ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet and other technology

Online Communication

Postby raaman » 04 Sep 2017, 13:12

Communication on internet. Will it replace the real life?

raaman

ForumCoin: 57

Re: Online Communication

Postby grecy0905 » 04 Sep 2017, 14:56

No, it is one way of communication but I think being a human being it is nice to talk with people not in virtual but in real life, with flesh and blood. I still go for warm hugs, holding hands and personally hearing the laughter. I

grecy0905

Referrals: 11
ForumCoin: 276

Postby raaman » 04 Sep 2017, 15:00

grecy0905 wrote:I still go for warm hugs, holding hands and personally hearing the laughter.

That is what is very much needed to keep up human relations.

raaman

Postby morgoodie » 04 Sep 2017, 16:22

I don't think it will completely take over the way we communicate but I think it will become a very integral part of our communication methods. Human beings still need personal contact with each other for relationships to be close even in a non-romantic way. Humans really weren't meant to be solitary creatures.

morgoodie

ForumCoin: 962

Postby Heatman » 04 Sep 2017, 19:03

I don't think that it would completely achieve such feat but I am quite confident it would rival direct old school human means of communication. The reason I believe that online communication wouldn't be 100 percent successful in making human communication go extinct is because there are still people who to agree with so much technological involvement in the affairs of their lives.

Heatman

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 45

Postby chekdn » 12 Sep 2017, 11:58

It won't replace real life communication since there are so things than man would need their physical presence to achieve it. It's should and will always remain just an additional form of communication. It's just like when you have a main source of income and then, so additional streams of income.

chekdn

ForumCoin: 308

Postby paver3 » 13 Sep 2017, 00:22

raaman wrote:Communication on internet. Will it replace the real life?

I don't think it will replace real life, but I do think it will, or already has, modified real life communications. People tend to be more cryptic and possibly tend more toward slang than before.

There seems to be something about "virtual reality" that makes us feel as if the other person isn't really a person, so we forget to take others feelings into consideration. I believe that is spilling over into "real life."

paver3

ForumCoin: 4

Postby sprite1950 » 13 Sep 2017, 07:06

I don't think so unless for some reason we are forced into it. Human contact is important to most people, some more than others. I have been watching an experiment on tv about people who are put into isolation for a considerable length of time and most of them feel as if they are going insane with the lack of communication. True they don't have any form of communication at all but the worst thing for them is the lack of being close to their loved ones.

sprite1950

Referrals: 7
ForumCoin: 1,770

Postby raaman » 13 Sep 2017, 13:25

morgoodie wrote:Humans really weren't meant to be solitary creatures.

That's of course is very true. As otherwise, human race would have vanished long ago.

raaman

Postby thisnthat » 13 Sep 2017, 15:27

I think maybe it has for some people. They are only "social" on social media, but rarely (if ever) "in real life." I think this dependence leads to a lot more social anxiety issues. Of course, I have no scientific data to back that up. It's just my opinion.

thisnthat

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 335

Postby Rock1987 » 13 Sep 2017, 15:31

Online communication will never replace real life conversations. Real life conversations cheer up a person more than online communication.

Rock1987

ForumCoin: 81

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology