ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet, social networking and other technology

Re: Do you save passwords in browser?

Postby mrki444 » 12 Jan 2018, 10:09

Good choice. I have saved for PayPal to but I also remember it since it's most importan password to me.

mrki444

ForumCoin: 345

Postby lupandina » 12 Jan 2018, 10:17

I saved only those, there are 2fa additional. I was robbed one time (someone logged in my account and withdraw 70$), from that event I'm more careful with passwords and accounts.

lupandina

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 107

Postby thisnthat » 12 Jan 2018, 14:46

I do if it's something I'm not too concerned about, but not for banking info, etc. I was using a password manager, but it broke when Firefox was updated. Now, all my passwords are saved on various sites, and no matter how many times I change it manually, the old one still appears (and then says I'm using the wrong password). So, it's a pain to put them all in manually every time I clear cookies and such.

I need to set up a (better) password manager.

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 377

Postby mrki444 » 12 Jan 2018, 21:58

lupandina wrote:I saved only those, there are 2fa additional. I was robbed one time (someone logged in my account and withdraw 70$), from that event I'm more careful with passwords and accounts.

What is second part authentification? Text on mobile or some code on email?

mrki444

Postby germainebull » 13 Jan 2018, 05:45

OldGuy wrote:Think initials and come up with your own system.

A valid suggestion.
But, if some devious third party gets hold of some of your personal documents such as IDs, they can guess your initials-based password.

germainebull

Referrals: 33
ForumCoin: 45

Postby mrki444 » 13 Jan 2018, 12:04

Passwords should be different since if they are similar, than you can have problems with every site.

mrki444

Postby sager » 13 Jan 2018, 18:25

Yes, I am lazy. I also use Google Chrome sign in to keep my stuff for myself. I do not see much of a problem in that. First, i can easily gain control back thanks to mobile verification. Second, passwords that lead to sensitive data or not stored anywhere but in my head and are hard enough to make a simple guess by regular cracking programs. I kind of feel I am safe.
The few times I got my passwords stolen was was on social media sites, like Facebook. Not really surprised there. And I didn't use Facebook for half a year :crazy:

After losing a ton of important data from my dead hard drive I do not care for losing anything else. On the internet, in life. You cannot hold onto your savings and possessions hard enough to keep them no matter what. Yes, I got all spiritual thanks to a dead hard drive :lol:

sager

ForumCoin: 88

Postby Angie10 » 13 Jan 2018, 19:12

I try not to when it's money-related but some I do save. The problem I have with saving passwords is that I end up forgetting what they are and whenever I need to sign in away from my computer, I can never ever remember them.

Angie10

Referrals: 4
ForumCoin: 33

Postby Silvermist » 14 Jan 2018, 04:33

I used to save the passwords of some sites in the browser earlier.But these days I do not.I never save passwords of money related sites(like Paypal) in the browser,those and the new site passwords I have written down in a small book.Mostly I try to remember them.

Silvermist

ForumCoin: 983

Postby shaan228 » 14 Jan 2018, 06:28

It always better to note down the passwords in a book than saving it. Its not recommended to save passwords online

shaan228

ForumCoin: 473

Postby mrki444 » 16 Jan 2018, 15:15

But if you don't have note with you than it's better have them somewhere online.

mrki444

Postby holdoors » 18 Jan 2018, 02:05

For security purposes, I do not do so as I do send PC to repair or maintenance sometimes.

holdoors

ForumCoin: 329

Postby priestos » 18 Jan 2018, 09:42

This bad idea. Internet browser is very risky ...

priestos

ForumCoin: 7

Postby sprit2017 » 19 Jan 2018, 18:36

I don't save passwords in browser, I always note them down somewhere.

sprit2017

ForumCoin: 75

Postby BJHB » 20 Jan 2018, 04:30

I always do so. My all passwords are saved in password manager of the browser. But now, after reading your post I should delete the data from the browser, and also never again I will save passwords.

BJHB

Referrals: 5
ForumCoin: 52

PreviousNext

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology