ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet and other technology

Phone non-removable battery

Postby germainebull » 12 Mar 2018, 08:54

I'm thinking of buying a phone.
I've however discovered that the Nokia 2, my preferred device, comes with a non-removable battery.
Given that phone batteries usually spoil, thus necessitating replacement, I'm hesitant about going for this model.

I thus need you advice on the pros and cons of a non-removable battery.
Further, if possible, please comment on the Nokia 2 in particular.

germainebull

Referrals: 32
ForumCoin: 473

Re: Phone non-removable battery

Postby darrensurrey » 12 Mar 2018, 09:36

You should be able to find a video on YT about how to replace a battery. I have no idea why manufacturers make it impossible to change a battery without having to take a phone apart (as opposed to simply popping the caseback off with a fingernail) - apart from to screw you for more money.

darrensurrey

ForumCoin: 370

Postby mrki444 » 12 Mar 2018, 18:20

If that model is not supporting remove battery, than better choose new model.

mrki444

ForumCoin: 1,089

Postby mdarh411 » 12 Mar 2018, 19:08

I think, it's not impossible to change bettery. Please take your mobile into mobile mechanic shop. If they have available bettery, they will change it instant. Or they'll take 3 days to change this.

mdarh411

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 60

Postby germainebull » 13 Mar 2018, 12:01

darrensurrey wrote:You should be able to find a video on YT about how to replace a battery. I have no idea why manufacturers make it impossible to change a battery without having to take a phone apart (as opposed to simply popping the caseback off with a fingernail) - apart from to screw you for more money.

Your post is a useful eyeopener.
I was at a complete loss as to how a phone could have a non-removable battery.
Now I know this is due to a 'not so smart' decision by manufacturers.

germainebull

Referrals: 32
ForumCoin: 473

Postby chikitta » 13 Mar 2018, 16:52

I have had a phone with a non removable battery they are good yes when they are still in operation but when the battery life dies you can say goodbye to it because removing the battery will mean dismantling the whole thing and we know too well what that does to a phone. The best thing to do is to just get one that has a removable battery.

chikitta

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 46

Postby metsrock69 » 13 Mar 2018, 22:55

The phone I currently have is a samsung galaxy and the battery is sealed. The only way to change the battery is to bring it to a retailer store of the company that you have your contract with. If you have a prepaid plan, Go to any electronic store and they should be able to help you with any question you might have :)

metsrock69

ForumCoin: 936

Postby ahmedo24 » 17 Mar 2018, 07:05

Most of the mounted battery phones can also be replaced if it get spoilt

ahmedo24

Referrals: 24
ForumCoin: 315

Postby ceci » 17 Mar 2018, 07:31

But most of the battery are non replaced directly now, we need to get some technician to open the back of handphone and replace it.

ceci

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 2,173

Postby ahmedo24 » 03 Apr 2018, 06:03

I wouldn't want to remove the battery so I am following instructions about charging the battery.

ahmedo24

Referrals: 24
ForumCoin: 315

Postby Allius » 11 Apr 2018, 16:05

I don't know why, but some smartphone models don't have removable batteries :( I don't like that because replace the battery are harder... I don't have a smartphone like that but have a tablet... and the batteries of my tablet swelled :lol:
I opened the tablet and removed the batteries... now I work with the tablet with no batteries (only conected to ac).
However when that happen with a smartphone, probably the best solution solution is buy another smartphone... or find someone who know how to replace it...

Allius
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 95

Postby ruthmongare » 01 Jun 2018, 20:41

My phone is also having a non-removable battery and I really regret having bought this phone and I won't recommend anyone to buy such a phone.

ruthmongare

ForumCoin: 275

Postby metsrock69 » 01 Jun 2018, 22:00

I just upgraded to a google pixel. This also has a non removable battery. I guess it is their way of either making you upgrade to a newer phone or buy a battery from a store that has to put the battery in for you :)

metsrock69

ForumCoin: 936

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology