*** ForumCoin is Proudly Hosted by Hawk Host ***
ForumCoin is an online community where you earn ForumCoin for making posts and for referring other members. You can use the ForumCoin virtual currency to buy and sell goods and services and to exchange for traditional currencies. Find out more!
BMF Banner Ad
Questions and discussions related to business, making money online, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Forum rules
Please ensure that all posts contribute positively to the discussion and are quality posts. Any low quality posts will be deleted. Please read "What makes a worthwhile post? before posting. This section is not for questions or topics about Forum Coin and these discussions should instead be posted in our ForumCoin Related Discussions forum. You must not post referral links in this forum.

What do you think is future for Netflix? How would you look upon it as an investment option?

Postby anilmr » 23 Jan 2019, 16:41

Netflix's earnings per share have declined in fourth quarter, falling from $0.41 in the year-ago quarter to $0.30. The decline was driven by higher content spending, which pressured the company's operating margin. As of now, Netflix is spending massive amounts of cash to fund its expansion. Free cash flow (FCF) was negative $3 billion in 2018 and is expected to be around the same level in 2019. Should one invest in it, stay invested or sell the shares?

anilmr

Referrals: 6
ForumCoin: 2,183

Banner Ad

Re: What do you think is future for Netflix? How would you look upon it as an investment option?

Postby Netherrealmer » 23 Jan 2019, 16:56

After they did a price hike, I can see their stocks dwindled more. Also they have more competition now. Warner Brothers now have its own streaming service. Facebook now have its own streaming service, Then there is Youtube Red and dropout.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 2,558

Re: What do you think is future for Netflix? How would you look upon it as an investment option?

Postby anilmr » 23 Jan 2019, 18:41

fergus1234 wrote:After they did a price hike, I can see their stocks dwindled more. Also they have more competition now. Warner Brothers now have its own streaming service. Facebook now have its own streaming service, Then there is Youtube Red and dropout.

Yes, with so competetion around, it will not be easy for Netflix to bounce back and make a turnaround, as far as earnings per share is concerned.

anilmr

Postby MysticMoons » 23 Jan 2019, 21:28

Not sure. I rather invest in buying cheap products and sell for more.
But if they stocks are good and will grow I might buy some.

want to make big money playing games and chilling onlie then check out the link to learn how! https://vocal.media/gamers/how-to-make-money-playing-video-games-from-homework from home playing games
MysticMoons

ForumCoin: 751

Postby augusta » 24 Jan 2019, 01:28

I believe despite it's competitors that Netflix is still the best Giants amongst them. So I believe one can go ahead and still believe in them to invest and expect a good revenue on investment.

augusta

ForumCoin: 11

Postby Netherrealmer » 24 Jan 2019, 10:42

Today is not the best time to invest to them though because fans are livid and triggered because of the price hike.

Netherrealmer
Community Moderator

ForumCoin: 2,558

Postby anilmr » 24 Jan 2019, 10:53

fergus1234 wrote:Today is not the best time to invest to them though because fans are livid and triggered because of the price hike.

Yes, you are right - their popularity has dipped due to the price hike.

anilmr

Postby skysnap » 24 Jan 2019, 11:27

They started censorship, price hike, forced regional content. I don't see netflix as a future. New alternative will come out.

skysnap

ForumCoin: 351

Postby A K Rao » 24 Jan 2019, 12:46

I never ever invested in this company, but I think Netflix India is doing great in Urban parts of India, especially in Cosmopolitan cities among the youngsters! I think there are more competitors also in the market with which I think they need to fight out, though they have good backing of Amazon in India.

A K Rao

Referrals: 3
ForumCoin: 1,168

Postby mrki444 » 24 Jan 2019, 12:48

Why so big Companies always how to grow? Why they can't stay with example 100 milion dollars of earning per year? They always want more.

mrki444

Referrals: 1
ForumCoin: 533

Postby anilmr » 24 Jan 2019, 15:20

mrki444 wrote:Why so big Companies always how to grow? Why they can't stay with example 100 milion dollars of earning per year? They always want more.

I think that's a common human tendency - "gimme more". I think we can never be satisfied with something. We always want more and more. Tomorrow if someone posts that a particlular paid to pist in forum website is even better than FC in terms of earning - i will surely give it a go!

anilmr

Postby Rational Mind » 24 Jan 2019, 21:03

The biggest competitor of Netflix is Amazon. I am with Amazon Prime.

Rational Mind
Banned

ForumCoin: 34

Postby oldbuddy » 25 Jan 2019, 02:14

dominique wrote:The biggest competitor of Netflix is Amazon. I am with Amazon Prime.

In my opinion YouTube Premium will pass them both up. I have been with Netflix for decades and plan to try Youtube Premium when I get back from vacation in a couple of weeks with the intention of switching if I like it better.

NEW tool to bring eyeballs to your offer and earn referral commission.
(You Can Join Free and Learn As You Earn With My Help)
I turned off the emails they send to view ads on the website to earn free ad credits.
oldbuddy

Referrals: 37
ForumCoin: 2,391

Postby Happyland » 25 Jan 2019, 02:19

Netflix will continue to do very well. I think they are raising prices. If they have pricing power then that speaks volumes. About their prospects going forward. I would like to see them change the name to something better. The name sounds very old from the beginnnings of the internet.

Happyland

ForumCoin: 1,317

Postby anilmr » 25 Jan 2019, 10:47

Happyland wrote:Netflix will continue to do very well. I think they are raising prices. If they have pricing power then that speaks volumes. About their prospects going forward. I would like to see them change the name to something better. The name sounds very old from the beginnnings of the internet.

Ok, so you are bullish on the prospects of NetFlix!

anilmr

Next

Your Ad Here.

Return to Business, Money & Wealth - BMW Forum