcap employees are happy because they will now work at a Billion Dollar company. This could be the big break they wait for....

Guess what? EA fired all of them. Popcap under EA have new employees and they quit making PC games.All Popcap games are now for Ios and Android. The sequel of Plants vs Zombies is a free to play game.... Sounds like fun right? Nope the game is very hard and to make the game actually fun to play you will have to Pay money to get the stronger characters. So the money fans spent on Plants vs zombies 2 are higher than 1st game created by George Fan. Plants vs zombies 2 is not as fun because it doesn't have the love, care and dedication George Fan have, All it is a money grab that pretends to be free. It is basically paid to win.

Last edited by fergus1234 on 13 Jun 2018, 18:24, edited 3 times in total.
fergus1234

ForumCoin: 30

Re: The Tragedy of Plants vs Zombies

Postby mrki444 » 13 Jun 2018, 12:34

Many Products broke when they are sold to big Companies. Plants and Zombies is just one of them.

mrki444

ForumCoin: 1,101

Postby cinderella » 13 Jun 2018, 12:58

I was once played this game but eventually stopped playing it because I realized I have more important things to do. I started playing some online games but not so serious about it. I became more active in online earning activities. I didn't know the story behind this game and it's a good thing that you shared it here in FC.

cinderella

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 569

Postby fergus1234 » 14 Jun 2018, 11:38

mrki444 wrote:Many Products broke when they are sold to big Companies. Plants and Zombies is just one of them.

The Owner of Popcap should have think about the employees who created their games. :| the game is doing well as a standalone full game you can buy. Turning it into a "Pay to win" pretending to be "free to play" ruined the game. There is a reason why the sequel is not popular.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 30

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology