ForumCoin Special Offer: Free ForumCoin Exchanges Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
Questions and discussions related to business, making money online, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Forum rules
Please ensure that all posts contribute positively to the discussion and are quality posts. Any low quality posts will be deleted. Please read "What makes a worthwhile post? before posting. This section is not for questions or topics about Forum Coin and these discussions should instead be posted in our ForumCoin Related Discussions forum. You must not post referral links in this forum.

Re: Emu Farming Is a Good Business!

Postby skysnap » 06 Aug 2019, 08:31

I think with Modi like president lot of good things will happen and are happening. I am sure small business and handmades are going to take the big leap too. So emu farming may also get some support. It's just that people have to approach the govt and they will surely do something about it.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 1,268

Postby augusta » 07 Aug 2019, 06:36

I haven't had any experience about Emu farming perse but farming generally is very lucrative especially if one does it as a full time business. So if anyone wants to go ahead then the person should feel free. It will be successful.

augusta

ForumCoin: 444

Postby A K Rao » 07 Aug 2019, 07:36

augusta wrote:I haven't had any experience about Emu farming perse but farming generally is very lucrative especially if one does it as a full time business. So if anyone wants to go ahead then the person should feel free. It will be successful.

Yes anything done with full faith and by taking full interest will definitely succeed ! One needs to have patience and will power to sustain the hardships. Like in all businesses here also we require, hard work, hardship, sincerity, honesty, knack of attracting the client etc to make our business a successful venture!

A K Rao

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 2,501

Postby fergus1234 » 07 Aug 2019, 10:39

Emu meat is delicious but only rich people affords them. So food industry is not your main market if you farm emu, its the Pharma companies because their fats is used for different medicines and cosmetics.

fergus1234

ForumCoin: 303

Postby skysnap » 07 Aug 2019, 12:11

augusta wrote:I haven't had any experience about Emu farming perse but farming generally is very lucrative especially if one does it as a full time business. So if anyone wants to go ahead then the person should feel free. It will be successful.

Full time business of this would take like years. I think many people just want it a side income on their farm they start with it. And once they get profit they add more emus.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 1,268

Postby Alexandoy » 08 Aug 2019, 00:14

fergus1234 wrote:Emu meat is delicious but only rich people affords them. So food industry is not your main market if you farm emu, its the Pharma companies because their fats is used for different medicines and cosmetics.

I still have to taste ostrich meat although they say that it tastes like steak. With emu I guess it would have the same exotic taste like the ostrich meat.

Alexandoy

ForumCoin: 895

Postby fergus1234 » 08 Aug 2019, 01:49

They tasted like beef like most red meats do.

fergus1234

Postby Alexandoy » 08 Aug 2019, 21:25

fergus1234 wrote:They tasted like beef like most red meats do.

Just to add info on ostrich meat, it is now being sold in the provincial market where the farm is situated. The cost of the meat in the market is cheap so you can guess that ostrich farming is fading.

Alexandoy

Postby fergus1234 » 09 Aug 2019, 00:34

Not fading but more like they have enough supply to make it more affordable. The main product sold from ostriches are the leather, meat is only secondary byproduct. Emu also have leather but the main market is the fat which is used for medicines and cosmetics.

fergus1234

Postby Alexandoy » 09 Aug 2019, 07:12

fergus1234 wrote:Not fading but more like they have enough supply to make it more affordable. The main product sold from ostriches are the leather, meat is only secondary byproduct. Emu also have leather but the main market is the fat which is used for medicines and cosmetics.

I don't see the leather in the ostrich farming for it is focused on the meat that failed to catch the imagination of the public. In other words, the industry went kaput - there is supply but no demand.

Alexandoy

Postby A K Rao » 09 Aug 2019, 08:11

fergus1234 wrote:Not fading but more like they have enough supply to make it more affordable. The main product sold from ostriches are the leather, meat is only secondary byproduct. Emu also have leather but the main market is the fat which is used for medicines and cosmetics.

Yes, you may be right ! There are many companies which are selling emu oil which is quite expensive ! But at the same time there are many companies which look small in operations but are doing excellent business! One of the farm owned by a person known to me in my home town is doing business of 100 to 250 million rupees turn over per annum, which is not a small amount in any way!

A K Rao

Postby a_jerobon » 09 Aug 2019, 09:10

A K Rao wrote:Image

Emu is an Australian bird , related to Ostrich. This bird has been brought into India along with Ostrich for the purpose of farming.

However the Emu has gained the popularity in India and is capable of getting adapting to all types of agro climatic conditions.

In fact the Emu has gained popularity for they produce valuable eggs, meat, oil , skin and feathers.

Presently Emu farming is successfully being carried out in Andhra Pradesh, Tamilnadu, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Delhi and people are making good profits put of this business!

Have you got any idea about this farming?

This is my first time learning about such farming. In my country, I only know of farming ostriches. This is sounds like a great farming method because of the benefits that the Emu provide.

a_jerobon

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 380

Postby fergus1234 » 09 Aug 2019, 09:52

Most made in australia skin care products have emu oil. Its like liquid gold for pharmacy and cosmetic companies. The ultimate liquid gold though is the blood of horseshoe crabs which are also farmed in India.

Last edited by fergus1234 on 10 Aug 2019, 15:27, edited 1 time in total.
fergus1234

Postby Alexandoy » 10 Aug 2019, 07:20

Oh well, since emu farming looks to be doing good in India I guess it will be copied by rich landowners here. They have the propensity to pioneer in new businesses.

Alexandoy

Postby A K Rao » 10 Aug 2019, 08:00

Alexandoy wrote:Oh well, since emu farming looks to be doing good in India I guess it will be copied by rich landowners here. They have the propensity to pioneer in new businesses.

Main thing is to find the market place as the products are perishable and have limited shelf life except for the oilnad the leather! With time these factors can be takes care of!

A K Rao

PreviousNext

Return to Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum