ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
Forum Coin is an online community where you earn Forum Coin for making posts and referring other members. You can use that Forum Coin as a virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional, real world currencies. Find out more!
Talk hardware, software, computer gaming, mobile devices, the Internet and other technology

Do you own Smart TV? Are you satisfied with the product?

Postby castbound » 12 Aug 2017, 22:10

As the title says... Do you guys own Smart TV?

I own Grundig Smart TV and I got to admit I'm really satisfied with the product. Watching movies in FULLHD is amazing. Which Smart TV brand do you have? Are you satisfied with the product ?

castbound

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 4

Re: Do you own Smart TV? Are you satisfied with the product?

Postby purple19 » 13 Aug 2017, 00:08

I don't know a smart tv but i would like to buy one in future i own normal tv

purple19

ForumCoin: 55

Postby peachpurple » 13 Aug 2017, 05:23

I do not have any smart TV, just a normal LED TV. Smart TV that goes online is not practical. You cannot use any wifi mouse or keyboard to control the online function. Very difficult to control. Might as well connect your laptop to your LED TV

peachpurple

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 171

Postby sprite1950 » 13 Aug 2017, 08:26

I have a normal TV that is connected to a YouView Box (UK) which means I can connect to the internet. I have often thought of getting a Smart TV as the price seems to have gone down now and they are more affordable.

sprite1950

Referrals: 7
ForumCoin: 2,048

Postby raaman » 13 Aug 2017, 10:36

What smart? In what way is the TV smart? In June, I purchased the 'Lloyd' brand TV. When we put on the TV the word 'SMART' is flashed in all glory! But what is the use. It takes a minute or two for each channel to open. It is very boring. My point is today everything is digitalized. So it should start instantly, is it not? But it does not!

raaman

ForumCoin: 610

Postby japsalm » 13 Aug 2017, 10:42

the problem with Smart TV is the fact that you are limited to using a remote to type with it. The only thing I use it for is Youtube and Netflix though.

japsalm

ForumCoin: 61

Postby raaman » 13 Aug 2017, 10:47

sprite1950 wrote:which means I can connect to the internet.

But still there are restrictions in connecting to internet via TV than via our PC, I think.

raaman

ForumCoin: 610

Postby chikitta » 13 Aug 2017, 11:26

A friend of mine was telling me about it a few months back but am sure that will take time to reach us we are still using the normal tv's in our country

chikitta

ForumCoin: 122

Postby thisnthat » 13 Aug 2017, 16:32

raaman wrote:
sprite1950 wrote:which means I can connect to the internet.

But still there are restrictions in connecting to internet via TV than via our PC, I think.

japsalm wrote:the problem with Smart TV is the fact that you are limited to using a remote to type with it.

I think all you really need to do is hook up an HDMI cable and a wireless keyboard/mouse. It would basically turn your TV into a giant monitor.

Yeah, typing by remote can be annoying.

I love my smart TV. I can watch more stuff now free than I could watch when I was paying for a satellite TV subscription.

thisnthat

ForumCoin: 102

Postby Angie10 » 13 Aug 2017, 16:37

I don't have one but was interested in getting it at some point. But when I was told it requires fast internet, I decided against it. I must say the price has come down significantly, which is good.I'm not even sure what the big thing is about them, though LOL @thisnthat, why do you love yours so much?

Angie10

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 1,739

Postby castbound » 13 Aug 2017, 19:27

purple19 wrote:I don't know a smart tv but i would like to buy one in future i own normal tv
You should definitely consider buying one. Its worth the money. You can do whatever you would like with it. So many apps.

castbound

ForumCoin: 4

Postby augusta » 14 Aug 2017, 14:54

Saw one in a friend place.I think I love the apps and other features herein.It worth having.

augusta

ForumCoin: 490

Postby soxui123 » 14 Aug 2017, 15:20

I have a TV which can use HDMI, so i can connect my android box device, and can play games, video, music or social network. I think, smart TV will cost more than a TV with an android box :D :D

soxui123
Banned

ForumCoin: 485

Postby thisnthat » 14 Aug 2017, 20:41

Angie10 wrote:I don't have one but was interested in getting it at some point. But when I was told it requires fast internet, I decided against it. I must say the price has come down significantly, which is good.I'm not even sure what the big thing is about them, though LOL @thisnthat, why do you love yours so much?

Ha ha, well, for one thing, it replaced a big OLD boxy one that needed to be replaced for some time. It has a gorgeous picture. It's almost like being at the movies. It has apps that let you watch all kinds of stuff. I couldn't even get network TV before, when I was trying to sign up and pay for it. Now, I get the one I wanted free. I can watch Netflix, Amazon, rent a movie with a click, etc., and I am planning to do as suggested above (HDMI cable thing).

When I have time to watch, it's great (usually on the weekend).

thisnthat

ForumCoin: 102

Postby metsrock69 » 14 Aug 2017, 21:07

I did a little research on smart tvs. I have a firestick and a blu ray with internet connected to it. I am happy with my technology :)

metsrock69

ForumCoin: 490

Next

Return to CGT - Computers, Gaming & Technology