ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet and other technology

How to stay safe on the Internet?

Postby SuncicaZ » 28 Sep 2017, 20:52

Here, I want to share with you some tips about safety on the Internet. First, put different passwords on different sites where you have accounts. Next, put some very difficult passwords. Be careful what are you sharing, do not share your phone or you address.

SuncicaZ

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 469

Re: How to stay safe on the Internet?

Postby Musati » 19 Nov 2017, 17:33

Just avoid giving out a lot of information c9ncerning your personal life and finances.

Musati

ForumCoin: 109

Postby blair » 19 Nov 2017, 18:30

I thought I was cool with giving out my phone number until lately I was receiving unwanted promotional text messages. I know these sites that I signed up to gave away my personal details to a marketing company which is kind of annoying. I also no longer let my browser remember my password just to be safe.

blair

ForumCoin: 274

Postby Lexi » 19 Nov 2017, 23:47

I would also cover up your webcam just in case. Many tech people do this as a precaution because you just don't know when it is accessed. Some sites automatically ask for a webcam and you can get caught out!

Lexi

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 511

Postby verity » 20 Nov 2017, 03:21

Hello thanks for sharing and Advice ! but i think its not the only one, a lot more to do like installing a software Anti virus! :D

verity

ForumCoin: 259

Postby ruthmongare » 21 Nov 2017, 19:27

I disagree with the first two..having hard or easy passwords don't protect us in any way but the last one is okay.

ruthmongare

ForumCoin: 471

Postby Fergal » 22 Nov 2017, 19:46

ruthmongare wrote:having hard or easy passwords don't protect us in any way

I do take your point that having a strong password doesn't guarantee your security and that there is a lot more to cyber security protection than strong passwords. However, If someone wants to hack into your email address it will be a lot more difficult for them to do so if your password is something like "u+7)T5Rue" rather than "letmein".

Fergal
Site Admin

ForumCoin: 9,629

Postby Little Mage » 30 Nov 2017, 19:38

one way to stay safe is also to not tell anyone your e mail or user names, unless you knows them personally :D ;) <3 <3 <3 <3

Little Mage

ForumCoin: 452

Postby DenisHero » 03 Dec 2017, 19:39

Avoid giving personal datas and sensitive info. Regarding your IP,you can switch to a VPN connection.

DenisHero

ForumCoin: 23

Postby SHOHANA » 04 Dec 2017, 06:47

we just need to maintain our privacy and we can easily stay safe have privacy protections

SHOHANA

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 506

Postby jack888 » 06 Dec 2017, 15:03

you have to normal as usual , but at the same time should not tell anybody about your information like what's your real name and where do you live and so on.

jack888
Banned

ForumCoin: 29

Postby trendjing » 07 Dec 2017, 04:44

The use of internet can be helpful and at the same time, it can be misuse as well. In order to prevent hackers or online viruses, upon opening emails, you should remember first if you are subscribed to those. If you opened it, do not just click the link right away. Check if it is secured by seeing the "https://". To be sure, better not open anything if you are in doubt.

You can also change passwords once in a while. Another is avoid giving personal information that can track you down easily.

trendjing

ForumCoin: 40

Postby zaib001 » 08 Dec 2017, 11:23

:ugeek: :sick: :mrgreen:

-- 08 Dec 2017, 16:23 --

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

zaib001

ForumCoin: 21

Postby verity » 10 Dec 2017, 01:54

hello thank you for these tips and reminding us, but honestly i dont follow what you mention <3

verity

ForumCoin: 259

Postby talkerbee » 10 Dec 2017, 03:44

And I think we should avoid using free Wi-Fi or public Wi-Fi. Maybe from time to time we do scanning on antivirus software.

talkerbee

Referrals: 26
ForumCoin: 547

Next

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology