New: Contest May 1 to May 31 – Prize 500 FC Close
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
Questions and discussions related to business, making money online, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Forum rules
Please ensure that all posts contribute positively to the discussion and are quality posts. Any low quality posts will be deleted. Please read "What makes a worthwhile post? before posting. This section is not for questions or topics about Forum Coin and these discussions should instead be posted in our ForumCoin Related Discussions forum. You must not post referral links in this forum.

Re: What do you think are the best investment strategies in any business?

Postby anilmr » 31 Jan 2019, 17:23

sofs wrote:Getting to know your competition is important. You need to make sure that your quality and service is better than theirs if you want to beat them at them at their own game. Getting the right marketing strategies and taking the market by storm with what you have to offer would constitute good business strategies.

Yes, I agree with you that it is very important to know your competitors inside out - that is where SWOT analysis comes into picture. SWOT stands for strength, weakness, opportunites and threats. Here the threat is the one which is posed by competitor.

anilmr

ForumCoin: 1,012

Postby skysnap » 26 Feb 2019, 10:58

anilmr wrote:
theresajane wrote:I don't have any experience with running a business. But, as an ordinary person, I'm attracted when there's something new. So, businesses should offer new things or spice things up.

But one must remember that it is always difficult to start anything, which includes business of course, if you do not have sufficient knowledge and skill. Yes, if a business concept is new and unique, it will surely sound attractive, since intially you may not have many competitors. But as the time passes by, and the concept becomes more common, there will be lots of competition to contend with.

I think sometimes you also have to jump in blindly. And then think about things. That is how many people do it in real life. You have to take risks and then build off on that, you can't do this overnight.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 1,134

Postby theresajane » 26 Feb 2019, 12:19

I think the best strategy would be widening your knowledge. Not only about your competitors, but also with the factors that help you improve on different aspects.

theresajane

ForumCoin: 250

Postby Chameli » 26 Feb 2019, 14:05

Generally speaking, in order to do business either you will have to create the necessity for the product you are selling or you have fulfil the demand of the market. If you can focus on these two aspects, your business will do well.

Chameli
Banned

ForumCoin: 170

Postby tusziget » 27 Feb 2019, 05:19

I have read many times as well, that the main thing before creating a business to make a market research to find out which kind of products are bought mostly by people. And you should create similar products, even if there is a big competition on the market.

tusziget

ForumCoin: 238

Postby skysnap » 14 Mar 2019, 13:15

I'd say if you keep on investing 80% of what you earn for 5 years. you get into the financial shape where things woould start to work for you. Then move to 40% as time moves ahead and then start spending.

skysnap

Postby augusta » 15 Mar 2019, 03:32

For me it will be reinvesting your profit, to make a business grow that must be financial expansion and as such if there's no way to get a loan for expansion then try using your profit.

augusta

Postby tusziget » 15 Mar 2019, 05:21

I think the same way, it is better to use your own cash or some profit for your business, instead of taking a loan.Usually if you are paying back the loan you have to pay much more.

tusziget

Postby Kei » 15 Mar 2019, 05:24

My business strategy is that of offering the best services to your customers. If you have a competition, make sure you have an added advantage. It could be 1% discount, always available or just something to make your customers smile always.

Kei

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 276

Postby skysnap » 21 Mar 2019, 08:41

I have recently checked out that the liquid fund seems to be something that work when you have emergency money issue. Mutual funds need to be controlled during the recession.

skysnap

Postby anilmr » 21 Mar 2019, 09:22

skysnap wrote:I have recently checked out that the liquid fund seems to be something that work when you have emergency money issue. Mutual funds need to be controlled during the recession.

Yes, you need to have liquid funds, which can bail you out during emergencies. These liquid funds can be in the form of Bank FDs or Liquid Mutual Funds. Experienced Fund managers say - creating an emergency or contingent fund is a necessity in personal finance, and investors should build their portfolio keeping in mind planned liquidity needs and a buffer for unexpected liquidity needs, i.e. an emergency.

anilmr

ForumCoin: 1,012

Postby ruthmongare » 21 Mar 2019, 19:35

Just invest what you can afford to loss. That's the simplest investment strategy.

ruthmongare

ForumCoin: 626

Postby A K Rao » 22 Mar 2019, 07:46

Depending upon the nature of business one has to decide about the investment strategy. In any business there is a risk. Some business people feel that they can reap better profits if they take more risk in the business, which one can do only having some good experience in a particular type of business.

A successful investment in my opinion in any business is one which will fetch back minimum profit exceeding the interests that could be fetched with that money in local market after deducting all the expenses incurred in the business!

A K Rao

Referrals: 2
ForumCoin: 929

Postby suny » 22 Mar 2019, 09:09

There are just two investment strategies- one- take the profit and quit and 2- stay invested and play it cool.

suny

Referrals: 63
ForumCoin: 1,915

Postby skysnap » 22 Mar 2019, 12:29

anilmr wrote:Yes, you need to have liquid funds, which can bail you out during emergencies. These liquid funds can be in the form of Bank FDs or Liquid Mutual Funds. Experienced Fund managers say - creating an emergency or contingent fund is a necessity in personal finance, and investors should build their portfolio keeping in mind planned liquidity needs and a buffer for unexpected liquidity needs, i.e. an emergency.

Thanks any idea which liquid funds are good. And how to get the most out of those funds? I am kind of struggling with the selection of funds. Any resource on that?

skysnap

PreviousNext

Return to Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum